"The Amazing Spider-Man" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by wonderfly, Nov 10, 2010.

?

Rate and Comment on This Series!

1. *****

28.6%
  2. ****1/2

28.6%
  3. ****

28.6%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

14.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wonderfly

wonderfly 30 Years since Vampire Hunter D!

Welcome to the "Amazing Spider-Man" Comic Book thread!

[​IMG]

Here, you can discuss all things related to the "Amazing Spider-Man" ongoing series!

In this thread, you can:

1. Discuss the latest issues, as they come out.

2. Post links and discuss online previews for upcoming issues of the title.

3. Post links and discuss news stories and interviews with creators of the comic book.

4. Discuss "classic" story arcs and past moments in this history of this comic book.

5. Spoilers for upcoming issues not yet released must be put in 'spoiler space.'

Mod Note: We will no longer do talkback threads for individual story arcs or single issues, though if a certain individual issue or story arc warrants enough discussion, it may be split off into it's own thread. Previous story arc talkbacks can still be found in the Comic Book Talkback Archives.

Though the focus is on newer material, "classic" or previous storyline discussion is welcome either here, or in an already existing talkback thread found in the Archives (if one exists).

Let the discussion begin!!!

2. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new era of adventure begins for Spider-Man with "Big Time!"

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #648

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

WRITER: DAN SLOTT, EDWARD PAUL TOBIN
    PENCILS: CLAYTON A. HENRY, HUMBERTO RAMOS

THE STORY:
    Big Time begins! Big changes are happening for the Amazing Spider-Man: Bigger threats, bigger guest-stars, and a big opportunity that could turn Peter Parker's life around! Which cast members are staying and who's saying goodbye? Find out as we're introduced to new characters and reintroduced to a number of Spidey villains as they make the triumphant return to the book! Plus: New developments for Mayor J. Jonah Jameson, the staff at Front Line, and The Sinister Six! The next chapter in Spider-Man history starts here! Guest starring The Avengers and the Fantastic Four in a giant-sized, 39 page lead feature! Plus an All-New Adventure featuring the All-New Spider-Girl!

Comments?

3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

I really enjoyed the first issue of Big Time. I have been very skeptical of the Spider-Man comics since Brand New Day and have been off and on them since it began but I think they may have just won me back as a regular reader. Sure there were a couple lines here or there that seemed like jabs to long-time readers but I actually really enjoyed what I read. It felt kind of like classic Spider-Man. I big surprise and really fun.

4. James Harvey

"Big Time" continues!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #649

[​IMG]

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    PENCILS: HUMBERTO RAMOS

THE STORY:
    THE HOBGOBLIN'S BACK! You wanted him, you got him! And he-s ready to hit the big time too - with a whole new bag of tricks! Who's under the mask this time? Is it Roderick Kingsley, Jason Macendale, or somebody else? Ready for another long, unfolding mystery with months of clues, red herrings, and shocking twists? Well tough! We're showing you who he is in this issue! Plus: What's wrong with Mac Gargan? More trouble for Norah Winters. And Peter Parker makes good on a promise that goes back to AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1! Guest-starring the Black Cat!

Comments?

5. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

So,

Huh.

6. wonderfly

wonderfly 30 Years since Vampire Hunter D!

Really?!?

By the way, spoiler tags are not required, as this is the official talkback thread (meant for people to post in after they've read the issue)...but with the issue just coming out today, I figure spoiler tags can stay in place for a day or two, just to make sure people aren't caught off guard...

7. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

I'll second that "really?!". Really?! I don't usually read Spider-Man, and usually love Slott's work, and I have to say...I really hope there's more going on here than is immediately apparent.

8. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

They killed of Kingsley.... WHY!!??, no!, if they werent going to use him they shouldve just left him in the Caribbean, bringing him back just to kill him off immediately is a complete waste of perfectly good character.

9. M.O.D.O.K.

Now that I have read the issue, I noticed they left it rather ambiguous. The Hobgoblin's mask is never removed, not to mention that they only refer to him as "Kingsley". And considering he has a twin brother named Daniel...

10. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

It's really nice to see Peter having a job worthy of his talents, I hope he doesn't end up on the road like every other time before this one
    I back you up 100%

Now that BND is officially over (for the third time in a row I guess), I'll start a marathon reading every issue from the 102 ASM issues released in that time
    Sattelite issues don't matter

11. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

They seem to be really heavily and obviously implying it's Phil because he has the sonic laugh. Too heavily and obviously, which makes me hope there is a twist in there somewhere.

12. Miyamoto Musashi

He is does share the same exterior looks and acquaintance of the guy Ben Urich branded as his nephew Phil, and he did say Uncle Ben in this issue
    Something like that?

13. Shawn Hopkins

14. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Wow that's ugly. Why is he wearing new threads? In 1993 it was the 100th issue of Web of Spider Man comic so at least it was a celebrating something. What's the point of this one though?

15. James Harvey

Introducing the first of many new costumes for Spider-Man!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #650

[​IMG]

THE STORY:
    To face off against an amped-up Hobgoblin, you need an amped-up Spider-Man! What's the story behind Spidey's new suit? What is it and what can it do? Meanwhile, MACH 5 (from The Thunderbolts) faces off against one of Spidey's deadliest foes! All this, and a secret side mission for the Black Cat. Plus an additional 8 page story: We showed you who was behind the Hobgoblin's mask last issue. But what were they up to before their startling return? Here's where you find out!

Comments?

Reposted due to recent forum outages.

16. Miyamoto Musashi

More durability, camouflage, no spyware incorporated, no noise
    The suit doesn't look all awesome, at least it looks good, considering it ugly is over the top, and nothing different is jumping the shark

17. James Harvey

The Hobgoblin is back...though running a bit behind schedule!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #651

[​IMG]

THE STORY:
    The Hobgoblin's fight for power continues! Which side will Spider-Man and the Black Cat be on... and why? Also: a surprise for Aunt May, and the Spidey versus Kingpin rematch you've been dying to see! Included in this issue: an 8 page story featuring the return of Mac Gargan... as The Scorpion!

Comments?

18. Shawn Hopkins

Yay, snap back to the status quo! It's the comic fans favorite thing, you know.

19. M.O.D.O.K.

At least Gargan didn't make shady deals to get his suit back.

20. James Harvey

A new story-arc begins!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #652

[​IMG]

PENCILS: STEFANO CASELLI

THE STORY:
    "Revenge of the Spider-Slayer, Part 1 of 3 - “Army of Insects.” The Scorpion was just the beginning! Alistair Smythe, The Spider-Slayer, has returned, and Mac Gargan isn’t the only subject he’s upgraded. The Spider-Slayer is about to unleash an entire Insect Army on Spider-Man’s world! And as part of his ultimate revenge, Smythe is out turn one of Spidey’s first ever victories into one of his biggest losses. Everyone is at risk. Big changes are coming! Don’t you dare miss an issue! All this, plus an all-new story showing a hidden side of Mac Gargan’s past!

Comments?