1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sockie

Sockie Member

On the possibility of a Civil War adaptation, Chris Yost said this on his Twitter in response to someone who asked about it:

http://twitter.com/yost/status/23502619255250944

2. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

All the things Callonme put in his list are plot points that have been shown onscreen and are shown to be developing. Although I think Doom'll show up sometime since he's one of Marvel's biggest villains and Tony already mentioned conflict with him. And of course where there's Ultron there's Vision.

3. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Hopefully it doesn't follow that story too closely, a lot of it didn't make sense - probably it'll be some sort of rift forming in the Avengers, specifically between Cap and Tony.

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, the comic series made not a bit of it made sense if you looked at it too closely, from the nature of the legislation to the out of character reactions to the SHRA. I mean, I get it - they wanted to a do a big fanboy fest of "X vs Y", but while it could have been done well, they executed very poorly on the concept.

I hope its not a rift between Cap and Star in any case - they haven't had the history to develop a strong bond yet, and so a rift wouldn't have the same dramatic impact.

But a wait-and-see attitude is best - Yost and company have yet to disappoint me yet.

BONUS:

Kang preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gty1VAdwrD4&feature=player_embedded

#464 Medinnus, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  5. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

I haven't read Civil War, but considering how I've heard it was recieved rather poorly, I don't see why Yost would want to even think about doing a plotline based on it. Who knows though, maybe they can salvage it in some way or another - because it is at least an interesting concept, even if the original excecution was felt to be extremely poor. :sad:

6. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yost seems to have a talent for preserving the soul of the works without necessarily including the details.

7. Monte

Monte Active Member

Well ya you're starting to get it there at the end... I haven't read it either, but it's very easily a "good idea, bad execution" kind of deal. I mean a registration act of some kind and a civil war resulting from it sounds like an excellent idea and brimming with conflict and what-not... despite how things might have turned out in the comics it's EASY to believe that the Civil War could be done well. In fact studying the comics would be the best way to figuring out what was bad about it and how to start fixing it up

Personally, i'm not sure if i want them going through with the civil war... not yet. Huge Crossover events like that require a whole Marvel Universe worth of shows before it should come up... in addition to an avengers show, we also should have an X-Men, Fantastic Four and a Spiderman show all of whom are part of the same continuity (the shows do not have to be finished but they should all atleast get through their first seasons). The four shows combined would introduce us to and build up on most of all the characters we need to know to really get the most out of the huge cross over event. If the avengers pull the civil war on their own, then i don't feel it will be as strong since the avengers will get center stage to the other marvel heroes and we will not have gotten a chance to really know the other marvel heroes involved as well as we would like to... Frankly seeing people beating the crap out of eachother feels a lot better when you really KNOW them first.

However the writers seem to be influenced somewhat by the movies and thus i would be surprised if they feel they do not need to make the other marvel series first seeing as many people will already know these marvel heroes through their movie incarnations, even if the movies are not in the same continuity... part of the whole point of doing the other series first is to introduce the marvel characters but the movies have done that for many... the only thing that might be missing is good build up since a handful of movies may or may not be as good as a full series...

8. capfan1

capfan1 Member

If they do decide to make the civil war story it would'nt be til mid to later in the 2nd season or 3rd season.Yes the comic series was a dissapointment but it can be so much better in animation.I'm hoping they make it a direct to dvd movie though,which would be a better way to go.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm with you there. Civil War was a big storyline (not to mention a big seller) for Marvel, so it's always possible they might want to do something with it (as they did with MUA2) but I'd prefer if they did something a little more standalone like a dtv movie or series than for them to take up too much of this show's time with it.

10. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

On another note, a fan on Yost's FB site asked if we'd see more of the FF than just last episode's cameo, and Yost responded:

"You will see them. Big time."

11. capfan1

capfan1 Member

That's good to know since the way they are animated in the picture is pretty cool.I like to see the full red torch instead of seeing half of johnny when he flame's on.

12. CyclonatorZ

I'm sure this is true, as it's pretty obvious that Loki is the focus of the first season's overall arc. I suspect season two might center on Ultron, and might feature a reappearance of Kang. Adapting Civil War would have to wait until season three, at least.

Excellent, that's what I had hoped. I hope this means we'll also see other superheroes guest star. If so, an X-men focused episode is a must. ;)

13. babykhris

babykhris Member

Add Blizzard to the captured list thanks to Sunday's episode.

14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good reminder, thanks!

Every episode sees a plethora of updates to the cast profiles and so forth!

EDIT - Not to mention a continual source of microheroes to be done!

#474 Medinnus, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  15. CyclonatorZ

That's what I love about this show, among other things. Honestly, the way they've used the rotating hero roster is simply brilliant - it sure beats having a standard team with different guest stars each week, though we've already seen a bit of the latter as well. ;)

16. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Blizzard would look pretty damn cool as a microvillain, have you done him yet?

17. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not yet, but requests like that get my attention! ;)

18. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

How has this series been doing ratings wise for Disney XD? Does anyone know?

I have really, REALLY come to like this series. It's so much fun to see all of these Marvel characters getting to be used like this and in a such a fun story telling way. It took a while for the theme song to gel with me, but I have come to like it with it getting stuck in my head at times. Love the changing roster image at the end of each theme opening to reflect the current active roster.

So they have two seasons, but considering the long lead time for animation, especially it seems like a series such as this, has Marvel or Disney been talking season 3?

19. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

There's no news on a season 3 yet.

20. Sockie

Sockie Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.