1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

In Theaters May 1, 2015

Related Threads:
    -Avengers: Age of Ultron Pre-Release News & Discussion Part 1

Continued from Part 1,

Plus, there's a chance we'll be seeing Ultron going through a few 'evolutions' (I think that was already alluded to) so what we see might not even be its final form.

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I can imagine his "final" form will be the classic Ultron look with the open mouth. The teaser trailer had that face, so it'd be weird for it to not turn up in the movie at all.

Though considering that suit is just supposed to be for mo-cap, I don't think it's a very good indication of what Ultron will really look like in the movie.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

4. RoryWilliams

#4 RoryWilliams, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  5. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Does anyone else think that the 'Age of' title might have been chosen to prevent Fox from using the 'Age of Apocalypse' title for their upcoming 2016 X-Men film?

I know it's a long shot since 'Apocalypse' wasn't announced until months after 'Age of Ultron', but Marvel and Fox apparently don't have a very friendly relationship due to the latter having the X-Men film rights, so perhaps part of the reason 'Age of Ultron' was chosen was so that Marvel could get one over on Fox? They must've had their suspicions that Fox would use Apocalypse in an X-Men film eventually, surely.

Also, Quicksilver had been announced as appearing in 'Days of Future Past' before the 'Age of Ultron' title was announced, so I can see Marvel being mad at Fox about the Quicksilver issue (given that Quicksilver's appearance in Avengers 2 had been leaked first).

Then there's the fact that 'Age of Ultron' doesn't make much sense as a title, unless the Avengers are fighting Ultron across a very long period of time. Though I suppose there could be a line in the film by Ultron or Vision like, "This is the age of Ultron", to justify that title...

Well anyway, both 'Age of Ultron' and 'Apocalypse' will hopefully be great. Both villains are two of my favourite Marvel baddies, after all. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that Fox were this close to having a movie called 'Age of Apocalypse' (which may have been very fitting for the 2016 film, for all we know), only to have Marvel swoop in with 'Age of Ultron' so that Fox couldn't have 'Age of Apocalypse' without looking like they were copying Marvel.

6. RoryWilliams

I really doubt that. More than likely, it's because they recently had a big event of that name. I think Ed Brubaker even mentioned that a major problem with comic adaptations is it's VERY hard for new readers to follow them into the books afterwards, which is why Days of Future Past, Winter Soldier, and Age of Ultron will probably be the first movies to actually help raise sales since they're directly named after arcs that are currently in trade.

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm really liking Cap's new suit :).

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think the beef with FOX and MARVEL has to do with Feige versus Shuler-Donner more than anything. Both of them with Arad were getting this genre in motion for the past ten to fifteen years, but when Feige catapulted MARVEL Studio it pit them directly against each other. Feige has no longer been exec producer for the other studio MARVEL ips. To answer your question for AOU, nope. I think Michael Bay beat them with Transformers 4.

9. RoryWilliams

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice! I guess we definitely know his affiliation is.

Hmm, and that truck - U-Gin Genetics Infinite. I wonder if that's a front for a HYDRA cell.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not counting the "A" left on Stark Tower, I think this is the first time the Avengers logo has actually been used in the MCU.

12. RoryWilliams

#12 RoryWilliams, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I could see Banner/Hulk using his armor from the Marvel Now! Relaunch as his Avengers uniform.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Filming update: Chris Evans finished his work in Seoul and Mark Ruffalo is off to London for filming.

15. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Joss Whedon has the best job in the world, I hate him so much :D.

16. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Always kind of bugs me when superheroes keep getting new, slightly altered outfits with each movie, but I'm really digging Cap's new suit. I didn't have a problem with his Avengers suit like so many others seemed to, but this one looks great.

17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I'll keep an eye out for him. ;)

If you picture the line-up from the first film, but with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as well (as we've seen them pictured on-set), aren't Whedon and company taking a risk here, making many of the Avengers a bit... plain-looking? First there was Hawkeye's makeover (black rather than purple, without a mask) and Thor apparently ditching the helmet in his debut film. Now Wanda and Pietro appear looking more like civilians than superheroes. I suppose they could acquire costumes later in the film (or for Avengers 3) but let's assume for now that these are their only looks for Age of Ultron. Cap, Hulk and Iron Man are being outnumbered by teammates who look a bit more normal than they do. The image of the Avengers is kind of heading in that direction when there are so few masks/helmets and costumes. It's interesting.

Not hating on Age of Ultron at all though - I'm hoping it will be the best MCU movie, since it has Ultron and Scarlet Witch (and hopefully Vision, even if Feige won't confirm it)!

18. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Uh... what? Hasn't it been confirmed on several different sources that Paul Bettany who played Jarvis in the Iron Man movies and Avengers, will be playing Vision (who is in life action and the AI of Jarvis given his own metal suit I believe) who is going to be in Age of Ultron? Really that's pretty comic fact at this point.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Hawkeyes new costume at least has more noticeable purple in it than his Avengers costume :sweat:.

I also think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will get more proper costumes once they officially join the Avengers later in the movie :).

Can't wait to see what Thor's new costume looks like. Though ShadowStar has got me thinking... is he ever going to use that helmet again :p?

20. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

In this interview, Feige refuses to confirm it: Kevin Feige Interview: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Let's hope he's just playing coy and that Paul Bettany really is playing Vision, especially since I thought it was claimed by one or more journalists that he went for a fitting of his suit/costume.

He should, it would 'hammer home' that he's of very important lineage (pun intended).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.