The #1 reason why "Hey Arnold!" got cancelled

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Ktkb3, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Ktkb3

Ktkb3 New Member

I liked Hey Arnold's animation when it was first introduced in 1996. But right now the animation's Terrible. It Hurt's my eye's so badly. Plus, Gerald's Voice makes my ear's bleed. Ever since he got he got his tonsils out. He talk's really really bad and there's thee episode's that to be taken off the air. Inculding that episode where arnold and his friend's go on a Fishing Trip and it's turn's into a disaster when the animals ate there food and all that had to eat was beans and Cole slaw and through the night Grandpa in there parents act crazy and fart to much and Grandpa runs around in underwear and farts too like a complete little la-la and what's the deal with Davey jones singing that gross song. The reason why this episode should be banned is because the toilet humor is to sickening to swallow. Also that one with Oshkar and the baby that way Oskar acts and talks in the episode will teach people to become loser's and live on the street and gamble money. This is diffentely going to be banned and so is the episode "Crabby Author" the ending was not right. Agatha was suppose to change her way's. That's Not Fair! If they would of stuck with the old animation and Oskah's voice and change that ending to "Crabby Author" and ban the fishing epsiode a little less annoying non of this woulden't happen!

Now You know!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2002
  2. zimbach

zimbach Nice Jigglypuffs! ยก

Does anyone here know how to translate Newyorkese into English? I could understand only a fifth of that.

3. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Zimbach, that was inappropriate. Many board members, including myself are from New York. Yes, the original post does needed added grammar and puncuation marks, but that does not mean you have to be do so in a demeaning way.

4. Novdeloth

Novdeloth Come on, get happy!

Have you seen the toilet humor in Ren & Stimpy? That kind of stuff in that Hey Arnold episode was nothing compared to what R&S dished out.

I haven't heard of a single person who was somehow convinced to "become a loser" because of a cartoon. First off, cartoons, as well as any other medium, alone don't influence anyone; the people in someone's life--parents, teachers, peers--also have an effect on them and how they turn out.

I can understand if you don't like it, but just because the ending didn't suit your tastes doesn't mean that the episode is going to be banned!

5. Mackenzie Rainelle

Mackenzie Rainelle Anime Psychoanalyst

...............What does this have to do with Hey Arnold! getting cancelled? I was expecting the kinds of stuff we got from the Zim cancellation threads: Low ratings, creator walked, Nick broke contract, etc. Not someone's useless (and extremely hard to read) complaining about the episodes he (she?) didn't like.

6. zarius

zarius New Member

Hey Arnold' has been running a razor's edge, and for it to reach FIVE seasons is a miracle in itself, survivng when all the cartoons from the "old guard" did'nt.

Guess THAT movie was to blame for keeeping it from the chop earlier, now we get a proper finale to it.

We all know they'll be a second, FINAL movie, and hopefully one that won't P*ss off us Arnold/Helga fanatics and give a cruddy anti-climax.

7. Zechs

Zechs Rabbit in a box

Yeah the show was canllced because one person didn't like it. Ugh nick should just hang up the toon thing if they keep treating the catoons creators like crap so that they stop making the show.

8. Andy Mancini

Andy Mancini New Member

"Hey Arnold" was cancelled because it reached 65 episodes, like most American cartoons.

9. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Hey Arnold has 100 episodes. The creator said so himself.

10. zarius

zarius New Member

He's right, Arnold's 100th episode is the last one, one hour approx. it's called "The Journal".

Cool.

11. Sandro

Sandro Senior Member

I'm also surprised it lasted as long as it did. It's too bad it had to be cancelled; I actually liked the show when I catch it every now and then.

12. zarius

zarius New Member

You know there's a HUGE Arnoldf fan here when he starts posting multiple times.. ;)

Arnold was "one of a kind", and his like will be sorly missed.

Thnakyou for tearing it away from us Pr**kolodean!

13. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!

Uh.................huh.

First, the animation is just fine. It was never terrible.

Second, Jamil W. Smith' s voice just changed. It's a part of life. He can hardly be faulted for puberty. Besides, his newer voice isn't so bad.

Third, about "Fishing Trip", if you think that this episode is too sickening (even though it's pretty tame, IMO), I pray you never watch "Ren and Stimpy", 'cause some of the stuff on that show would give you a heart attack.

Fourth, from a moral standpoint, I've seen far worse than "Baby Oskar".

Fifth, I think that Agatha did change her ways at the end of "Crabby Author".

And sixth, proofread much?

14. zarius

zarius New Member

And sixth, proofread much?

Funny you should mention that Lonestarr, I happen to proof-read on TVTOME..

I don't set out to be a bad speller, I'm often in a rush when I post my messages..

15. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!

Actually, I was referring to Ktkb3's post.

16. Nadine

Nadine Procrastinatrix

Here's a more detailed explanation of what's going on with Arnold:

Craig Bartlett and co. had already begun to work on the 'Jungle Movie' (where Arnold goes in search of his parents with the help of his classmates) when Nick told him that he would have to sign an exclusivity contract if he was to continue working there. Since Craig was already working with CN on 'Party Wagon', he left the studio and dedicated all of his energies to CN. It's sort of interesting to note that the final 'Journal' episodes were sort of meant to set up the movie, so the series will almost certainly end in a cliffhanger.

Uh... I guess this would be my 'hi, I am an annoying newbie' post. I've known of this forum for a while, and finally decided to join. Some of you might already know of me from the Hey Arnold and Zim communities.

17. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Hey Nadine, you post at www.geraldsfield.com right? I used to post there. I was Eminem00slimshady.

- Foley Is Good

18. Scythemantis

Scythemantis With Soar-Throat Ghost

Um? How is a few fart jokes somehow too gross too handle and what does any of that have to do with why the show was cancelled!? And how the HECK would that one episode make people gamble? It clearly shows it as being bad behavior, and the ending is sweet. I'm sorry, but you're a little.....well, I dont like this thread. It's dumb.

19. Samoht

Samoht A Pill Addicted Squirrell.

o i thought it was good ratings

other shows nick canned because of good ratings
    spongebob

20. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Spongebob is being cancelled?