"The Amazing Spider-Man" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by James Harvey, Jan 26, 2011.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Discuss the upcoming 3D The Amazing Spider-Man feature film directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker! The film is slated for a July 2012 release from Sony Pictures Entertainment.

[​IMG]

Synopsis: One of the world's most popular characters is back on the big screen as a new chapter in the Spider-Man legacy is revealed in The Amazing Spider-Man. Focusing on an untold story that tells a different side of the Peter Parker story, the new film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach are producing the film in association with Marvel Entertainment for Columbia Pictures, which will open in theaters everywhere in 3D on July 3, 2012.

The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Stone), and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.

Checkout the newest posts for the latest developments and updates!

Previous discussions installments:
    Upcoming "Spider-Man" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3
    Upcoming "Spider-Man" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2
    Upcoming "Spider-Man" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion, Part 1

Discuss!

2. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

3. langden alger

langden alger New Member

I wouldn't mind the suit that much if it didn't have the blue fingertips and the silver tips on the boots. The mask looks good, but I'm not liking how you can faintly see his eyes underneath. At least it looks kind of that way. Maybe another thing that's fixed in post-production.

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Like I mentioned in the other thread, the silver things on the feet look more like a piece of equipment to allow the person in the suit to run around while filming, when the feet will be out of frame. It's tough to run good when you're barefoot or even just in socks, so it's probably just a support piece. They do clash with the rest of the suit, so that's what leads me to believe they are just for filming. (Sort of like how that one pic of Chris Evans from Captain America showed him wearing fake feet while he's supposed to be running barefoot.)

Otherwise, I like the look of the costume, and dare I say it actually reminds me more of the comic book costume than the Raimi suit does.

5. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

I like the mask a lot, but I still don't like the rest of the costume a whole lot, especially the blue parts.

6. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

With all the recent pics of the new Spidey suit i'm kinda liking more of course i'm still not convince in the belt area and feet but liking it more from the other previous pics.

7. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I agree that it looks more like the classic comic Spider-Man, and I like that, but I'm not too fond of those blue fingertips.

8. AerostarMonk

AerostarMonk New Member

9. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Well, the costume pretty much stands revealed in these shots. There are things i like about it, but it just looks wrong in the crotch and hips area. There needs to be something horizontal there to avoid the big hips and "hey, look at my package" effect. Also, the metal things on the feet really look like a major part of the costume, there's a huge nozzle for the web shooters, and the eyepieces are dark like on the old live-action Spider-Man TV show from the 80s with Nick Hammond.

http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/andr...ndrew-garfield-films-spider-man-in-costume-8/

10. underdog

underdog New Member

Wow, some of those celebuzz photos look disturbing...

Anyone want to play caption-contest?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Yeah, those aren't very flattering shots.

I have to wonder how these scenes are all going to look when we start seeing trailers or official shots...

12. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ New Member

What the... is that actually going to be in the movie? Cause that is easily one of the most disturbing things I have seen in a long time. And the worst part is, I don't think it was intended to be. :ack:

13. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

14. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

That's funny.

He needs a belt to seperate his waist from his hips.

And do they really think by blackening his crotch that it will make it less noticable or something? He looks like he's dirty there for some ungodly reason.

15. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Nice.:D Add the 1960's theme song to that, and you're all set. Good job.

16. suss2it

suss2it New Member

:D That's hilarious.
    I don't think the blackness will be there after post-production. If it is, Sony has very poor quality control.

17. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

18. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I'm not too crazy about the new suit. The one in the last set of movies was miles better. I just hope that the trailer looks good because so far I'm not impressed.

19. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

20. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality to say this. "Nice Butt, Spidey!"

[​IMG]

Everything I've seen so far on this has looked campy and ridiculous. Getting a real Batman Forever vibe.