"The Angry Video Game Nerd" Talkback 7 (Warning: Adult Content)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Antiyonder, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord

Goin take you back to the past...

He has pens/markers in his pockets. He is armed with a Power Glove. He drinks the beer known as Rolling Rock. His profanity makes sailors seem like saints in comparison. He plays Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, The Virtual Boy. Even has The Atari (2600 and 5200).

He's James Rolfe/The Angry Video Game Nerd!

Note: To enjoy his videos, you need to keep in mind that his reviews are more of a satrical humor. Yes, some gripes about the game are geniune, that doesn't mean he outright hates the game.

Previous Talkback Thread:
    - [URL="http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?262369]Talkback 6[/url]

2. Antiyonder

3. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Shine Like Rainbows

4. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Good stuff. My favorite outtake was James struggling to get the Rolling Rock to fit inside the Atari 5200 system.

5. Antiyonder

That was good, but my favorite was playing Superman with the Power Glove. Oh and we have commentary for Fester's Quest: http://cinemassacre.com/2012/03/21/festers-quest-commentary/

6. Antiyonder

7. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

Darn, I was hoping to see the Nerd curse his way through the final level and boss.

8. Antiyonder

How fun is this? Bug's Bunny's Birthday Outtakes. It's a take out alright. Take out your... You get the message.:sweat:

His Friday The 13th commentary did have James mentioning how he produced his crap, but we get to see it this time.

9. Chaotix12345

10. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

The Sonic retrospective was great to watch. What he said about having to choose between Nintendo and Sega really hit home, since I was one of those kids. I never owned a Genesis, but I did get to play Sonic games at a cousin's house and a friend's house. So it's a good thing I was able to enjoy the Sonic games through the Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube, and I'm keeping Sonic Classic Collection for the DS.in mind.

Also, if he wants to review a bad Sonic game, he should go for Sonic Spinball.

By the way, was that an actual voice sample in that Simpsons Game Boy game?

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Big day for us, and a huge day for James. AVGN The Movie, his first feature film, started shooting today.
    http://cinemassacre.com/2012/04/02/avgn-movie-day-1/

I was kind of hoping in vain this would be shot on film. It seems that is not the case, but it's pretty amazing seeing the Nerd on the set. Looks like he got new glasses.

12. Chaotix12345

Awesome to hear that filming is finally under way. I hope everything goes well. :)

Nope. I believe that was actually from one of the NES games.

13. Storm Eagle

The only one I've ever played was Bart vs. the Space Mutants, and I'm not sure the "ay carumba!" came from that. Anyway, I knew that Game Boy Color games could do voice samples, but I didn't think that regular Game Boy games could.

14. Tash

Tash New Member

Pokemon Yellow is the most well-known example of a Gameboy game using a voice sample.

15. Storm Eagle

Then I've got to see how that sounds somehow.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Like he's chirping through a walkie-talkie from 50 miles away.

[video=youtube;AqeAAj6vc4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqeAAj6vc4k&feature=related[/video]

There's an old trick with these primitive 8-bit sound chips where if you make a clicking sound extremely fast, you can do it a thousand times a second and through that, play recorded sound on computers and handhelds that weren't built to do so. But it's rough-sounding.

17. Antiyonder

Another DVD Feature was uploaded to Cinemassacre, which is The Making of Crazy Castle.

For those wondering how the bunny pellets were made, the answer is revealed.

18. Tash

Tash New Member

That video makes it sound far worse than it actually did. Here's a better one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNV4P3DFPps

19. Antiyonder

20. Storm Eagle

So that's what voice samples sound like on Game Boy games eh? Yeah, not impressive at all.

That was interesting to watch. I'm glad he touched upon the second NES model lacking A/V jacks. Most people with an NES used the RF switch hookup method back in the day, but more people probably had TVs with A/V inputs around the time when the second model came out. That's definitely the method to use when you have a TV with those jacks. Even with a first model of the NES.