The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Michael Korvac" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 6, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - AEMH "Michael Korvac"

1. *****

59.1%
  2. ****1/2

9.1%
  3. ****

22.7%
  4. ***1/2

4.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

4.5%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Check out an all-new episode The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes today inside the Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Michael Korvac"
    Episode Premiere Date - May 6th, 2012
    The Avengers attempt to protect a mysterious man named Korvac from strange aliens that pursue him, but they soon realize that these aliens are the heroic Guardians of the Galaxy and that it is not Korvac who needs protection, but the Earth itself.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

Finally! I've been waiting for this episode for a long time! I do love me some Guardians of the Galaxy!

3. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Ms. Marvel got bumped up to title screen status, I see.

Hulk vs. Rocket Raccoon. This just got awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Last week, too.

Rocket Raccoon is proving very difficult to draw in microhero style.

5. LordTerminal

Watching Phyla-Vell in animated form reminds as to why I prefer her as Quasar in the first place.

6. jph139

jph139 Immortal

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! YEAH! Hopefully we get a repeat appearance or two from them... so much potential left untapped. Great choice on the roster, though, since a lot of the team is so wrapped up in continuity. I might have gone with Gamora over Phyla-Vell, since she's the heir to a legacy that doesn't even exist yet in this continuity... but her powers were certainly interesting, and it seems they fiddled with things to make her pretty much just Quasar. I'm cool with that.

They really nailed Groot and Rocket Raccoon (though I always pictured him with a Brooklyn accent over Aussie; still works). Love love LOVED Adam Warlock's design; he's always looked kind of goofy to me, in both his modern and older costumes, but he just looked SO cool here.

Overall plot was interesting, too. Very honestly unsettling - Korvac appearing out of nowhere, naked and terrified, flashing back to a horrible abduction. And that ending when he vanishes into some other dimension out of pure despair? Pretty heavy. Great final line by Star-Lord... really nailed his voice. Who was the VA, if I might ask?

The mention of the Soul Gem makes me pine for an Infinity Gauntlet special or DTV or SOMETHING. I mean, I think the odds are slim-to-none, but... man, wouldn't that be cool?

7. JLApe

JLApe New Member

Or as I like to call her "lesbian Captain Mar-Vell". :D

Thought that was Adam Warlock. The gem on his forehead (as well as the unmistakable hairstyle) was a giveaway. Didn't know he's a member of the Guardians.

Don't know much about Korvac except for what I've read about him. In the comic book, it was the Badoon that made him that way. Not sure if I buy the Kree doing it to him. Is it a practice for them to perform such experiments on "inferior humanoids"?

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Haven't seen the episode but from the preview I think it was Steve Blum.

9. majcvd49

majcvd49 New Member

So did Ms Marvel fight Skrull Cap in this episode like some of us predicted?

10. LordTerminal

No but she did get a good amount of time fighting Korvac.

Also Korvac initially mistaking Jan for Corrina gave me a serious Avenger's Academy flashback. Anyone who's read that comic should probably know why.

11. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

This was a great episode. A sad one, but great nonetheless. We had the Guardians of the Galaxy introduced in Animation for the first time in an episode by none other than Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning while at the same time introducing major Avengers villain Korvac also for the first time in animation. Rocket Raccoon was hilarious and Star-Lord actually struck me as more sane and competent than most of the characters on this show. I was surprised they didn't address Phyla-Vell's relationship to Mar-Vell, but I guess there just wasn't any room to address it. And it was nice to hear Kirk Thornton as Adam Warlock. Had the show been given a third season, we probably would've had an adaption of the Infinity Gauntlet story and an appearance by Thanos.

Poor Wasp. She's still not taking Hank leaving well. In fact, this season has been pretty harsh to any romantic relationship shown. Carol feels like Mar-Vell is a traitor and one of the enemy and right now he's locked up along with the Ronin. Hank left the Avengers and Wasp is taking it terribly. And do I need to mention what happened with Korvac and Corrina? I guess we can throw in Sue and Reed since Sue is really a Skrull.

Rest in peace Boyd Kirkland, you will be missed.

Something I've noticed, Avengers Assemble hasn't been said since the season premier right? I keep expecting Iron Man to say it but I guess they might be saving it up for some pivotal scene or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  12. Avengers

Avengers New Member

This was perfect in my mind. A great cosmic season spectacle. Korvac got great development and was defeated in a very nice way (by that I mean it was believable as they do set the whole pay off up from the beginning). The guardians all got good screen time and were all awesome, especially the raccoon. The Avengers also each got their moment, especially wasp who really got some development which is always nice. Korvac was a great villain, especially considering the show confirmed he has killed people (they even showed it). All in all an excellently dark episode and I hope that the guardian's hint toward what is lurking in space we get to see. I do wonder however what horrible things skrull cap is doing behind everyone's back.

Also was Banner talking through Hulk at one point? I do hope we get to see him again

13. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

Oh, the Kree have been messing with humans and Earth for ages. Their genetic experiments created the Inhumans, actually. The Kree have this thing about genetic potential. Supposedly, they've reached an evolutionary plateau and experiment on all sorts of beings in hopes of finding a way to continue their own evolution.

14. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

Yeah, Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Hulk might not be dumb or a caveman but even that seemed a little out of character. Banner's been shown to talk with the Hulk through what I assume is a mental connection, so I'd guess Banner probably told him.

15. TheSkeletonMan93

TheSkeletonMan93 New Member

We haven't seen that for a while. Hope it happens at least one more time. Maybe by the end of the show Banner and Hulk can reach an agreement where they allow themselves to change into each other. We haven't had enough of Banner!

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

And... finished! Rocket Raccoon!
    [​IMG]

"Respect the Star Lord! Respect him!"

Edit - and speaking of the Star Lord...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I liked this episode. I don't know too much about the Guardians or Korvac, but that just made the episode more interesting. Those Guardians are such weird characters, but that just makes me more interested in hearing more about them, so I hope they appear again.

Also, I am glad that the writers took a chance with an ending that wasn't happy. Actually, it was quite tragic.

18. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Rocket Raccoon was cool in this episode also nice to see Greg Ellis reprise the role again since he voiced Rocket in the Marvel vs. Capcom game.

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

It was a good episode not my favorite. I was hoping for a lot more with the Guardians rather than Korvac. Oh well. Hopefully the Guardians might show up again sometime soon. The action and the fights were really good. I was glad we got to see another episode directed by the late Boyd Kirkland who got a classy memorial tag at the end of the episode.

20. Steiner

Steiner Dark Lord of the Sith

According to imdb it was Kevin Conroy.