"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" Video Game Pre-Release Discussions (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Oct 13, 2013.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Announced in this weekend's New York Comic-Con is the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man 2. Coming to current and next gen systems.

source
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/12/amazing-spider-man-2-game-announced-current-next-gen-consoles/

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Apparently the story revolves around Spider-Man searching for his Uncle's killer.

I am glad this has finally been announced, I thought we might end up not getting a game like they did for The Wolverine.

They have refined the web slinging and combat and webs now need to attach themselves to buildings rather than thin air.

3. River26

River26 Active Member

I'm also glad they decided to keep the open world intact like with the past game. Rather than the linear-based Spider-Man.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Agh, and I still need to get Edge of Time and Amazing Spider-Man 1.

5. Stu

I wouldn't bother with Edge of Time. The Amazing game is pretty decent though.

6. Stu

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

Gage is generally a good writer and has written plenty of Spidey comics, so I'm not worried there.

I'd play Edge of Time Gold Guy, if only for the story and dialogue. Then again, I thought it was pretty fun when I played it so you might too :sweat:.

I wonder how much these games are going to continue playing off the movie continuity when there's already starting to be inconsistencies between them, like with Rhino. I think Beenox is better off just making these "Amazing" games into their own version of the "Arkham" Franchise and just going from there.

It wasn't specified whether this takes place after Amazing Spider-Man 2 right? So I wonder if Electro will actually show up...

8. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Beenox said on their twitter account webs won't hang in the air
    What Stu said
    Even if you love the comic book series Spider-Man 2099, all you need is to watch the full walkthrough of Edge of Time on youtube to know the untold detail about the silhouette CEO of Alchemax

Is that the guy who wrote the Avengers Academy guest appearance? That story is good

9. Stu

Beenox have unveiled the cover on their Twitter account, with a promise of further news tomorrow. [​IMG]

Comments?

10. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

11. Stu

Sounds like Steve Blum voicing Kraven and Spidey is looking for his Uncle's killer?

The Spidey model looks a little too slinky, but other than that, looking good.

12. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Yeah it looks pretty awesome, but so did the first one in trailers and it turned out to be kinda boring IMO.

That's definitely Steve Blum as Kraven, can't mistaken his voice. I'm little disappointed that Spider-Man didn't speak though. I was hoping to find out if Garfield would be reprising the role for the game this time. If not, hopefully it isn't Sam Reigal again. I like Sam, I just don't think he fits as Spidey. His voice kept reminding of a less sleepier version of Tobey's Spidey in the first one.

I'd like to see Josh Keaton or Chris Barnes reprise the role here if they couldn't get Andrew to do it. If nothing else at least keep Drake Bell away from this please.

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

I liked Sam's performance so I'd welcome him back. It would be kinda weird to have Garfield playing the role now after the first game.

Kraven is a nice surprise, as is Steve Blum doing his voice. From that trailer alone, I'd say he's a good choice for the role. As for Kraven's design, well, I'll say he has a nice beard at least :sweat:.

So it looks like, at least at the beginning, Kraven and Spidey are working together in the game. Though with this being Kraven, I can't see it lasting.

I had actually assumed that the "killer" Spider-Man was hunting was The Lizard, maybe after escaping from Ravencroft, but having it be Uncle Ben's killer definitely holds a lot more potential for the plot. I wonder if this is meant to tie-in to the movies to explain why Spidey is no longer hunting him in Amazing Spider-Man 2? So maybe this game is a prequel? Which means none of the villains from the movie will be turning up...

On the subject of villains, I'm very interested to see who they use now. I can bet Black Cat will show up, now as a cross-species, and there were some side-quests in first game that referenced classic Spider-Man villains that could turn up in this one.

14. Stu

I would welcome Sam back. I ultimately preferred Keaton in the role, but Sam did fine. I am happy Cage is writing the game, I have likes his Spidey work so far and the first game was so weakly written with really poor boss fights.

It all sounds pretty good so far. I am hoping it won't be too rushed, they have had enough time to star development of it.

Having the story set alongside the movie ala the original trilogy of games should provide us with boss fights for Rhino, Goblin and Electro at least. The choice of villains was pretty poor in the original Amazing game.

Also, I hope we get a Superior Spider-Man skin!

15. Stu

Beenox has revealed the first pre order exclusive pack exclusive to Game Stop, entitled The Web Threads Pack, which features The Iron Spider, symbiote, Captain Universe and Spider-Man Noir costumes. No release date has been given for the game yet. Comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Here's what I know so far that hasn't been mentioned here:
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game site has been updated
    Some villains include Electro, Kraven, and Kingpin
    The story will follow-up from the first game and will contrast with the new movie
    The 3DS version will not include free-roaming
    3DS version will be developed by High Voltage Studios instead of Beenox (ex. they made Iron Man 2 Wii/PSP, Captain America Super Soldier Wii/3DS)
    PS4 version can be played on the PSVita through remote play
    No PSVita version has been announced yet
    Players can play as Peter Parker
    A new "Hero or Menace" system determines if you are a 'Hero' or 'Menace' by how much crime you prevent or don't prevent
    Beenox considered including Ultimate Spider-Man episodes as unlockables but found out they didn't have the rights*
    The villains in the game are all new*
    Gameloft is developing the iOS/Android version
    Release date has been set to April 29th in North America and May 2nd in Europe
    New details should be coming out soon

*Straight from Beenox themselves, through e-mail

17. Stu

Won't following up from the first game contradict the movies plans for Rhino? He doesn't look to be a cross species villain in the brief glimpses of the trailer.

I am looking forward to this. I do hope we get better villains this time around, the boss fights in the first game were very lacklustre and repetitive.

I did read a rumour that The Shocker was included amongst the rouges but I haven't heard anything since.

18. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I think the first game was supposed to be canon, but was dropped when the villains were set for the second movie, so the first Amazing Spider-Man game makes up its' own epilogue to the first movie (as a starting point for the plot). The second game follows the first game while also tying into the second movie (by including Harry Osborn, Electro, etc.)

Here's the link to the official game site:The Amazing Spider-Man - The Game

And the link for a brand-new preview:http://www.gameinformer.com/games/t.../03/19/what-kind-of-a-spider-man-are-you.aspx

19. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Wonder if this will be better or more fun than their first movie game, from little points I read it has an improvement in swinging mechanics
    One of the images show
    In other words: The first Amazing Spider-Man movie spawned 2 different timelines
    The games & the Movie sequels
    Separate stories

20. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Thanks. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Something bothering me about the game is that information is hardly trickling in, and the game is due to release in a month.
    Activision need to speed up the advertising. The first game had four or five trailers one month before its' release.

Anyways, those searching for new footage, Beenox has your back:THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 GAMEPLAY PREVIEW - GDC 2014 - YouTube

New preview too:The Amazing Spider-Man 2 makes you the hero (or menace) New York deserves | GamesRadar