1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Angry Video Game Nerd" Talkback 7 (Warning: Adult Content)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Antiyonder, Mar 19, 2012.

1. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

It's the second Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde AVGN review come to life! I loved it.

#201 SB20xx, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  2. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

A trailer for that movie with commentary by epic voice guy from Honest Trailers is enough, don't see a reason for a full movie.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Crow, either film, original comic, or the remake version from Image, so I had no interest in watching the sequel to that movie, or play the game based on it.

Him complaining about the fixed camera angles in the game and their similarity to Resident Evil put in light one thing I hate about the fixed camera in the old RE games, they can be confusing and annoying. At least they made those work for the most part.

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Every day until Christmas, the Nerd will be tackling bad video game art. And there will be a new traditional AVGN this month.

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

5. Miyamoto Musashi

The game is not so bad, but the review hits plenty of its problems in a funny way.
    Wish he played the Playstation version, just to show the fall cutscene.
    "Stick to Mortal Kombat Annihilation" is a funny quote.

6. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I knew a kid back in elementary who loved that game. They had plans of making this a series of games but it's not hard to see why that didn't pan out. Game stunk.

7. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Yeah MKMSZ had a good story I got to say, but I agree its gameplay was irritating, I liked how he stated his experience of MK in the 90s.

8. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Did anybody buy AVGN X that came out last month? I did, and for those curious, I made a list of what's on it.

Bottom line: It's pretty epic, and worth buying if you've held off on AVGN DVDs until now.

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Cinemasscare has hit 2 million subscribers on YouTube (also, a new AVGN is coming soon!).

Good for him. I've been watching AVGN since discovering it in late 2006 and am still a fan, which I can't exactly claim for any other web video reviewers.

In other news, the second AVGN Adventures game is coming at the end of the month. I'll be buying it; I enjoyed the first game and this looks to add more stuff so it's not just the same thing again.

10. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

New AVGN: Mega Man games!

EDIT: It's interesting that Mega Man X5, of all things, is what drove the Nerd to temporarily quit the show. Some fans consider it the best of the PS1 MMX games (myself, I prefer X4).

• Like Like x 1
    #210 SB20xx, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  11. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

It only seems fitting that James review Mighty No. 9 when/if it ever shows up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

How many times can James do the "I'm done, I'm sick of this/I'm back!" storyline in these episodes? He does for every anniversary or milestone episode. That said, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was fantastic to see him in the old Nerd room, and the green screen effect of doing that was well done. I loved the callbacks, and the ending with Bugs was perfect. I'd say it's one of his better milestone episodes, though that storyline is getting stale.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great Video :D
    My favorite parts are the Megaman Legends scene with the dirty magazines and Angry Video Game Nerd beating up Bug Bunny XD

• Like Like x 1
  14. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Off the top of my head, the only other episode where the Nerd briefly quit was "Desert Bus". And I didn't mind because both episodes were executed differently.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I think Spideyzilla is also talking about general "I am tired of playing crappy games it really ticks me off" which we've seen a few times. Like in the AVGN Christmas Carol and Grinch parodies, in the ROB the Robot episode and even the movie had a twinge of that as well. And I admit that is an old gimmick especially since James doesn't produce many episodes now as a sort of a counter balance to that. Still this works not only in going through different Nerd moments all focusing on a specific character but honestly the AVGN handles ironically this subject material with a sublter touch then say Doug walker (BTW like the Nostalgia Critic line here which may be the character's first direct reference in the main AVGN episode line) and exploring much more obscure entries of Mega Man's lineage from the X games over reliance on dialogue to unplayable PC cuts and the like made for some good fun. I really do hope one day we get an episode like this on Sonic the Hedgehog games. Yeah the Wish list had James cover Shadow The Hedgehog but I'd like some of the more terrible of that 90's era Sonic games (like Sonic Labyrinth or even the "has some fun but also has a huge bevy of issues" Sonic 3D Blast) as that would really be worth exploring.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Buried under the recent fracas over his Ghostbusters Non-Review was this: James Vs. Paperboy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Holy poop, I just realized I've been watching the AVGN for the better part of a decade. Man I've been a fan of his for a long time! Still love him, his recent "Paper Boy" review was great.

18. Miyamoto Musashi

I didn't guess he'd hate this game.
    I personally never played it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

New AVGN for Halloween: Berenstain Bears!

No, the Nerd hasn't gone soft on us. Keep watching until the end.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Boy oh boy. Here it is. The last ever episode of Monster Madness. James has chosen to end it with Krampus.

It's a sad thing. I remember watching these early in the morning as a high school student. I then remember sitting in the college cafeteria, eating the terrible breakfast special and watching the days new episode in October. I'm really going to miss this series. Super thankful to James for providing it to us for the last ten years.