The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by The Huntsman, Nov 14, 2009.

1. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

So the UK gets it a week before us?

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

In a manner of speaking. They get the world premiere, but then the show goes on hiatus until later in the year. The United States is the first to get the full series roll-out. At least based on my understanding.

3. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

To me this show looks like a cross-over between Fish Hooks and Dancing Sushi. Funny.

4. The Huntsman

One thing that I really like is the revelation that Nicole has anger issues. That adds something to her character beyond being the “responsible” one. When you click on her, you interrupt her conversation and she punches a hole in the door. :p

5. Painking

Painking Plant

Had to swap browsers to view that website (Opera has some issues websites made like that), but I like what I saw. The Watterson's definitely look like a fun bunch, even work-aholic Nicole. Maybe her attitude to winning will have her involved in any episode that involves a competition of sorts. I was also hoping for little character bios of Gumball's classmates, but ah well. Looking forward to this show even more now.

6. The Huntsman

7. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

8. Painking

Painking Plant

Looks better and better with each clip. I hope Anais, Nicole, and the dad rabbit (his name eludes me right now) each get a trailer where they're more prominent, especially dad rabbit; he's only appeared 1 video so far.

9. The Huntsman

If the trend continues, we should get something for Anais next week. Last week, Cartoon Network made a page for Gumball, and it uploaded two clips that featured Gumball prominently as well as several wallpapers. This week, they did the same for Darwin. I'm not sure if they will do that for Nicole and Richard as well, but I think it's safe to say that they will do it for Anais.

10. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

Darwin having cheekbones surprised me also! Who would have known!:D

11. CatChancey

CatChancey New Member

I really like the wallpapers with the sketches in the back. It shows how much detail and thought goes into every little expression and position to reflect the character's personality.

Even thought Problem Solverz is growing on me, this show just visually blows it out of the water.

12. The Huntsman

They ran the promo again right after Regular Show. It's nice that the promos have finally made it into prime time, and not right at the end of the block like it's been the past two weeks. We're only three weeks away from the premiere, so hopefully the promotional campaign picks up steam next week.

13. SuperMegaHyper

SuperMegaHyper ...I don't even know anymore.

The more I watch these clips the more excited for this show I'm getting. :anime:

14. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

15. ArgentDandelion

ArgentDandelion New Member

Indeed, they were. Darwin has a notable voice for how high and girl-like it is. It is hard to tell that he is a male at some parts of his speech. I like Gumball's voice, and their expressions, and their great animation, and the sound effects...the clips are enjoyable and the show probably will be too.

16. Fillet-O-Fish

Fillet-O-Fish New Member

Hoooooly craaaaaaaaaaaap, this looks amazing. I was already fairly excited for it, but out of bordeom I checked the character page on CN's website and wow was it amazing. Seeing all the characters up close, they're all so original and brimming with character! All the different styles and designs look fantastic. Seriously this looks like the most original thing Cartoon Network has ever produced ever. The amount of boys and girls even looks even! Barely any shows do that. Seriously, I cannot stress how good all the characters look.

17. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Man, I'm generally not one to fangirl over cute stuff, but that pink bunny Anais' voice is adorable!:anime: I hope all the kids' voices don't change too soon.:sweat:

18. Painking

Painking Plant

This.
    Anyone know how exactly to pronounce Anais?

19. The Huntsman

In one of the leaked clips, Darwin pronounced it a-nye-is.

20. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Anais isn't common, but it's a real name. (Not that anyone here said it wasn't.) Anais was Nicky Little's middle name on Pepper Ann.