1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Amazing Spider-Man (2015 Ongoing)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Oct 7, 2015.

?

The Amazing Spider-Man - Rate and Comment!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Peter Parker ... the new Tony Stark of the Marvel Universe?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

[​IMG]

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Spider-Man has gone global! Parker Industries is more successful than ever, with offices in New York, Shanghai, London and San Francisco and Peter Parker is racking up the frequent flyer miles with his “bodyguard” Spider-Man in tow, of course. But success breeds enemies and a reinvigorated Zodiac have also widened their scope to threaten the whole world. Join Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli as they take Spider-Man to the next level! This huge first issue also includes stories featuring Silk, Spidey 2099, Spider-Woman and much more!

Discuss this series right here in this thread! Comments?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

While I won't be following this book monthly, as the whole Marvel reboot has kind of made me tired of the company as a whole at the moment, I might keep up with Amazing through the trades. I did pick up this issue and while the premise seems interesting it just seems to play off like a riff on Batman Inc. The only part of the issue that really grabbed my attention was the finale and the return of Doc Ock. That was a great twist and a jaw dropper but it wasn't enough to really get me charged up for the rest of the book. However the wedding scene was a nice character moment for a lot of the new-ish supporting cast.