1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers 4th Untitled Film" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

So big it has to be two parts!

[​IMG]

#1 MDawg, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Dat image.

As a Thanos fan, I approve very hard. Glad its a two-parter, don't want it to be rushed.

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't expecting that. Glad it is a two parter. I couldn't handle sitting in a theater for a movie longer than two hours.

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think they will push the running time limit to two and a half hour hours each. The After Credits scene in one will more than likely be a preview to part two. I figured in order to tell the full story this either had to be two parts or a like a six hour film.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet pic... I... I think I need a second to regain my composure :eek:.

But glad it's confirmed that we're finally getting the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in Avengers 3 parts one and two, and that we won't have to wait too long to see the Thanos storyline concluded :).

Though this does make me wonder how the Stone collection will progress for Phase 3 up until the Infinity War movie...

6. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

Sweet mercy!!
    I suspected them doing something like this eventually, but this was still very unexpected.

7. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Totally made the right call splitting this into two movies. There are a metric ton of characters to include and I can't imagine an even remotely satisfactory resolution in only two hours.

It feels like the climax of the entire MCU up until this point. Can't wait, this should be incredibly epic, and I'm glad we're not dragging Thanos into Phase Four or beyond.

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

9. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Autumn

Two movies that seem to be finales back to back like the Hunger Games, Divergent, or Twilight! Those movies did the same thing, back to back finales. Avengers rocks!

10. the greenman

I doubt they will hide spoilers if they shoot back-to-back. A two year gap is too long.

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

So today's big news is that Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the next two Avengers flicks. They were fine on Cap 2, and I don't think Whedon will be missed (too much) with these guys at the helm. Given how much Marvel is giving them to do, they'll certainly be leaving their mark on the MCU in the years to come...

12. RoryWilliams

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It must be weird filming scenes in 2016 for a film that won't come out until 2019 (well, part 2 anyway).

14. the greenman

The Wachowski's and Peter Jackson did so with their films. You basically film all at once, and seeing how most films are shot out of order, they can manipulate for spoiler threat. Even for the cast.

Btw, doesn't this news belong here:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/ente...release-discussion-spoilers.html#.VT8JOXrn8j0

Mod Note: Post #35-37 moved from MCU thread. Please use the Report Button next time to alert the staff quicker.

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

16. RoryWilliams

6/23: Spoiler TV is reporting that the Magus will be one of the villains of the movie.
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/mo...chobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1435094991

9/30: So Feige seems to indicate there will be an ending of sorts for certain parts of the MCU and that this may be the last time we see certain Avengers.

#16 RoryWilliams, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I expected Infinity War would be the big culmination of all the characters and concepts built-up from the beginning of Phase 1, so not surprised that seems to be the case.

As far as who we might see the last of...I think it would probably be the perfect opportunity for RDJ to finally step down as Iron Man, especially since that's seemed to be in the cards for a while, and it might be the perfect chance to "hand off the reins" as it were in the final movie, all the more fitting considering he kicked it all off :).

Evans seems like he's still down with continuing as Cap, though I'm not sure if that'll mean more Cap movies or just a continued presence in Avengers movies. Maybe a chance to direct a movie himself might factor into things :cool:.

I want to say Hemsworth would stay on as Thor, since there's still probably tons they can do with Asgard and the mythology of the Nine Realms beyond Ragnarok, but they might not necessarily need Thor to do it. I doubt there would be much issue keeping him around though ;).

I don't know about Hulk...they seem happy with Ruffalo, and he enjoys the role, but there's only so much they can do with him when he just appears in Avengers movies o_O.

I doubt we'd see the last of Widow, if only because people would then continue to complain about the lack of a Black Widow movie :p.

I think any of the New Avengers probably have more staying power compared to the original six, even if some of them debuted in early Phase 1/2, because of their "newness."

18. RoryWilliams

19. the greenman

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Ragnarok will get Hulk in space, allowing for Bruce/Hulk to get into crazy space adventures before he eventually reunites with The Avengers for the final fight with Thanos :cool:?