The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by The Huntsman, Nov 14, 2009.

1. SammyT

SammyT I love animals and animation.

The more I learn about this show the more excited I get.
    It just seems completely insane. And that is a good thing.

2. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

If you wear 3D glasses Carrie pops out from the screen!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
  3. c@rt00nguy26

c@rt00nguy26 New Member

My, what a diverse cast of characters... :sweat:

4. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

This show is going to be awesome! Saw a preview of it on youtube today, looks very nice.

5. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I am hoping that Cartoon Network will start to promote the series before much longer. They only started advertising Problem Solverz a week before its premiere, but The Looney Tunes Show is already being advertised over a month before it premieres. It doesn’t look like they’re in a hurry to promote Gumball, but I would be happy with – at least – two weeks of promotion. I’m concerned on a number of levels. Its second season was primarily a European decision. I’m still not sure how dedicated our Cartoon Network is to its success; the after party and the upfront were good signs, but the 7:30 PM timeslot has me weary. I don’t think most people even tune in until 8:00 PM, so Gumball has a difficult road ahead of it. At least the editor of mipblog thinks that the series will be a huge success, but he started that article by saying he’s not very good at predicting things… and then goes on to say, essentially, that he’s seen less of the series than I have. Why make a prediction at all under such circumstances? I know the author of that blog has more experience than he gives on, being the editor of the official blog for MIPCOM and its related events, so hopefully his prediction turns out to be true.

6. chdr

chdr New Member

Considering both MAD and Regular Show only had less than a month of promotion and still did well, I'm sure they'll be able to put in the right amount of ads (and while Problem Solverz was only advertised a few weeks before the premiere, ads for the show are everywhere so I guess that evens it out). While we usually don't get the ratings for 7pm, Scooby-Doo and Johnny Test usually do really well at that hour, sometimes getting higher numbers than Adventure Time.

7. The Huntsman

These are the voice actors, at least for Gumball and his family. Frankly, I’ve never heard of these people before this series. Granted, only the three children are voiced by US talent, with the rest of the characters being voiced by talent from the UK, but it’s still unusual for them to cast three non-traditional voice actors. I think it will turn out alright, as based on what little I’ve seen, the children sound solid. I hope that Cartoon Network will get the site up soon.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I really haven't heard enough of the kids to judge, but they sounded OK, based on what little I have heard. Sometimes hiring non-traditional voice actors can work in a show's favor, provided the actors are talented and possess the right sound.

I haven't seen any animated clips featuring the parents yet, so I have no idea what they sound like, only the voices that I've assigned them in my head. Since only Gumball, Darwin and Anais will be voiced by American actors, it'll be interesting hear how the other characters sound in relation to them.

9. The Huntsman

Neil Myers updated his website and a second orchestral piece for the series can be heard. Cartoon Network is also still working on the website, uploading more images, so hopefully it goes up soon with some new clips.

10. Nobody²

Nobody² New Member

11. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

12. The Huntsman

I’m not sure what those are supposed to be. They look nice, although Nicole does disappointingly little compared to the other characters. I don’t think these are enough to get people talking about the show, however. They need to upload a decent amount of clips, like what happened with The Looney Tunes Show.

13. The Matrix

The Matrix New Member

Thanks for keeping us updated - this one looks like a hit, provided CN promotes it well enough. I'm impressed by the mixed-media style especially. This and that wretched "Problem Solverz" show are like night and day.

14. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

15. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

They are almost done adding pictures for the website. They need a background still, I believe. It might be added tomorrow, if not, I'll be sure it'll be added next Monday.

16. The Huntsman

They already uploaded the background. I don’t have the link, but I saw it. The whole website is changing and those wide backgrounds, like The Looney Tunes Show has, are the new standard. It confirmed that the series will be rated – if I remember correctly – TV Y7 FV. After the recent barrage of PG rated shows, I think the lower rating will be a welcome change of pace. As I mentioned earlier, there is supposed to be a decent amount of made-for-online content, meant to promote the show. Hopefully that stuff goes up this week.

17. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

The new backgrounds being 1600x300, right? Thanks for the details. Yeah, I expect it to be up by this week now that they have the video picture and showpicker added on Friday. I expect promos for the show to start airing sometime next week too.

18. Nobody²

Nobody² New Member

19. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

20. The Huntsman

The website is up; they only have one new clip up at the moment, but I really like it. It has Gumball introducing himself. Hopefully there are more like that for the other key characters.