1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, May 1, 2015.

?

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Discuss and Rate this Movie!

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

16.7%
  3. ****

8.3%
  4. ***1/2

8.3%
  5. ***

33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Kevin Feige already addressed this: http://screenrant.com/marvel-one-shots-kevin-feige/

It might be a while before we see any new shorts, if any. Maria Hill and Hawkeye seem like the perfect characters to receive more attention outside of their limited film roles. Plus, I'd take Hawkeye in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Sif any day. Black Widow would be a great guest character as well. We could see one of War Machine's missions (if they had the budget for that), or we could meet Kate Bishop with Hawkeye. No room to make a Netflix Moon Knight show; try a One-Shot. There are a ton of ideas as time goes by. We'll see if anything changes.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

For me, this usually happens when I get the Blu-Ray, but it appears Marvel is releasing some HD grabs from AOU. This one was when the Avengers went low tech and combed through S.H.I.E.L.D. paper files. There was a brief file of Klaue shown. There was a small paragraph on the file and here it is
    So yes, there appears to be historical bad blood between the Klaue and Panther family in the MCU.

It's interesting the file mentioned the Bilderberg conference. Basically, "annual private conference of 120 to 150 political leaders and experts from industry, finance, academia, and the media, established in 1954." This file implies T'Chaka went to the 2013 conference June 8-9 at Grove Hotel, Watford, United Kingdom (or the 2014 conference which was May 29-June 3 at the Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark). And he might have refused to negotiate for Vibranium. Which maybe means HYDRA and other parties were already trying to get into Wakanda after the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. and T'Chaka went to the conference to air his grievances. But this does seem to imply T'Chaka has already been killed. So if he does appear in the "Black Panther" movie, it would be a flashback unless this will be later deemed non-canon information that was written to fill up a file during AOU production.

Also very interesting that Howard Stark and his team were not the first to find Wakanda in 1940-ish after all. And here it's Klaue's great-grandfather tried to annex it in the 1800s when the age of imperialism was in full force.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #62 Yojimbo, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Active Member

I heard the Hong Kong bluray/dvd release is gonna be sometime in mid-September.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The supposed list of deleted scenes and special features.
    Lackluster as most of us figured. The Norn Cave will probably be the best of the deleted stuff. Might even have Loki's cameo. Infinite Six and movie commentary of course will probably shed some info.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe give us an idea where the last two Stones are...

6. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Yojimbo, it's very possible the movie opens with the fight between Black Panther and Klaue's great-grandfather. Then after the title sequence, the film goes to the 2013 or 2014 Bildeburg Conference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/10: Another cool easter egg. During Thor's vision, there were 3 people in animal masks. Nod to Angel's Big Bads - the demon trio - the Wolf, the Ram & the Hart.

And the TADASHI chip we see when Tony picks out FRIDAY was a nod to Big Hero Six apparently. Tadashi is the name of Hero Hamada's brother.

9/26: Looks like this is the whole "Norn Cave" deleted scene regarding Thor's vision.

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That probably couldve been a welcome scene to explain things about the stones. Oh well.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Interesting news. Carol Danvers wasn't the only new superhero who had her cameo cut, as at one point, they apparently wanted to introduce a whole bunch of new Avengers at the end.

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Its for the best they were cut. Like the guy said, introducing Carol out of the blue would have been awkward.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting. I wonder who might've been considered to appear there :)?

Then again, AoU definitely had enough going on that introducing multiple new heroes at the end would probably have been too much :eek:.

It's nice to know that we'll be seeing the Time and Soul Stones debut in Phase 3, though now that just leaves the question of where o_O.

It's cool to get insight on the creative process of the Marvel movies and how they collaborate with their creators. I know a lot of people complain about the formulaic nature of the MCU movies, but it seems that for the most part they let directors/writers put their own touch on the work even if the film has to achieve a certain goal or vision they have in mind for it for the overall MCU. I can see how that can be both a positive and a negative.

I love Spidey, and he's one of my favorite heroes, but was he really that different from other Marvel heroes at the time? I guess his situation as a teenaged kid in queens going to school like a normal teen while at the same time secretly being a masked vigilante operating in New York (and more publicly than, say, the Netflix heroes) is plenty different from the majority of the MCU. Then again, back in the day, everybody had a secret identity except the Fantastic Four :p.

Awesome that we'll see more connection with the shows and the movies, maybe having Coulson finally come back just to see The Avengers acknowledge his revival or Fisk popping up in the Spider-Man movie (this I would love to see :D). Sounds like Feige's finally watched Daredevil to boot ;).

Very interesting that the conflict between Cap and Iron Man is, in part, coming about because of the character development they've both received over the course of their arcs in the MCU. And nice to know Civil War is still a Cap story :cool:.

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I now wonder who the heck would have shown up besides her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A new slew of characters, hmm. Might make for a better ending for Infinity War Part 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Pulling characters out of a hat, Doctor Strange, Moncia Rambeau, Spider-Woman, Swordsman, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Black Kinght, Hercules,Wonder Man, Tigra, Doc Sampson, and Mantis!?

• Like Like x 1
  15. RoryWilliams

16. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

As if the whole thing was not confusing, but I do see their point. Honestly, Loki is just that good of a villian.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

There are sometimes when I honestly question how..smart some general audience members are. I know that Loki is a fan favorite, but why would anyone assume that he was responsible for Ultron? Of course, without having see the scene myself, I can't really comment. For all I know, it did accidentally hint that.

18. RoryWilliams

In defense of the test audience, Thor's subplot sounds like it was a mess in pretty much every iteration.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering how much was going on in the movie already, I guess I can't blame them for removing an element that made people even more confused about the plot :confused:.

The entire point of the Thor sub-plot was to explain the Infinity Stones to the Avengers and give Thor a reason to leave at the end, so they're not caught completely unawares or need too much exposition on it come Infinity War, so I think the scene as is kinda got that across for the most part?

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Honestly, it makes little sense that Thanos would give Loki an Infinity Stone without any sort of recompense. I mean Loki failed, and The Other promised retribution...that never came. I mean, isn't there a good chance that Loki knew it was an Infinity Stone?