1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I do hope we see the two talking now. Inner-world scenes where Bruce and the Hulk are talking alone on a darkened sound stage would be nice ways to expand on their relationship.

2. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that there is another Incredible Hulk movie slated but the announcement would be a major spoiler for AOU (yes, Planet Hulk).

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe Grey Hulk is the mental projection of Hulk in Banner's mind?

4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Movie studios generally have to take time to hammer release dates down well beforehand. It was a big deal last year for instance when Marvel announced that they'd snagged a few more.

If Marvel had gotten another release date locked in for after the Age of Ultron then there would have been some news about it. Not even specifically a title or official announcement but someone in the industry would have mentioned if they'd booked a secret release.

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

This is true, they would've at least announced a mystery movie, with a date like they did with last year. I don't think FOX has yet to announce their mystery Marvel July 2018 film yet. They even added Deadpool and Gambit since announcing that.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Whedon comments some more - stuff like starting in media res, Ultron's power set, adding villains, Hank. I admit I chuckled when he brought up ASM3.

7. RoryWilliams

Well Spider-Man 3 (and X-Men 3) is pretty much a textbook case on why you shouldn't haphazardly cram in as many characters as possible without a decent plan.

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3 also had major issues due to executive meddling, same with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Of the studios wanting to put in more content and create more drama for the story feeling that the original script was not hitting the notes required. However it's pretty obvious Whedon has pretty much full control over the product so thus would be able to balance out things better. Plus he has a point on needing to have Ultron interact with someone else to explain his goals and wanting to put in the right amount of characters and still give them things to do and even on the use of Ultron's powers and who crafted him. And honestly the more I think about it, the weirder it is that Hank Pym, a scientist mostly known for his growth related devices and ant communication helmet would of create the ultimate robot destruction. It does seem more like a Tony Stark thing anyway. Plus again I think this gives more credence to on why Edgar Wright wound up having to split from Marvel: his ideals with the character and where he wanted to take Ant Man weren't going to work in the established Marvel Universe. And honestly at this point like 10 movies in you do have to really take that into more major consideration.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Pym works as Ultron's creator when you consider that he built the Ant-Man tech on his own, which is pretty advanced hardware, and the fact that most scientists in the Marvel Universe are experts in pretty much any field they need to be :sweat:.

MCU Tony makes more sense because it's been established he has experience with AI's through JARVIS, but that's pretty much an invention of the movie (at the time at least) as far as I'm aware. Heck, I'm still expecting that Pym will somehow tie-in to Ultron once we get into Ant-Man...

But at least Whedon, as a fan, had a tough time making the choice to not use Pym. I think that says a lot, in a positive way :).

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

With the Ant-Man Prelude #1, we now know Hank was a S.H.I.E.L.D. R&D Consultant in the last thralls of the Cold War. Imo, it's an open door to what he could have contributed during his dealings with the agency whether they be schematics or ideas that were co-opted for something else he didn't foresee.

11. RoryWilliams

New poster.

[​IMG]

Someone noticed that Idris Elba and Hayley Atwell are credited. Anthony Mackie is credited too, confirming Falcon is in the film in some capacity!

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not a bad poster, and at least we finally have another official image with Vision in it ;).

So I wonder if Peggy will factor into the flashback to Ultron's development or the vision Scarlet Witch induces in Cap? Or both :p?

I'm surprised that Rhodey and Sam weren't brought in for official Avengers membership, unless they both refused for their own reasons. Rhodey only missed the Battle of New York because he was busy with something else, and after Winter Soldier I would think Sam'd be a shoe-in for the team. Then again, Sam'll probably be a part of the new roster by the end of the movie, so I guess there's that :sweat:?

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sam probably doesn't see himself as a superhero and still only wants to help Steve find the Winter Soldier. Being on the Avengers isn't on his to-do list.

Rhodey, I can see maybe being a government liaison to the Avengers but his primary affiliation is still with the USAF.

True though, one or both may join by the end of the movie.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the idea of that poster, but IMO, some of the Photoshop isn't all that great for a professional poster. I would have loved to see a poster drawn by a really good comic artist.

I wasn't expecting Falcon, so that's neat.

15. RoryWilliams

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like we'll be getting some character posters. I always enjoy those.

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good character poster :).

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A trailer with Vision?

Ha, glad to see Pilgrim took time and explained what is canon and what is not.

19. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Has anyone noticed Danny Elfman is on that poster as providing 'additional music'? Why would they bring Elfman in just to help Brian Tyler out? Hmm...

20. RoryWilliams

Danny Elfman did the Spider-Man soundtrack so I've seen some people speculate that they could potentially have Spidey in a post-credits sequence, complete with a reprise of the original score.

EDIT:

Character poster #2.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.