1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Not to mention that the show just started last year, also we don't know how many episodes Disney will order, 52 maybe or 13 to 26 episodes.

2. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The first two seasons of 26 episodes are already green-lit, and the second season is in post-production (so says series producer Fine).

3. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

We're talking about a possible season 3.

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was answering this. The earlier comment about no news regarding season 3 is accurate. I assumed that the uncertainty in the post implied he didn't know that two seasons of 26 episdes are already ordered and (or or less) in the can.

5. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

I can see where the confusion came from but I think King_of_Doom meant we don't necessarily know that season 3 would be the same 26-episode length as the first two seasons. Batman: The Brave and the Bold, after all, has only 13 episodes in its final season.

6. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Could be.

I would so send Disney a nasty letter, postage due, if that was the case! I'd show THEM! Narf!

7. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Next episode looks like it's going to be even more awesome than the last one. Looks to be all 8 Avengers vs. a never-ending army of robots from the future, and what's exciting is that that's a larger scale than anything they've ever faced before. In Gamma World they were up against a lot of gamma-powered grunts, true, but that was never more than a couple dozen at a time, plus they were only focused on the Cube and the Leader's lair. This time it looks like they're going to be trying to protect all of New York City from Kang while Iron Man tries to locate the Damocles. Pretty epic!

8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

#488 dmxx116, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
  9. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm hoping for a raft (no pun intended) of cameos as the heroes -- and perhaps some villains! -- all over the world fight the invasion.

Those were always some of my favorite scenes from stuff like "Secret Invasion" or "Inferno" - a page divided into 6-9 panels showing the Champions fighting off demons in Los Angeles, Spidey rescuing a civilian in NY, the X-Men fighting a holding action in San Francisco, etc etc.

I wonder if SHIELD would issue pardons and empty out 42 if the invasion was extended over time... Thunderbolts are GO, as the saying goes!

But... probably not. Its just a 30 minute episode, more or less - although I don't expect final victory, its the set up for the third episode. The "Empire Strikes Back", so to speak.

10. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Not sure if they would do Thunderbolts during the Kang arc, but it would be so awesome to see it happen at some point.

11. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

Personally, I've always felt that an Avengers animated series would be the ideal place for the Thunderbolts to make their small screen debut. Of course I was thinking more along the lines of the original Zemo led T-bolts.

12. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As requested:

[​IMG]

Blizzard, prior to being beaten up by the Wasp and Captain America

13. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We finally have another ratings number among Kids 6-11 thanks to Cynopsis: Kids. Unfortunately for The Avengers: EMH, it's the same story as the last time we got Saturday morning numbers. For January 8, at 9am, Pair of Kings got a 1.1/5 rating and share, and then EMH dropped at 9:30 am to a 0.6/3,

14. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

15. Capt. Speedbump

Actually it's not quite the same story; before A:EMH got a 0.3, and now it has 0.6, so that's an improvement. Maybe Disney XD is giving the show time to establish itself.

And again, these are ratings of reruns, for one specific time-period.

Let's not go chicken little quite just yet...

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

17. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

That is great news to hear.

18. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

Well, I think this settles it once and for all that the poor rerun ratings were just that, and not an indicator of the show's overall success. This bodes well for the show going beyond a second season,. :)

19. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Nice to know that the Avengers is doing well, hope it keeps this up so that we can get more episodes and a few action figures if i might add, i will so buy them.

20. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Uh, sorry to say, but that report doesn't say anything specific at all or give any real numerical statistics. It didn't specify which shows got which ratings, just Disney XD in general. I think it's just assumptions on that site's part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.