The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Acts of Vengeance" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 15, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - AEMH "Acts of Vengeance"

1. *****

62.5%
  2. ****1/2

21.9%
  3. ****

12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

3.1%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Check out an all-new episode The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes today inside the Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Acts of Vengeance"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 15th, 2012
    The Avengers hunt down the Masters of Evil only to find that the Enchantress is trying to take them down first. The Enchantress wants revenge on Zemo and his team for betraying her, and the Avengers find themselves caught in the middle.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. ndb

ndb New Member

Can I rate this five stars already? Looks to be a good episode! :proud:

3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Patience, grasshopper!

4. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Man, Zemo was really betting on the wrong horse! Nice touch with the Skrull shadow near the end... very imposing.

Nice to see the Masters again. Wonder Man and Zemo were both great - nice to see Simon finally "redeemed," though I'm still hoping he can come back, get a body, and join, even as a reserve member. Still another twenty-something episodes left this season. Still time!

Thing that bothered me, though? Hawkeye... on the moon... without any sort of mask! Iron Man and Dynamo make sense in suits, Enchantress and Executioner are Asgardian, but Hawkeye? Yeah, no dice there.

Oh and the ending with Surtur was great. Seeing Enchantress honestly terrified certainly drove home the "this guy's trouble!" message. Not that it needed any help with that giant flaming horned monster of a design! Yikes! With the Kree, the Skrull, the Red Skull, and now THIS guy in the pipe, there's going to be a lot of trouble for the team down the line...

5. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

I wouldn't count Simon out quite yet. I know this isn't the comics, but Wonder Man has a habit of coming back from certain death.

I just hope someone managed to get a recording of his brain engrams so they can program them into a certain synthezoid.

6. Cartoon Commando

Cartoon Commando New Member

I don't think they were on the moon because you could see the moon in the night sky in the background during the fight.

7. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Yeah, I made the same mistake at first.

This was a little gritty, imo. Some of the Masters' henchmen were out of commission or worse (Grey Gargoyle's "fate", for example), and that dwarf realm (I forgotten what race it was) is all but decimated by some demonic force, that now has Enchantress. She can't ever catch a break, huh?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  8. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Now if only we had a witch with the power of Chaos magic to call back and re-integrate Simon's ionic energy... WANDA! WANDA! WANDA!

Err... I mean... I wanda who could help... *cough* Maybe the Black Panther's tech from Wandakanda? :D

Also... narf! :narf:

9. Cartoon Commando

Chemistro's gun was turning Enchantress' arm into wood, but her magic reversed the process.

10. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Wood? Really? I didn't know chemistry worked like that... :confused:

11. Dustellar

Dustellar New Member

Hey, in the commercials were new promos?
    New Master Class? or something?
    I could not see why not live in USA, but please tell me if there was and how many were

12. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Aside from a couple of rather dumb moments (Wasp not figuring out Chemistro was really Enchantress in disguise and the rather cheesy Skrull shadow behind SkrullCap), this was a really entertaining episode. Good to see Wonder Man try to redeem himself. I rather like how Executioner is now dependent on modern guns. And the ending with Surtur was chilling.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Are you sure? I thought that was the Earth in the background...

But I remember the moon looking weird throughout the entire episode (and they kept showing it for some reason!) so I have no idea actually.

14. MarvelManiac

MarvelManiac New Member

Perfect!

Wow, another amazing episode. :D I mean, of course it'll be amazing, but this was a homerun for sure! Everything about it was great, to the references, the continuity, and the humor. This was a dark episode as well though; especially Skrull-Cap’s line “You have no idea who I am.” (and his shadow outline resembling a Skrull) and the ending with Surtur, a.k.a. the devil! :evil: No idea who that guy is, but even I was scared of him. Also, S. Fine Street? We don't know anybody by that name. That couldn’t possibly be an amalgamation of Eric S. Rollman and Joshua Fine. ;)

15. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

Well, if they're going to do it that way, considering how quickly Simon's energy probably dissipated, they'd have to get there fast. Or, maybe they'd at least have to know someone (perhaps a family member) who could get them there fast. Like really, really fast. Fast as mercury, maybe.

Hey, here's a fun little off-topic fact. Did you know the element mercury used to be called quick-silver. It's true. :p

16. Cartoon Commando

Yeah, his alchemy gun changes matter from one form to another. That's how Enchantress used his gun against him and turned him into Gold.

Yeah I'm positive. Hawkeye's gone to space before in one of the Kang episodes and they gave him a helmet, so I'm sure they wouldn't make that mistake when they got it right before.

Where they went to was some place on Earth that was cold, that's why some of Enchantress' attacks involved ice because she was manipulating it.

17. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Loved the episode. I enjoyed the fact that this was a really dark episode to the point where we have no idea if living laser and Zola survived and some imagry of freshly kille dwarfs and the apparent death of Wonderman (what a great character moment). Also maybe this only happened with me but I actually got really nervous as Zemo started to talk to Cap about his honor with the knowledge we have I found myself anticipating what would happen, personally I would have been happier if Zemo didn't talk about Cap's change but instead maybe hinted at realizing it isn't really him but that might have been to big a stretch. Also I am shocked the executioner was using guns and real ones at that, I was shocked when they weren't shooting lasers. All in all I loved he darker tone achieved here and hope it continues on. I will say I am sad that Zemo is out if the rogues list, he was my favorite villain and I hope he returns eventually but I guess it is good to see the team at least a little back on track with the breakout.

One question though, did Zemo's use of the last stone release Surtur or was it just a duel story kinda thing?

I thought that was an ice sheet they were fighting on

18. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

And more practically, they don't have water/ice on the moon, so it had to be somewhere terrestrial.

The writers of the Avengers put so much content and detail in their work, especially in contrast to normal cartoon series. I was curious how they would pull off an episode which was named after another Loki-driven plot; of course, their answer was to not have it resemble the comic plot of "Acts of Vengeance" at all, and rather do something new.

I was disappointed that we get another Asgardian plot so soon in the season; after the last season finale, I was kind of "Asgard-ed out", so to speak. Still, I was still intrigued as to how things are going to play out, having been somewhat of a Viking folklore afficianado all my life, and being very familiar with Ragnarok.

The Enchantress has long been one of my personal favorites from the Marvel Universe, and I am glad to see her not being shelved. She was presented well here, as powerful and cunning, and if someone as powerful as she is was utterly terrified by Surtur, that doesn't bode well.

In other notes:

• Are the black highlights on Chemistro's uniform an actual change in costume, or supposed to be shadowing from the darkness? Hard to tell, although I'm going to go with "animator mistake".
    • Seeing the Enchantress' arm wither from chemical burns and then become healed upon the instant was cool.
    • The final fate of Chemistro was appropriate, I thought. Cue the theme from "Goldfinger"
    • Heh. South Fine Street. Heh.
    • Thor is still in his season one clothes at the beginning of the episode.
    • Again, Zemo and his pals penetrates the Avengers Mansion without Stark's defenses slowing him down. Stark needs new tech!
    • Why does everyone want Thor?
    • I'm assuming that Balder saying "Twilight" refers to Ragnarok - I mean, the moves were bad, but bad enough to kill all the dwarves? Must be Ragnarok... but then, the Twilight movies are almost that bad...
    • It was obvious to me that the Enchantress had disguised herself as Chemistro in her attack on the Mansion - I mean, c'mon, this is Amora! Illusions are what she does!
    • In Norse mythology, Bor was a giant who was the father of Vili, Ve, and Odin.
    • In Norse mythology, Surtur is the Lord of the Fire Giants, and the Twilight Sword is probably what he uses to set the Norse realms on fire during Ragnarok
    • While Zemo did betray the agreement, Captain AmeriSkrull broke the deal first, rendering it null and void, so there was no deal to break.
    • CA's shadow being a Skrull as he tells Zemo "You have no idea who I am" was a masterstroke.

19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

This was a very good episode. Enchantress and can be very dangerous sometimes. It was almost sad seeing Zemo forced to crawl to his enemies for help.

The ending was very cool, also.

20. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Great episode. Loved seeing Thor, Amora and the other Asgardians again. The last scene with Amora was quite chilling.