"The Amazing Spiez!" - Series Talkback

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by ToonFaithful, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 015: Operation Chameleon Leon

Premieres: April 26th at 7:30am and 5:00pm Eastern
    Repeats: Soon to be

Here is the first week(4/26-4/30):

Monday - "Operation Chameleon Leon"
    Tuesday - "Operation WOOCSI"
    Wednesday - "Operation Grow Up"
    Thursday - "Operation Buzz Off"
    Friday - "Operation Crabby Bob"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  2. gotpika

gotpika New Member

Well I woke up 1 hour before I have to go to school to watch "The Amazing Spiez". At the beginning of the episode. Megan was being messed with by Mandy type characters. Apparently there already spies. They have animeish features like little noses, big eyes, and stuff. Tony, Lee, Megan, and Marc dress in awesome spy suits. They seem to rely more on hand-to-hand physical contact while fighting. There all in Middle School wow just like me something I can relate to :) . TAS should stay at this morning slot since I can catch it fully. I also saw a promo at the bottom of the screen saying "The Amazing Spiez on a 5PM today." thank goodness I though it was over for 6teen close call. WHOOP able to suck the spies up through a glass of water wow. They sucked up the wrong girl but, spat her out.

Episode 1 and they have there own freak enemy. Tony beating the enemy via freeze ray wasn't awesome but hey it's the first episode.Seeing Megan stick it to that Mansdy clone and her crew was nice.

3. chdr

chdr New Member

6teen is still gone. The Garfield Show's in that slot now.

4. gotpika

gotpika New Member

It seems strange that marathon a french cartoon company would make two spy cartoons(The Amazing Spiez and Totally Spies) both set in America the irony of it is in the first episode of The Amazing Spiez Megan and Tony visit Paris, France

6TEEN thats not awesome.

It's good to watch a spy series without seeing Gay looking villians every episode.

5. chdr

chdr New Member

While I don't really enjoy this series as much as Totally Spies, I really love that art style.

6. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocks™

^Yeah, this series is alright but I enjoyed Totally Spies more. And yes, the art style is great, it has that comic/manga style.

I guess we'll be seeing more of the chameleon.

7. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

I do like the comic/manga/anime art style they're using on this show, but they should have aired it in the original letterbox format. The way it's been cropped makes it a bit busy for the small screen.

So CN just moved one episode of Garfield to 6:30 pm to make room for TS!. Not a good decision--it's not as good a lead-in to TDI as 6teen is. Not sure why CN likes Garfield so much. It's been on for quite a while.

8. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

Garfield has way too many airings for the small episode count it has. At least 6teen has quite a bit of episodes. I think 6teen should still air in reruns because they never even finished airing Season 3 reruns yet. There are some episodes that I haven't seen in forever that are in Season 3.

9. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

Not to mention the numerous unaired episodes from Seasons 1-3. From reading the synopses (and a few unaired episodes I have seen), some of them may be the best episodes of the entire series. I'm particularly disappointed that CN hasn't aired the hour-long special episode "Snow Job" which
    I can only hope the reruns have gotten pretty good ratings the last few weeks (as well as the Monday premiere eps) so that CN will consider putting a rerun slot back on the schedule soon.

10. gotpika

gotpika New Member

Oh good forbid CN has a "Spy Day" I can only imagine them airing "The Amazing Spiez" and "Totally Spiez" with "Spy Kids" the Johnny Test episode where Johnny is a spy chowder when mung and the othes become spys to save shnitzel from endive.

11. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

They never usually release weekday rerun ratings info, but according to recent press releases, 6teen had solid ratings and improved in ratings compared to the same time period last year. In last year's ratings releases, 6teen was doing really well, it was beating Chowder. So if 6teen was doing well then, it is doing well now, according to the press release. Anyways, The Amazing Spiez! is a pretty good show. I personally think it won't last on CN though, it just seems like it and Totally Spies! are being burned through.

12. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Garfield is pretty much a cash cow franchise.

I was able to catch some of this earlier, pretty good, the art style is definitely great.

I can see this doing pretty well and spawning a bunch of merchandise.

13. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

I just checked Wikipedia and I discovered something: TOON is not airing the show from the beginning.

I want to watch this show, but until they air the REAL first episodes (along with all the other pre-"Chameleon Leon" episodes), I'm going to have to stop at this point.

I repeat, it's a show I do want to watch, but only once they start from the actual beginning.

14. gotpika

gotpika New Member

Damn, CN isn't airing the episode from the beginning I knew something was strange about it. Well it seems in this ep Marc is being a sparty pants and being a better spy then them and their made. Something tells me that purple lady is behind it. When the Amazing Spiez go spy I can' help but, be impressed nice job. But, CN realy does suck for airing eps outta order what do they think this is 6teen?

CN skipped all the way aired 13, airing 15 gonna air 16,17,19. They sure like playing hop skotch with cartoons. idiots.

15. Cassie Star

Cassie Star New Member

Unless there's continuity (which this has none of), the episode order shouldn't matter.

16. gotpika

gotpika New Member

I just checked wikipedia episode guide for TAS it should'nt matter they air episodes outta or order cause they don't have contuinity with each other plus the first episode isn't even a introduction to them being spiez it's a normal mission the only episode they have to wait to air are 22 and above since something happens in this ep problem with 6teen is people are dating all the time, there getting new jobs, and doing different things so continunity would be a problem.

Back to descution that woocsi lady is crazy

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

The only thing you can ask for it is for them to air episode 1 -21 first, before they air episode 22 -24, that is a big three parter.

Maybe because of the characters ages, the number of main characters, it is a mix gender cast, it reminds me more of Monsters Busters Club than Totally Spies.

Speaking of which, I don't know about the proudction suggestion, when they started this show production on the other show might have been over, but I thought it would have been cool if they did a crossover with MBC. I love to see all those characters.

18. Daxdiv

Daxdiv The Fool!

I was able to see an episode of Amazing Spies today before leaving for school. I'll admit that the art style itself was pretty sweet, I kind of like the comic book/manga feel that the characters have. Feels like they're jumping out of a comic book, especially with that white outline. I do like the characters in TAS, but not more than what I've seen of TS. I might give this series some more time to develop a like or dislike, but so far I am leaning towards like.

19. gotpika

gotpika New Member

Operation Grow Up-TAS is getting better Tonys age being sped up is nice a new idea.The secene when the Amazing Spiez jump together all together when they get there spiez suits on is a nice touch. Nice to see them use those gagets right.

20. Cassie Star

Cassie Star New Member

OK, I was finally able to see part of an episode yesterday, and I have to say I love the art style.

I'd have to catch a full episode to judge better. Only complaint so far is with the show name. The spelling puts me off.