1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Aquabats

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by BeanoMaster, Jun 25, 2015.

1. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

Does anyone else like this band? My favourite album is Hi-Five Soup and my favorite song is Nerd Alert from Charge.

Their TV series was quite good as well.

2. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Their collaboration with Strong Bad is awesome and I'd have to say I haven't heard a song from them I don't like. Pool Party is an instant classic.

3. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The Aquabats are great. Their songs are like pizza and ice cream; even they range from the pretty good to the really good.

My favorite Aquabats songs include:

Fashion Zombies!
    Waterslides!
    Mechanical Ape!
    Pool Party!
    Radio Down!
    BFF!
    Super Rad!
    Nerd Alert!
    Meltdown!

The Aquabats Super Show was one of my favorites. I was genuinely upset when The Hub canceled it.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Some of the Aquabats' best songs are the little snippets of tunes that they've done on their former Hub show. (Fun fact: The Aquabats' Super Show! was originally going to feature concert footage of the band performing whole musical numbers on stage, but those segments had to be cut for time.) If the show gets resurrected somewhere (hopefully), maybe they'll get to put out an album with full versions of those songs. Front man Christian Jacobs (The MC Bat Commander) alluded to possibly doing that while the show was still running.

5. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

The MC Bat Commander said at SDCC 2014 that their main priority is to get the Super Show on a new network. Hopefully they will give some news this year.

But for now we have the Super Vlog they do. They also said that if their Youtube channel gets 20,000 subscribers, they will release a music video for a new song!

6. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

I'm reviving a thread here but I don't come here often anymore so yeah.

I got really into The Aquabats in late 2008, and saw them live that December. They're quite a fun band, never taking themselves seriously at all. My favorite songs of theirs range include "Martian Girl", "The Story of Nothing", "Lovers of Loving Love", "Super Rad", "Fashion Zombies", "Look at Me, I'm a Winner", "The Legend Is True", "Luck Dragon Lady" and the Charge!!! b-side, "Hi-Five City".