1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Race: Toon Zone - Leg #3

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by TimTwoFace, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I agree with Colin, I don't like this system either. It's all been reduced to just be in the right place at the right time, which removes most of the challenge.

I was also mad that this leg (of all legs) was used as a tryout. With the exception of the lattitude/longitude question, I knew all of the answers by heart, yet me and Aurora came out fourth simply because I hit the "send message" button a few seconds too late. That's far from being a fair system.

I stand by my suggestion of having the challenges posted at random dates and unannounced in advance. It will make the game a lot more interesting and noone should complain for not being able to read the boards.

2. the Amanda

the Amanda Rogue Alchemist

Actually, it was my fault. I was going to send the questions and I got distracted for a few minutes so Javeman picked it up for me. It seems like answers within a minute or so of each other should really be counted as a tie... which means that this system might generate nothing but ties in the near future.

3. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

HA! One source I used stated the coordinates, I just copied it.

Well...I did reveal part of the answer...the rest you guys have to do yourself. Hehehe...

4. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey, personally, I hate this system, really - I liked it much better the other way, but because a number of people wanted it to be fair, I had to try and find a good way to do it. If I go back to the other way, others will complain and say it's unfair. Like I said earlier, I can't really do much better.

-Tim

5. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

Well, yeah. Like what Dalek said in the topic where you asked the contestants' opinion, you can't really accomodate everyone in a forum such as this. Besides, every plan has it's problems, good or bad. In time, people will get used to the changes.

6. TimTwoFace

Check out my "ALL READ" thread to see my new and final solution. Any further discussion of this topic should be held there.

-Tim

7. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

So what happens if our four teams who haven't made it to the pit stop yet go absolutely nowhere in the next three days?

8. TimTwoFace

Fear not, I've a plan in store; let's just say it's definitely in everyone's best interest to make it to the pit stop, or else who knows what may happen?

I'm still waiting for answers from all the four remaining teams, BTW!

-Tim

9. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

And until Alex Toon gets in contact with me, I'm afraid him and I are kinda stuck where we are.:sad::crying::sweat:

But hey, I like mystery...:p:evil::evil:

-Matt A-

10. Daffy Dork

Daffy Dork Active Member

OK, I have a big problem here...

I haven't been doing very well because bearpod doesn't care about the game and doesn't even try to like it, so I've become a one man band here... I was wondering if there is any way Tim could solve this problem....maybe a new partner or if someone else if having partner problems,they can team up with me? I really need a new partner instead of that lazy as hell slacker bearpod! And the worst part is after this weeks challenge, I'm away on vacation for a week, so noone will look for answers and chances are I'll be eliminated...

11. Bearpod91

Bearpod91 I still have a moving avatar!

oOo...HARSH! :p

12. Captain Zechs

Captain Zechs Active Member

Well I am back, and I happily see my teammate did fine. Congrats to all. And Daffy that sucks, I want to become top 3 otherwise I wouldn't wanna play either lol :p

13. TimTwoFace

Unfortunately, you cannot be assigned new partners, even if the other partner is doing nothing; this is who you chose to be with, so that's who you're stuck with. If you have any problems with your partner, just talk to him/her.

-Tim

14. TimTwoFace

*CHECKS WATCH* 32 hours to check in, guys...where are the other three teams?

-Tim

15. Lord Dalek

Maybe they're rebelling.

16. TimTwoFace

They do realize they're running the risk of getting eliminated - or worse - right?

-Tim

17. Lord Dalek

I believe that's the point.

18. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

So, there's something worse than being eliminated? I'm intrigued as to what you're doing, Tim.

19. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

So am I.;):sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

-Matt A-

20. Alex Toon

Alex Toon Tails wishes a happy 15th!

We have to stay there for the game remainder? If we ever travel to Europe,that might be fine.