1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Race: Toon Zone - Postcard Thread

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by TimTwoFace, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yeah, he's a friend, but by no means a TZ member.

I know A LOT of people in this city...

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

LEG #4

"OUT OF SIGHT AND INTO AFRICA"

[​IMG]
    Maseru, the capital of the enclave nation of Lesotho.

[​IMG]
    Cape Town, one of three South African cities with the distinction of being its "capital".

[​IMG]
    A gathering of locals in a community on the outskirts of Kigali, Rwanda.

[​IMG]
    Overlooking the Indian Ocean, on the outskirts of Antsiranana, Madagascar.

3. PaQ

PaQ Believe it!

That part of Antsiranana looks quite nice.

4. TimTwoFace

LEG #5

"ANCIENT RELICS AND A RELIGIOUS PILGRIMMAGE"

[​IMG]
    The Masjid al Haram, the destination to which all Muslim followers must go at least once in their life if finances and health allows. It is the holiest Islamic site on Earth.

[​IMG]
    The funeral mask of Tutankhamun.

[​IMG]
    The Great Pyramid of Giza, with the Sphinx in the foreground; the Great Pyramid is the last remaining structure that has been given the distinction of being the "Seven Wonders of the Ancient World".

[​IMG]
    Mt. Sinai, on the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt; it is written that God delivered the Ten Commandments to Moses at the summit of this mountain.

[​IMG]
    Atop the hill of Calvary (or Golgotha) is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the holiest site in Christian faiths; this picture is taken from the part of the structure built over the exact location where it was believed Jesus Christ was crucified nearly 2000 years ago.

5. TimTwoFace

LEG #6

"MY BIG FAT GREEK HEADACHE"

[​IMG]
    Looking across the Bosphorus Strait at the Istanbul skyline, including the Yeni Camii (the New Mosque).

[​IMG]
    The Parthenon, part of the Acropolis, overlooking the ancient city of Athens, Greece.

[​IMG]
    A busy day in Monastiraki Square - also in Athens.

[​IMG]
    A snowy day on the Isle of Crete.

6. Alex Toon

Alex Toon Tails wishes a happy 15th!

Hey guys, it's Alex currently in Mt Sinai.After being eliminated, I decided to hang around and get to know the people. They're excellent and they nearly worship the computer.
    {holds up Osbourne computer a`la Charlton Heston}
    I now give to you the best invention known to man! {drops computer and shatters}
    :ack: Well... it used to be the greatest invention.
    {riot starts with people yelling "Where's my 90 day guarantee?!?!}
    Back to you, Tim.

7. TimTwoFace

LEG #7

"DON'T GET 'THE BOOT!' "

[​IMG]
    In the city of Verona, Italy, I take a second to swing past the balcony that apparently inspired William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet; funny how the Bard never actually set foot in this country.

[​IMG]
    One of the most recognizable landmarks in the world, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, in the city of Pisa, on Italy's west coast.

[​IMG]
    The famous Roman Colosseum, in the city of Rome.

[​IMG]
    Skirting further down Italy's west coast, I arrive in the city of Naples, Italy; Mt. Vesuvius, the famous volcano that destroyed the city of Pompeii (and others) in 79 AD, is seen overlooking the city in the background.

[​IMG]
    I double-back to the Italian capital of Rome, and pass St. Peter's Square (in the enclave nation of the Vatican City) on my way to the pit stop.

8. TimTwoFace

LEG #8

"MUSCLE SPRAINS AND STRAINS IN SPAIN"

[​IMG]
    Teams land on the African coastal city of Algeria in this quaint little marina.

[​IMG]
    The giant Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca. Here's lookin' at you.

[​IMG]
    Once in Seville, Spain, teams cross over the Bridge of Triana; this bridge was built for Expo '92, which was held in this city in 1992.

[​IMG]
    An aerial view of the city of Granada, Spain. Teams camped out here overnight before continuing to the next leg.

9. TimTwoFace

LEG #9

"WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS."

[​IMG]
    The first checkpoint was the brand new Millau Viaduct, in the south of France - the tallest vehicular bridge in the world.

[​IMG]
    Teams then biked down to the beaches of Normandy to pick up their next clue.

[​IMG]
    The next stop was the Eiffel Tower, undoubtedly the most popular landmark in Paris, France - and one of the most recognizable in the world.

[​IMG]
    The Arc de Triomphe, as dusk falls upon the City of Lights.

[​IMG]
    The casket at Les Invalides, where the remains of Napoleon Bonaparte are kept.

[​IMG]
    Teams then made it to the Colonne de Juillet, either by bicycle or, if they used the Fast Forward, the Paris Metro. This structure sits on the old structure of the Bastille, a prison that was the setting for a turning point in the French Revolution.