1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder how far into the movie Ultron goes "bad?" Is the attack on the facility maybe the climax of the film?

At least it seems Tony becomes Iron Man again soon after Ultron becomes a threat...

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps. They made almost a whole movie without Tony as Iron Man but since this is an Avengers movie, maybe they'll be more of an emphasis on him suiting up asap.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Chris Evans let it slip he's being measured for another period jacket in the next Avengers movie. Probably a past meeting with Baron Strucker since in The First Avenger, they did hop scotch from 1943 to 1945 and we learned of one mission in 1944 from a tie-in comic.

And looks like the Italy shoot doubles for Serbia during winter conditions and three actors will be on a cargo ship shot with green screen.

Interesting details from alleged shoot plans

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to think Tony lied about destroying all his Armors and Ultron manages to hack the ones he's hiding in secret. He's lucky Pepper is probably not going to be in this movie to get mad at him nd call him out for it :sweat:.

6. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

He may have destroyed his armors, but if something manages to hack JARVIS, it could rebuild them or at least one or two.

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. I wonder how fast Tony's Armor development supposed to be? I mean, I think he had plenty of time between Avengers and Iron Man 3 to build the entirety of the Iron Legion, so I assume he wouldn't be able to build a lot of them in just a short time-frame even with help from JARVIS...

Then again, the Iron Legion were all prototypes weren't they? So it's not like he spent that much time on them :sweat:.

8. RoryWilliams

Hmmm so if Iron Man and Hulk are involved it's possible the Serbia scene is NOT the opening attack on HYDRA we'd been led to believe.

Well for simple sake of fact, he can't have destroyed all of them. We explicitly saw one of them holding up the oil platform and keeping it from collapsing. Had he blown that one up the whole thing would've plunged into the sea.

Plus he'd be an idiot to not have some back-ups in the event of an emergency.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Project Sub-Wine Cellar? :p

EDIT: I mean, with JARVIS, he built 36 armors in 7 months in his basement lab. Give him about a year and a half at Stark/Avengers Tower. Who knows what he's been building. I can't imagine him not tinkering in some capacity.

10. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, I personally think Stark giving his tech to that kid was definitely going to be something brought up in further films. We don't know just how HYDRA or AIM or SHIELD would get ahold of that and manipulate it for their own use.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like to believe that, out of all the Armors, Tony would go to great lengths to rebuild and hide the Mark I because of its sentimental value :sweat:.

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye! I wonder if she's too young for Clint to flirt with :sweat:.

I'd also assume the guy on the ground near Quicksilver is Ultron. It looks like Pietro manages to take him by surprise.

13. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

MTV has a closer look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver here! 'Avengers' Set Photos Offer First Look At Scarlet Witch And Quicksilver | MTV.com

I've got to say, I'm disappointed. Both characters looked great in the concept art, but I don't like the fact that Scarlet Witch is no longer in white (as per the concept art) and also missing her gloves, and I don't like Quicksilver's beard/hair/outfit/moustache. I hope they adopt the looks from the concept art at a later stage in the film.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Supposed description of the Sokovia scene being shot in Italy and more photos

And first look at Iron Man on set (1:37 mark). Note the person is incorrect (Mark 42 in Iron Man 3, not Mark 47). Obviously, not the final look since they're likely going to clean it up in post and add the rest of the armor.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks like the Mark 43 is the Mark 42 as a base, but with more traditional Iron Man red. Here's hoping it's more combat effective than the Mark 42 :sweat:.

16. RoryWilliams

New look at Hawkeye
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool longcoat Hawkeye ;).

I wonder if he's instrumental in getting the twins to switch sides in the movie? It would pretty fitting to have Clint be the one to do it, for a variety of reasons :).

18. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

More set photos, plus a very clear look at Ultron (Or at least his head and shoulders)
    Details To AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Scenes Filmed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm. He doesn't look bad really, but not great either. I would have preferred him having the trademark Ultron open mouth, although they kind of seems like a weird thing to complain about. Also, he just doesn't look evil enough to me. He actually kind of looks like a kindly, wise robot in the first pic (If that makes any sense) I don't know, he just doesn't scream "villain" to me. I know this is just a stand in, but the head and upper body look pretty well complete to me. Even so... not terrible, could be worse.

19. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think we're just seeing a piece of the mo-cap parts of it. I believe that is Spader walking around and the rest will be digitized from there.

Mod Note: Thread has reached 500 posts. Please proceed to Part 2 of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.