1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I admit when I sat down to watch The Avengers Blu-Ray I did did not drink anything. lmao. Just sayin' 142 minutes. Probably the ballpark for Age of Ultron's run time, too.

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

3. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

I will not discount the possibility of her being Wasp. Wasp is of Asian (likely Korean) descent in the Ultimate Marvel universe, and remember they wanted the actress to have a strong command of English.

4. RoryWilliams

Yes, Wasp was one of my first thoughts too. She's still not confirmed to be in the Ant-Man movie in any capacity, and we know joss Whedon really likes Wasp and wanted to include her in the first Avengers movie.

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know that makes me wonder exactly who isn't getting a big part in this film. We knew that Hawkeye was getting a big part before because Jeremy Renner discussed not getting as shafted as he was in the original Avengers, and Black Widow is also getting a huge part as well. And now we know the Hulk is and I doubt we're going to get less time spent on the "big three" (Cap, Thor and Iron Man) plus we're also suppose to get a lot with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. And since Ultron's also going to have a pretty big focus that's at least 9 major characters. Add in Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Jarvis, War Machine, Baron Von Strucker, and I'm sure various other new characters and ones from the other Cinematic verse films, we're probably looking at near two dozen named characters to worry about juggling. So yeah I could imagine this being split. Hell, I'm kind of surpirsed that Marvel or Disney didn't approach Whedon to do that in the first place with how popular that is nowadays. Truthfully I'm all for a split or a long movie since I'm all for having a good amount of characters getting focus but I do wonder how that's going to play out and how exactly they're going to go about it. Oh well part of the fun right?

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Along with what Rory brought up, that is an interesting thought. Looking at her Ultimate bio, they could certainly use some stuff - she shared a dorm room with Betty Ross, keeps being a mutant secret, has two Ph.Ds - and since she has that bio background, they could retcon that she helped with Pepper at the end of Iron Man 3 and/or is a researcher in the Stark/Avengers Tower.

7. RoryWilliams

I would not be surprised if some of those characters either don't appear until the third act or just have glorified cameos. For instance, I could see the bulk of the movie centered on the returning Avengers plus Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but maybe the big final fight brings in other heroes like War Machine.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if they'll go with Ultimate Wasp's nationality, but with a costume inspired more by regular comic Wasp?

If they're not going with the Inhuman angle for the twins, I wonder if they'll use it, instead, for Wasp?

9. RoryWilliams

Via the Assembling a Universe doc, the Hulkbuster will be showing up.

10. RoryWilliams

Here is the first look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#470 RoryWilliams, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Quicksilver looks better here than in DoFP, but I feel he could still use a little work.

Scarlett Witch I'm also a little iffy on.

Then again, it looks like the twins just start out with casual clothes that have their comic colors, so maybe I'll be more receptive to how they look in their actual costumes?

I thought the big bulky suit from Iron Man 3 was the Hulkbuster :sweat:.

Though the one in the concept art is much more fitting as a Hulkbuster Armor :).

Quicksilver is fighting robots in his image... Ultron's robot army?

#471 Frontier, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Quicksilver looks ten times better than the DoFP version. Scarlet Witch looks fine, IMO.

And yeah, I think those are Ultrons.

13. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

That blue suit in Iron Man 3 was the "Igor" armor. Basically, a heavy lifting suit with no weapons. Speaking of the Hulkbuster:

[​IMG]

Also, I prefer Avengers: AOU Quicksilver design more than DOFP. Although, I'm still surprised that Quicksilver is being used in both movies, despite him mostly being an X-Men character that FOX is currently using.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I still don't quite believe it. It is concept art, right? It might not be used. It might be Ultron who commandeered (but Tony did seemingly promise not to build more but who knows what happened between movies) or more likely built a suit to fight/capture Hulk for some reason.

Speaking of, Mark Ruffalo confirmed he's done some motion capture work already.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tony could possibly have designed, and potentially built, the Hulkbuster Armor for the military to use against the Hulk way before he ever met Banner. Or at least for much larger threats.

If he just designed it, maybe with their access to the War Machine Armor, the military were able to construct an Iron Man Armor for their personal use?

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

<shrug> Maybe. At this point, it could be anything. I was thinking Ultron simply because it's been said he'll 'evolve' as the movie progresses.

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd think if it was Ultron that it would looks less like an Iron Man Armor and more like him. Like those robots in the Quicksilver picture.

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

You guys are missing the point. Not that Ultron is literally the Hulkbuster, but that he is controlling it remotely, like in the comics. He can hack things, you know.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh! No, I agree that Ultron's probably hacked it, I just don't think he was the one who built the Hulkbuster in the first place.

Sorry if I misinterpreted you Yojimbo :sweat:.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Some details on the Seoul shoot March 30-April 14 and a tidbit about Kim Soo-hyun's character:
    Perhaps this facility could be a Stark Industries division with some cutting edge cybernetics that Ultron wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.