1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Amazing Spider-Man (2014 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Apr 30, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Comic Book!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The showdown every single Spidey fan has been waiting for!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: OLIVIER COIPEL

-AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VS. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!
    -The Spider-Army doesn't have time for this squabbling as the Inheritors tighten their noose.

Comments?

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Not a bad issue tho there where some stuff i didn't like for example the obvious where Peter looks more like Andrew Garfield which annoyed me. The fight between Spock and Spider Prime was short but it's obvious they have other matters to worry about and we see they agree to work together.

It was obvious that Cosmic Spider gets killed by Morlun's dad tho i felt it was bit quick taking down the Spiders strongest ally, not to mention Karn had too little in this issue where you think he might get some screen time but not much. We see that Baby Ben(May's baby brother) is the Scion and see if he doesn't get killed by Morlun or at least someone save him at the end, May hasn't shown alot of action also the way she was trying to escape by walking wasn't the best move of her life.

Sad to see Cosmic Spider and Monkey gone, hope the next issue they finally show some hope for the Spiders to have some advantage against Morlun's family.

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

So the Scion is baby Ben. Given what's happened to most of the MC2 characters I can't see this ending well for him. Great twist, though.

4. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

True tho they are not in the MC2 universe so anything can happen, it's like with Miles as we seen on the Ultimate universe anyone can die.

5. James Harvey

Will the last-page reveal change everything?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12

[​IMG]

-THE FIRST HUGE BATTLE! Wait, if the first fights were just skirmishes, this can’t mean anything good for the Spiders.
    -Miles Morales shows his stuff! Silk finds something valuable on her run!
    -Meet the most surprising Spider-Character yet!

Comments?

6. Wonder Woman

That last page reveal of Uncle Ben definitely wasn't the big "internet-breaking" event that a certain rumor site reported it would be. An interesting ending, sure, but definitely not as big since it is obvious this Ben is from an alternate universe.

7. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Is it confirmed that (perhaps BOTH) cinematic Spider-Mans will be in "Spider-Verse" or was that just a rumor?

8. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

That was a full on rumor, they can't use any Sony owned characters at all including the Spectacular Spiderman.

9. Wonder Woman

Actually the movie Spider-Men kind of make an appearance as does a married Spider-Man in the new Spider-Verse comic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scans_daily | Spider-Verse #2

10. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

That makes it obvious "Renew Your Vows" is a different universe and not a fix for Quesada's mess. Just what I was expecting, honestly.

11. James Harvey

The battle intensifies! Major revelations unveiled!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13
    [​IMG]

-Every Spider-Man ever must fight! No one is safe!

Comments?

12. Wonder Woman

A bit of a clunky and slow issue here. It seems like this arc is starting to drag on just a little bit longer than it should. It's still good but it also feels like it should be moving a bit faster. And I know this is no fault of Slott but it seems like the high-stakes of this arc are kinda deflated a bit with the big announcements that Marvel made where this Marvel Universe is effectively ending. Granted that could leave Slott open to do some really crazy things with the last few parts of the story if he wants I hope.

13. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Kinda of off topic but not really.

Does anybody here redeem their codes inside the book to get the digital version of the issue?

I'm tempted to do it because I like the idea of the comic being available on the go on my phone. But I also don't wanna hurt the value of the comic either.

14. James Harvey

The finale of "Spider-Verse!" Caution all ye who enter!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14
    [​IMG]

-The Prophecy is coming to fruition but Superior Spider-Man has something up his sleeve.

Comments?

15. Wonder Woman

A fine conclusion, but a bit rushed. It felt like this event lost a bit of energy toward the end. There were a few nice moments, and Spider-Ham really got to shine but alot of it was really jumbled since there was so much going on. Master Weaver's death was a surprise and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaine take over. I know they also said Kaine is did but isn't this about the 4th or so time he died? This issue really should have been bigger. An extra ten pages really would've helped. I get we have the epilogue next month but it still could've been a bit more. After all the build-up the finale just find of peters out. I doesn't top "Spider-Island" which is my favorite Slott event I think.

16. Sonic_Eclipse

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in the mail. -_-

Does anyone else here who has a subscription have to wait this long? I'm always reading these a month late. And they're damaged a lot of the time.

17. Fett One

Fett One Jedi Hunter

I have the same issue with my subscriptions. I'm glad to hear it isn't just me having this issue. They really need to do something about getting the comics sent out in a more timely manner.

18. Sonic_Eclipse

It's rediculous man. For some reason back when I was younger, my mom had People Magazine subscription, and I remember her getting the newest issue before it was even in stores yet. I would think it should work more or less the same with this, but I guess not.

19. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

The finale was so so and like Spider-Man mentions it felt kinda rushed. Some of the plot didn't make much sense(why The Inheritors but especially the Father wanted to exterminate every Spider totem there is). The fights where good but expected more especially when we saw how some of the Spiders like Spider Ham vs. the Twins, Spider-Girl vs. Daemos and Ultimate Spider-Man(Miles) vs. Verna was kinda hinting that yet we didn't get much of it which was such a waste.

I didn't like the writing they gave on Spider-Girl who she was fulled of vengeance and how every Spider she sees is just a fake and only thinking of killing Daemos yet we see without much effort she decides to let him live. The fight between Morlun and Spider-Man prime had too much hype into it, for one they didn't show Morlun being afraid to Spider-man prime since he's the one who killed him yet these issues Morlun was just calmed and angry since prime spoiled his plans yet no reason why.

Also what they made much hype to it was Karn, it felt like he was going to play a key role in the story and probably revealing to everyone as another Peter Parker from that dimension yet nothing and Anya just convince him that his family treats him as garbage "so join the right side for once" and he agreed, at least he could have shown some nice fights yet just like the ones i mention was very disappointed. Also what was disappointed is how they got rid of Kaine without showing something worth from him even tho he killed Solus you expect Kaine participates in the final battle and helping his brother.

Overall not the best story especially when you have something big as Spider-Verse where you can meet all these different spider-man/woman/animal/other but i do feel they wasted it and probably should have thought of this a bit further of how they would've handle it. Can't say it was the worst since it did had some good moments but still can't top on other stories like Spider-Island.

There will be an epilogue, i know it's too much to ask that everything is back to normal and the ones who died are alive but i do hope that Kaine is alive also Spider-Girl and her brother have a happy ending at least.

20. James Harvey

"Spider-Verse" Epilogue!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15

[​IMG]

-See the fallout of Spider-Verse and what it means to Peter Parker and the rest of the Spiders!

Comments?