The 2000's Hate Really Needs To Stop

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dell Boy, Mar 29, 2017.

1. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Well, as much as I don't think the 2000's is the worst, the only few years are the worst are 2004, 2006, and 2007.

2004: Despite that I graduated at high school on that year, I thought 2004 is a bad year for me. Home on the Range is Disney's last 2d animation until PATF five years later, Roy E. Disney resigned, Michael Eisner destroying Disney for his greedy needs, and Anne Sweeney changed Disney Channel and fired Mickey and Friends.

2006: IMO, 2006 is the worst year ever. A year off from Disney animated features, no Fantasia 2006, Mickey Mouse and friends are aimed at preschoolers, Hannah Montana and High School Musical are more popular than Mickey Mouse and friends and classic animated features, my favorite theatre at Disneyland turned into a Princess Fantasy Faire instead of stage shows, and some personal things I will not mention.

2007: Not the worse, but not great either. Disney Channel still bad and the horrible broadway musical Spring Awakening beated Mary Poppins for Best Musical at the Tony Awards, but that's just me.

I hate to admit it, but I guess I maybe went overboard back then, but I've tried to be optimistic. Let's just say I have my moments back then. But I tried not to think 2000s is the worst even it had moments of unpleasantness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

In terms of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, they were actually pretty decent during the first half of the 2000's. It's during the later half, when they hit their Dork Ages, that people began to associate the 2000's with terrible cartoons. It's a bit of fan debate when exactly both networks began to fall apart, but I think pretty much everyone can agree that both networks were in a terrible state during 2008 and 09.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Julayla_Beryl

Julayla_Beryl Member

I thought I was the only one who liked some of the 2000s stuff. My favorites there would happen to be Camp Lazlo and the Mr. Men Show for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 90'sKid

I liked Camp Lazlo too. Much better than Chowder (I couldn't get past the weird textures and constant fourth-wall jokes) and MGPAM (The butt jokes). While CL wasn't as good as some of the earlier CN shows, it was probably the last really good one before the CN reboot in 2010.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Camp Lazlo was an okay show, not as good as Rocko's Modern Life but it was just fine none the less.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 90'sKid

I loved RML! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I also like Camp Lazlo.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. 90'sKid

It was (IMO) one of the better shows to come out in CN’s “downward spiral” of the late 2000’s.

9. AdrenalineRush1996

That along with The Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Robotboy, Chop Sooky Chooks (yes I like that show and prefer it over the CN's overexposing nadir like Johnny Test, TTG, Ben 10 2016 and PPG 2016), Atomic Betty, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were among the best CN cartoons (whether it was produced by CN, a DC cartoon that debuted on CN or a WB cartoon that debuted on CN) from the late Noughties.

10. 90'sKid

Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi: I never really got the appeal of that one, I know it has a big cult following, but to me it always just looked like a poorly-animated attempt at an anime-like show. Wasn’t it to promote a pop band or something?

I liked Fosters though, mostly the first couple of seasons, but as a whole the TV movies/specials of the show were pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, it was the only CN cartoon in which Sam Register created since he's more involved in the production part of the network and yep, it was a cartoon focusing on the popular J-pop duo Puffy Ami Yumi. Had the show been more successful, then we would've seen an Asian pop boom outside Asia years earlier, given that said boom happened during this decade thanks to the likes of K-pop artists Psy, Girls' Generation, Blackpink and BTS and J-pop artists Babymetal and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

12. 90'sKid

Ah ok. I’m not really a fan of J-Pop, to be honest.

13. AdrenalineRush1996

So, I see.

14. ZacharyGrossman273

ZacharyGrossman273 New Member

My life as a teenage robot and Phineas and ferb both aired during this period.

Some of the best seasons of South Park were part of this.

#94 ZacharyGrossman273, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017