"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Issue #11 Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Feb 13, 2013.

?

Rate and Comment - Issue #11

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The monthly Marvel Comic title based on the top-rated animated series!

MARVEL UNIVERSE - THE AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES #11

[​IMG]

WRITER: Joe Keatinge and Frank Tieri
    PENCILS: Khoi Pham and Tim Levins

• You won’t need to wait for Sunday Morning – grab the Avengers Adventures today!
    • First, Captain America must fight the deadly Nightmare in the one place he can’t have a fair fight – his own dreams!
    • Then, it’s a battle of Mythic Proportions as The Mighty Thor takes on Hercules, the Prince of Power!

Comments?

2. TIM

TIM New Member

Well, I simply loved it ... :)

3. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt New Member

Care to share any details? :)

EDIT: Got the issue!

Do you think American Dream, US Agent and Werewolf Captain America would be considered in-universe, or were they all just in Steve's head. I'd love to see more heroes in the Marvel Animated Universe.

Mod Note: No need for spoiler space (since the thread title clearly states this thread will contain spoilers). Spoiler space removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  4. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome back to the forums, Tim Levins! Feel free to share about your experiences drawing Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

5. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

In a related note, Avengers artist extraordinaire Khoi Pham has put up his pencils for the cover for Avengers #13 over at his Facebook account! I can't wait to see the colors, too!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151501187100329&set=np.52212333.1233360163&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_tag

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  6. TIM

TIM New Member

I'm not sure if those characters would be considered in-universe, and I don't think we'll be seeing any more Marvel heroes in the AEMH style, now that the comic book is switching to a TV episode adaptation, screen-capture format.

Thanks, James! I see the animated-style comics are as popular as ever ... ;)

Working on A:EMH has been a great experience, although it's tough getting used to drawing a bunch of new characters every time. I was constantly referring to model sheets, and just when I'd finally get a good handle on how someone looks from all angles, the story would be over! I still enjoyed it, though.

Unfortunately, my timing wasn't very good -- I started working on this series just before it changed to an episode adaptation/screen capture format. So, aside from potential cover work, there won't be any more opportunities to draw these great characters. Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted!

7. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

I wouldn't consider them as really existing, but that won't prevent me from adding an entry to the site for each of them once I get a moment.... I am shamed - two issues behind!

8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi