1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Race: Toon Zone - queries thread

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by TimTwoFace, May 15, 2005.

1. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Ooh, sorry, we tend to have that effect on guys... and cacti... but that's another story!

2. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Oy, women.:p

3. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I've always said from the start of this thread that I needed 24 people - 12 teams of 2 - to make this game work.

If I get 26 or 28 people wanting to sign up, I could manage that, too - I'd just have to eliminate a non-elimination leg in this game to accomodate that.

Silly Gwen...you bad listener. :p

-Tim

4. TimTwoFace

OK, I've completed organizing just over 50% of the legs of the race, with all the clues written and everything; I'll get the others done ASAP and, by the end of June, we should have this game up and running. :)

-Tim

5. TimTwoFace

It's been a while since this thread was updated, hasn't it? Anyway, I'm just writing to say that I've only got a few more legs of the race left to plan, and then we'll be having sign-ups for the game. :D

I must warn you, though - it won't be a cakewalk, and you will be banging your head against the wall on occasion - but that'll make it so much more fun for yourselves when you finally do pull out the win. :D

-Tim

6. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Pfft!! You amateurs and your PLANNING the game! It's much more exciting when you wing it ;)

7. Natey

Natey blank

I got a way to do it.

every one signs up that wants to (hopefully its a even numeber) and tim will deicide whos parters who its eaiser and less a hassle

~Nate~

8. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

...from what I gathered, that's how it's going to work... unless of course you have worked out who your partner is going to be since Tim first posted this thread... if that's the case, why should you get penalized?

9. TimTwoFace

I can't do that - this is a far more involving process, and I need to make sure that my riddles and clues are actually correct, so the game goes off without a hitch!

See you at the starting line! But will I see you at the finish...? ;)

-Tim

10. the Amanda

the Amanda Rogue Alchemist

Do you have test solvers? No string of serious puzzles can go off without a hitch if you don't have test solvers.

11. TimTwoFace

What do you mean by "test solvers", exactly? If by that you mean HINTS and ANSWERS, then...yes. :)

-Tim

12. the Amanda

I mean people who test your puzzles by solving them, before you give them to loads of people.

If you're really that involved in writing a good puzzling experience, test solvers can be very useful! Just a thought. :)

13. TimTwoFace

Ahh, I see - well, I've already double-checked the majority of my questions, so they ARE answerable. Just expect them to get generally harder as the game goes forth. :D

Many skills will be needed for this game. Mathematical skills...map-reading skills...bow-staff skills...tetherball skills...you know, really important skills. :D

-Tim

14. the Amanda

Sounds good. I've seen a number of puzzles that could be spiffy go down in flames because of some unconscious assumption on the writer's part, but I suppose this is the sort of game where you can always clarify if necessary.

15. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

When do you ever use Mathematics in the real world? Because we really want to know when trains leave New York and Boston at 60 and 70 mph and where is their point of intersection :p Actually... I've never had a train question. Maybe we don't like trains in the UK.

Anyway, to make this post not completely useless, I would like to join, and shall wait patiently until the sign-up sheet comes out and such.

16. Zach

Zach Active Member

I can do everything but the math... well, okay, I can do math, just not anything past basic Algebra. (Which I can barely do)

17. the Amanda

I can't believe you people are objecting to math. There's nothing wrong with math (except for those geeks in my dorm who talk about analysis and topology all day ;) ). It's map reading I'm worried about! Unless it's in Disney World. I can totally find my way around Disney World. Oh, and physical stuff is bad too, but thankfully you can't really do that over the internet. :D

18. TimTwoFace

SCANDALOUS!

Anyway...there will be a lot of skills, but it's mostly logical and there will be nothing that neither logic nor a good search engine would answer.

The questions and puzzles will be difficult, but definitely solveable. :)

Still working on the game...just a few legs to go, and then I'll open up the sign-up thread.

-Tim

19. TimTwoFace

I've started on the second-to-last leg today! *EVIL GRINS AND GUFFAWS*

It should be good to go in about a week's time - if anyone is at all interested, still. :p

-Tim

20. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

After seeing that Aurora is an MIT student, I'm thinking she'd be a force to be reckoned with... or partnered with...

By an amazing coincidence, I believe that's going to be one of the first legs. :p

I am an exceptional listener. I'm equally good at tuning certain people out from time to time.

Oh, I dunno... I average at least once a day.

I can do most everything but spell. darn left/right brain...:sweat: