1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Angry Video Game Nerd" Talkback 6 (Warning: Extreme Adult Content)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Antiyonder, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

It's that time of the year again. Halloween is almost upon us once again, which means it's time for another Cinemassacre's Monster Madness! This year's marathon will focus on four legendary horror franchises and their sequels in-depth. It's a Sequel-A-Thon!

Speaking of Monster Madness, Board James plays the Monster Madness board game!

Mike quizzes James' monster knowledge with the World's Greatest Horror Quiz book.

Part 2!

James and Mike do a commentary on the unsung horror non-classic, Face of the Screaming Werewolf.

#461 Chaotix12345, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
  2. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

3. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

They're filming in LA and Philly but you have to audition in Chicago? How does that make sense?

Cause I could make LA or Philly happen potentially but I'm not moving to Chicago.

Maybe they'll do auditions in LA and Philly later and I hope they do.

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I think he was making a joke; he said "Between Los Angeles and Philadelphia," encapsulating the entire country.

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Well... that sounds about right.

Silly me.

6. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I absolutely LOVE Monster Madness; it (along with the Bogleech Halloween stuff) really makes October my favorite month. I watch every episode every year (each October 1st episode on the first and so on), and I was surprised by the amount of detail in this year's. Over ten minutes! Definitely makes me want to go watch Frankenstein, though.

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

This is a good approach to take the series this year: since he already reviewed the big named movies now not only is he going in depeth about them but actually covering all of their sequal and related fair and actually covering the movie more plot point by plot point instead of basic plot and trivia. still a lot of interesting bits though, espiecally in how he actually found a way to connect the humpback assistant in the original Frankenstein to Ygor from Son of Frankenstein, even if that was probably just a concidence.

8. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

"Dark Castle on C!! D!!!! IIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!" The "Saddam Was Here" bit was also good. Basic episode, but funny nonetheless. I'm loving Monster Madness. It's what I look forward to every October, and this one has not disappointed.

10. Clark1

Clark1 New Member

Nice discussion about The Angry Video Game Nero and also review, feel good
    to see that and hopefully i will play this game soon. :D

11. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

James discovers that Dracula Has Risen From the Grave.

James sees everyone Taste The Blood of Dracula.

James feels the Scars of Dracula.

James heads into the swingin' 70s to take a look at Dracula A.D. 1972.

James reads the Satanic Rites of Dracula when he takes on the Count's final Hammer film.

Are you ready for Freddy? James is, as he tackles the third series of his Sequel-A-Thon with A Nightmare on Elm Street.

James takes a look at Freddy's second coming in A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge.

James finds Freddy's skeletal remains when he takes a look at A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors.

James masters the dreamscape in A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 4: The Dream Master.

James takes a look into the backstory of Mr. Kreuger when he reviews A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child.

James ventures into the depths of hades when he takes a look at Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

James takes a walk into the real world when Freddy invades a film set. This is Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

James witnesses the clash of the slasher stars when the man behind the mask meets the man of your nightmares. This is Freddy Vs. Jason.

James starts off the final series of this year's Monster Madness, appropriately enough, John Carpenter's Halloween franchise.

James lives through Michael Myers' second tale and discovers the secret of Silver Shamrock in Halloween 2 & 3.

James encounters a revived killer when he takes on Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers.

James finds that Michael isn't one to die easily when he takes on Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers.

James endures Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers.

James witnesses the revenge of Laurie Strode when he takes a look at Halloween H20: 20 Years Later.

James is baffled when Michal Myers' franchise is resurrected once again. This is Halloween Resurrection.

James ends this year's Monster Madness with a look at Rob Zombie's Halloween remakes.

James and Mike take a look at some Horror Game Glitches.

#476 Chaotix12345, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  12. CantThinkOfaName

James has already raised over $160,000 for the AVGN movie. And there's still 2 months left to donate at the IndieGoGo website. I wouldn't be surprised if James reaches half a million bucks. This movie is going to be more epic than expected.

13. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Movies are expensive things, though. Digital cameras have advanced to a point where they can take some of the expense off, but post-production, producing film prints, distribution, etc......a lot of indie pictures cost well over a million dollars.

14. CantThinkOfaName

James said he only needed $79,000. He got more money than he expected. We've seen what James can do with very little money. So, I am excited to see what he can do with a decent budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.