1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The 10 best cartoon series ever!!!

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Hulk, Jun 5, 2004.

1. GiantRobotsRule

GiantRobotsRule Partly Metal, Partly Real

My Top Ten

My Top Ten 'Toons:

1. Beavis & Butt-head (RECOGNIZE!)
    2. Voltron
    3. The Simpsons
    4. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    5. Invader Zim
    6. Spongebob Squarepants
    7. Tranzor Z (Mazinger)
    8. Dangermouse
    9. Transformers
    10. Thundercats

Honorable Mention ('cuz it's puppets): Sifl & Olly

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Here's my top 10:

10. All-New Super Friends Hour (1977). Exit Wendy & Marvin, and say hello to the Wonder Twins, plus DC stalwarts Atom, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, and Flash. Rima made an appearance here. Say what you will about Zan & Jayna (he's often cast as an imbecile, she's a hottie), but they did have their uses.

9. Incredible Hulk (1996 UPN): This came the closest to matching the live-action show in terms of drama, plus adding familiar supporting players like Betty Ross and Doc Samson. Good stuff.

8. Kim Possible (2002-present): ABC just dropped Kim from their lineup to make room for W.I.T.C.H., as of this weekend. Fortunately, Disney Channel will continue to run the show weekdays. Modesty Blaise crossed with Nancy Drew, although the bumbling villainy of Dr. Drakken pulls this show closer to campiness.

7. Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids (1972-84): Hey, hey, hey! What list is complete without this show? It didn't air in my area for the latter half of its run because the local affiliate was committed to local programming (when FA aired at noon or later).

6. Spider-Man (Fox 1995-99): Unlike earlier incarnations, the producers could adapt story ideas from the comics. Betcha didn't know Aerosmith's Joe Perry composed the theme song (which might explain Aerosmith doing the classic theme in the 2002 movie).

5. The Littles: If you were looking for an alternative to the Smurfs, DIC & ABC delivered in 1983. The concept is similar to "The Borrowers", except that the Littles, like the Smurfs, had a community all their own. And didn't Lucy have a bit of a crush on Henry Bigg?

4. Thundarr (1980-82): I loved this show. How Kirby was unable to turn this into a comic book, I don't know. It could be revived, with the storyline advanced another century or so.

3. HB World of Super-Adventure: As I noted earlier, I barely remember seeing Space Ghost when it first came out (I was but a toddler), so this more than made up for it. Oh, by the way, they're finally doing Space Ghost's origin in the comics. It's a great read.:D

2. Justice League (Unlimited): The first JLA cartoons were part of the Aquaman show in 1967, but Batman couldn't be used since Fox owned the TV rights at the time. You know the reason for the Super Friends format. 35 years after those first cartoons, the "true" JLA, if you will, gets on the air, although there are those that will have their issues with John Stewart as GL instead of Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner. The current JLU has added a touch of soap opera with the budding relationship between Batman & Wonder Woman (next thing ya know, they'll admit Superman is married). Now all they need is to make Zatanna more of a regular.:D

1. Batman: The Animated Series (1992-95): In terms of toons, it's Batman done right. Enough said.

Honorable mention: Superman (1988 and 1996), Spider-Man (1967), Fillmore, King of the Hill, The Simpsons (and you know there'll be people putting those two on the list), Gargoyles, The Flintstones (1960-66).

Dishonorable mention: Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Anything that resembles animated colorforms just doesn't represent.

3. SuperLuigiBros

SuperLuigiBros Gamer's Attic Writer

I know this is an old thread, but not insanely old.

Anyway, my top 10 (in no particular order):
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Spongebob Squarepants
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    The Angry Beavers
    Ed Edd n Eddy
    Pinky and the Brain
    Johnny Bravo

4. Natey

Natey blank

1 Courage

2Jonny Bravo

3 ed edd n eddy

4cow and chicken

5 looney tunes

6 code lyoko

7 teen titans

8 dexters lab

9 simpsons

10samuri jack/star war clone wars

11 billy and mandy

12 family guy

13 space ghost coast 2 coast

14 Cyborg009

15 2 stupid dogs

5. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Not in order...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
    Beast Wars
    Batman: the Animation Series
    Justice League (+ Unlimited)
    Gargoyles
    Simpsons
    Spiderman
    Dragonball
    Scooby-Doo: Where Are You?
    Doug

6. Tintin

Tintin Member

1. Journul
    2. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies
    3. Oggy and the Cockroaches
    4. Garfield and Friends
    5. The Adventures of Tintin
    6. Frank's Minutes
    7. Smurfs
    8. Beavis and Butt-Head
    9. The Simpsons (early first seasons)
    10. Bonkers

Honorable mention:
    Brandy and Mr. Whiskers (After some analysis, but i'm not sure for you, i loved this for one of most important things in a cartoon but often forgot today: THE PERSONALITY :anime: )

Ren & Stimpy - Ok, i already know that i hated this series but after watching recently, it's more the music than i loved also this one.

7. Zero-V

Zero-V Active Member

1. Transformers: Generation One: No matter how much knocking this show gets, (mostly for animation errors, some continunity errors, the occasional bad episode) it's still pretty definitive to me, as it actually managed to transcend it's negatives and gave audiences memorable characters, some excellent episodes, and an amazing movie.

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Original Series: Distinctly different from the new cartoon and the MIRAGE comics, the series, on it's own as a seperate entity, was an entertaining action/adventure coemdy with it's own original concepts, characters, and fourth wall breaking humour, it put the franchise on the map and established the Turtles in many ways, leading to much of what you see now

3. M.A.S.K: An underated classic really, aside from the racing series (which, admitedly, actually had some good episodes) this had excellent animation, great characters, superb action sequences, and some measure of intergrity and effort.

4. Batman: The Animated Series: The defintitive 90's animated series, the show that MADE superhero cartoons improve beyond all measure, the series that would eventually produce three movies (the first being better than most of the live action movies), numerous spin-offs, and related series

5. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Balancing great stories with character deapth rarly found in other shows at the time, He-Man had a strong run of amazing episodes, with only a few negatives here and there, Filmation's animation might have been repeititive, but what innvoative sequences they did resort to were dynamic and visually enthralling, an amazing series that still holds up

6. Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: "No Guts No Glory...no pain no gain...", the end credit theme song, the continunity, the characters, the action sequences, the eagerness to use early measures of C.G.I, and the drama involved makes a great offering.

7. Gargoyles: Strong character arcs, great continunity, expanding characters, expanding mythology, is it any wonder why this got it's own bloody convention? Arguably Disneys' finest 90's animated endevour next to Darkwing Duck

8. Ducktales: Ducktales expanded the Disney universe by making use of classic characters such as Scrooge Mcduck and Huey, Duie, and Lewy and throwing in now equally legendary new characters such as Laucnhpad, Plumgold, the Beagle Boys, and Gizmoduck, combined with world spanning, adventures that more than often contained astonishing humour, a great deal of action set peices and tight continunity

9. Chip'N'Dale: Rescue Rangers: Another of the Disney cartoons, Chip'N'Dale took two classic Disney characters and reinvented them into something new and gripping, character developments, humour, memorable characters, etc

10. Futurama: Amazing comedy, amazing characters, this was clearly a series Groening wanted to replace the Simpsons with, as his eagerness shined through every effort made in the animation and writing from his team, it's only a shame the Simpsons continues whilst this remains cancelled, but at least it ended on a sweet note, how many shows GET the kind of ending that this had? Not many

8. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

There was a thread like this somewhere around here but I'm not going to say anything about it lol. Ok here's my top 10 big list of best toons;

1. Kim Possible: So the Drama: The show itself was great but the movie had all you needed in a movie. It was sort of like the next generation of James Bond but not. The animation was better than your average TV show; it even looked 3D at some points. Than there were the characters very important to the show after all you can't have a show without its characters. I loved them all, Ron brought out his true character in this movie he helped major, so in your face totally Spy fans. Kim was pretty cool also her character was very decent in the movie. Draken and Shego they were very good villains in the movie actually, they almost succeeded what no other villains could, which was cool. Rufus last but certainly not least helped big time, if it were not for him the plan would not have failed. So I say we bow our heads for this wonderful show/movie for its greatness.

2. Tale Spin: Now I don't remember watching the series when it first aired but as I tune into it recently I've found out it's an amazing show. Literally Tale Spin had great stories and the animation was wonderfully done, the characters were all great for instance Baloo and Wild Cat were my favorite. So that's why it has earned a place as number 2 in my top list of favorite shows. It really is that great.

3. Invader Zim: The humor the show cracks me up. I hate how Nickelodeon canceled it so early they suck Nick does that's right you heard me lol. The characters I loved them all, the episodes fantastic humor right after the other. My favorite episodes are the ones where Dib and Zim work together we. I didn't like how everyone was so mean to poor Dib the funny thing is he's usually the one saving the world lol.

4. Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Sheen he's the best out of them all.

5. Danny Phantom: For a new show it's pretty good. The action is awesome, I love all of the characters and the fights rule it's even better than Super Man {jumps and hides away from the Super Man fans} what I think so.

6. Speed Buggy: Better than the old talking dog himself. Too bad it only ran for one season, I had a fit when I knew it only had one season lol. I watch on that Boomerang channel I think it's pretty good. The talking things have got to stop though.

7. The Flintstones: A great old time show, I used to watch this show when I was little it ran on another station TBS I believe. I was so bummed when it went off the channel, but now that I watch it on Boomerang I've come to realize how great it is.

8. What's New Scooby-Doo? : Better than the original Scooby-Doo show. It has better animation, Fred is pretty funny not that smart in this series really he even got hypostases in season two by Velma accidentally lol. Shaggy seems to be the only ordinary one of the bunch which is saying something. Also that darn dog still can't say Cat right, which cracks me up "its cat not rat" have some freakin lessons dog lol. Oh back to on how good the show is, Dalphny helps out more instead of just being the damsel in distress like she was in the last one. Also Velma seems to have a sarcastic side to her this time, she's pretty funny this time, never thought she was before. Episodes are good too; villains still don't make sense but eh can't be perfect. I'd say this series is more like the live action movies really. The confusing part whether there suppose to be teenagers or Adults, that confuses that heck out of me, but really that's the only glitch there is in the series, it's a really good one.

9. The Simpson’s: I like the older seasons, newer ones are terrible no offence I just don't like them. I just don't tune into the newer episodes at all in fact, I only just watched that Future episode and it was ok for a new one. I just dislike how their making Bart into a fool, it's ticking me off.

10. Family Guy: A killing baby and talking dog put them together and you have a good show. I love it, their both hilarious.

11. Rugrats AGU: Kill me I love this series, the characters are like they were when they were baby's but more experienced with what they do??? How young was Tommy when he had a Camera? Couldn't have been a baby although he was pretty smart as baby. Also big C/A shipper so I love them on that show they rock.

12. Rugrats 991-1999: The movie didn't kill that baby Dill did though he is the coolest character on AGU I'll give him that much, he ruined a perfect show though. It was going fine, the humor was adult like, and the animation was unique plus I loved Angelica and Chuckie they were great characters. Yup good times.

13. Real Monsters: Another great classic Nick show.

14. Rocko's Modern Life: It's just a classic I've loved this show since when it first started till now even. The characters I loved them all, and man did it have me side splitting in each episode, it was that funny. I wish Nickelodeon hadn't canceled it but oh well, curse you Nick, curse you!

15. Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers: My another Disney cartoon show, there are not that many Disney shows that I like but this show rocked. Those little rodents they showed us that you didn't have to be small in order to help out in the world. Chip and Dale are better in this series than they were in the cartoon shorts that's for sure.

16. Weekenders: Another greatly missed show but at least I can watch this one on TV. The characters were all well done and likable that'd all I can say lol I liked the characters.

17. As Told by Ginger: Though I liked Carl’s side more it was a well put show.

18. Ed, Edd n Eddy: Ed and Double D rule.

19. Detention: A short lived series a last it only lasted one season like some other shows. So it may have been a Rescues spoof so what? I liked the series and thought it was even better than that show. I liked all of the characters, except the principle that is. It was a very good show.

20. Pokemon: I've been watching it since 1997 will mainly reruns of season one the newer episodes are just not that good.

21. Digimon: Season Three rules!

Wow I think I broke the record there sorry about that lol. Just had to include every one of my favorite shows some how.

9. Zach

Zach Active Member

1) Futurama

2) Batman: TAS

3) Teen Titans

4) Garfield and Friends

5) Family Guy

6) Johnny Bravo

7) Rurouni Kenshin

8) Robotech

9) TMNT (The orignal, not the new one)

10) Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited

10. Deonanna

Deonanna Winx Club fan!

Mine, in no particular order:

Winx Club
    Family Guy
    South Park
    Fairly Oddparents
    Kim Possible
    Popples

11. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Well, guess I should weigh in...

Assuming it's "top ten cartoons of all time" type of list:

1. Looney Tunes: Still my choice as best cartoon series ever (sorry, Homer/Bats, but Bugs *is* the king...)

2. (tied) The Simpsons: One of the all-time best TV cartoons (though recent years obviously were pretty lame)

2. (tied) Rocky & Bullwinkle: Another of the all-time best TV cartoons (and ties with it spiritual descendant the Simpsons)

4. Superman

5. Mickey Mouse

6. Various Disney productions

7. "Peanuts"

8. Batman

9. Calvin and Hobbes

10. Early Hanna-Barbera (Yogi Bear, the Flintstones, etc.)

12. Hckyfn17

Hckyfn17 Member

1. Family Guy
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Transformers
    4. Thundercats
    5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    6. Batman: The Animated Series
    7. Looney Tunes
    8. Animaniacs
    9. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
    10. South Park