The ‘90s Are All That – General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Toonster, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Toonster

Toonster New Member

The 90s are all that are currently airing nicktoons such as Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and Doug. Don't they know that their are other nicktoons to air such as CatDog, Ren and Stimpy, Rocket Power, etc.. They just keep airing the same three nicktoons. I like the 90s are all that, but it could improve more if they air other nicktoons as well.

2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

I assume they'll rotate the other Nictoons later. There's always hope for the U-Pick.:dexter:

3. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

I know right!? Where's Rocko? Where's Ren and Stimpy? Every week they should All That and Kenan and Kel while the next hour should be variety (Examples: Mondays should have Rugrats and Doug, Tuesdays should have Rocko and Ren and Stimpy). Infact, they should consider having the block play from 10pm to 4am every week.

4. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

The whole block in general does need a change. I understand and have that they need to get around to getting rights to certain shows, but not quite being a year yet, we've had little shows on the lineup, and I don't count special showings like the week they did old SNICK lineups, had 1 showing of Ren & Stimpy.

I know some of those shows weren't giving them ratings. My argument though, is if you have it, play it anyway. Seems strange they'd start something like that and not have "enough" material for it. It's like watching Boomerang 'sometimes' ~ except I haven't watched the block in quite a while, because I've seen everything enough x -- Rugrats though I only watched one time through, cause I wasn't a big fan of the 1997+ ones, despite I do like certain ones.

They haven't even done u-pick in a long time ~ at least, not on TV, you get the occasional online pick, but they just stream the shows on their site

5. Ballboi

Ballboi New Member

I noticed something with the 90's Nick block last night. They didn't air All That and Keenan and Kel in their normal time slots at 12:00 and 12:30 respectively. In their time slots were two episodes of Hey Arnold. Something tells me though that TeenNick is going to remove All That and Keenan and Kel from that block since they air on Nickelodeon now.

6. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

It has been that way since November, on Fridays they air double episodes of Hey Arnold! and Rugrats.

7. Ballboi

Ballboi New Member

Oh ok. I haven't really been familiar with the block so I was unaware of that.

8. ferrisjso

ferrisjso New Member

The reason Nick is showing Rugrats and Hey Arnold episodes more than the other 90's Nicktoons is that of the 13 Nicktoons released in the 90s (excluding Spongebob Rugrats and Hey Arnold have the largest fan bases and episode counts.Nick is simply doing what it does with Spongebob on regular nick simply running the shows that get the best rating to impunity until people get tired of it.That's why 30% of it's viewership has left Nick.They'll eventually change it up there's just more Rugrats and Hey Arnold episodes than that of the other 90s Nicktoons so it can be repeated at nauseum for longer periods of time.I'm hoping they start showing some Rocko Modern Life and Aaahh Real Monsters.However fans of the 90's Nick should be thankful to have this block as most of the 90's Nicktoons seldom get shown on Nicktoons anymore which mostly shows 00's stuff now and this gives 90's fans an outlet to go retro.

9. Ballboi

Ballboi New Member

The only thing that kind of bugs me about the block is their schedule. Seeing the same shows in the same time slots every night is kind of stale. I know they usually play different episodes each night but you kind of feel sick of it after a while. Something I would suggest is if they get more 90's shows (Clarrisa, Rokko's, Real Monsters to name sone) and shuffle the lineup a bit. Kind of like an Ipod Shuffle.

10. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Availability of shows is not the issue, as both U-Pick and special events have shown that there are plenty of air-able shows. Nick most likely believes that All That, Kenan & Kel, Rugrats, Doug and Hey Arnold are the most popular 90s Nick shows, and therefore continue airing them to play it safe. Hey Dude must not have done so well, hence why it was pulled. I'm surprised Rocko hasn't been rotated back in.

I do wish they would finally air Season 1 of All That, as I am tired of only seeing Seasons 2-5. Lately they've been running Seasons 4 and 5 to death without even going back to Seasons 2-3, making it worse. Seasons 3-5 aired prior to the block not that many years ago, but Season 1 really hasn't aired in a long long time and it would be fresh to see on the block.

Kenan & Kel, as good of a show as it is, should have been at least replaced with The Adventures of Pete & Pete after a few runs. Considering how much of a landmark Pete & Pete was to the network, I am puzzled why it has yet to air. They could even rotate Kenan & Kel with The Amanda Show, which would still make things fresh even though it is the inferior show.

Bringing back U-Pick with Stick weekly would be another decent move, as long as shows currently airing on the block are not voting choices this time around. It would allow more stuff to air on a regular basis, but sadly they are cheap and lazy and only have U-Pick as a once in the blue moon online only thing.

11. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I think they have a licensing issue with Rugrats now too. On the FB page for it there's the occasional "rights" talk.

After Rugrats completed it's run of just about the entire 97+ episodes, they repeated the last 5 of the original 65, then went right back to the Year 97+ episodes. Which burns, cause there's so many of the original 65 that haven't aired yet, some of them not in a long time, as even Nicktoons, when it still aired it's weekly 5-episode thing, weren't even played.

12. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Part of that might not be a rights issue, but just Nick doing weird things with the rotation. Like I said, they've been doing it with All That now too by looping Seasons 4 and 5. They can perfectly still air Seasons 2 and 3, though, because Nick@Nite is currently airing them. As for missing episodes from the original 65, Nick has been known to misplace their masters for one reason or another. Doug's Season 4 Amazon DVD release is missing two episodes simply because of Nick's carelessness, which they cite as "technical issues."

Rugrats is also not the only show skipping random episodes. All That continues to skip one episode from Season 4 and about five or six episodes from Season 5 for no apparent reason, despite those episodes previously airing on The-N in 2008. Kenan & Kel skipped the episode "Baggin' Saggin' Kel", which was also missing from the Season 1 iTunes release along with "In The Line of Kenan" and "Safe and Sorry." Despite that, all three of those episodes streamed on TeenNick.com. They also misplaced their original master for "Mental Kel-Epathy" and continue to use an over-contrasty lower quality backup master.

Another example is a Season 3 episode of Hey Dude, which was skipped from both the block and iTunes release. It was revealed that Nick lost access to their master, and therefore the Shout Season 3 DVD set had to resort to a low quality source for that particular episode. Point is, Nick needs to keep better track of their episodes...

13. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

This block has so much potential, it's almost embarrassing to look back at its entire run as we near its 1 year anniversary and realize it hasn't really aired all that much.

Since Nickelodeon is the bigger network, and All That and Kenan and Kel are airing there, they should start experimenting with different shows on Teen Nick.

Before '90s Are All That started, Nicktoons was already airing overnight marathons for shows like Rugrats, Catdog, and Ren and Stimpy. I simply don't understand why they're too lazy to change up their schedule, even to make Friday a special night without the U-Pick bumpers.

Some people theorize that they got rid of the Stick Stickley VA after they removed the Nick Jr. mascot, though I'm not sure if that's true.

14. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

There are hears around by Nick and More that this weekend, (Fri,Sat,Sun) Family Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and the original Figure It Out will finally air on the block! Spread the news, maybe if it does strong.. We could see more on those shows on the block, this could possibly the only chance we got to finally have a new show on the block for a while. But i think it's possible that this may be just to celebrate the Olympics. But it's best to bring this news around!

15. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Airing the game shows is probably a one time thing for the Olympics, but its finally something new. The newest thing we last had on the block was All That Season 5 back in April, and the last show that was not on the regular lineup that aired was Salute Your Shorts in March. This is definitely a glimmer of hope that the block won't continue to be an neglected endless void of the same 5 shows.

16. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

Well at least we know they didn't lose the tapes now.

17. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

But this makes me hope if it does well on the weekend, or even being trended alot. This hopes a chance for those shows to air on the block. Thus, may be part of the line-up along with those Nicktoons (hopefully)... But if it's just for the olympics, at least we gotten something on here.

18. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

The only thing I don't necessarily want is if they decided "oh, these game shows did pretty well. Let's make this solely the lineup for the next indefinite amount of months like our previous lineup." True we would be getting more of those three shows, but honestly it would quickly become Nick GAS again. They need to figure out a better way to rotate shows in and out, because none of these shows should be out staying their welcome with so many shows to choose from.

19. Toonster

Toonster New Member

The 90s are all that sucks butt. I want Rockos Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy. Im not a big fan of Rugrats and Doug.

20. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Honestly, I think they play too many Nicktoons on the block currently. Though I would like to see more of them rotated in, I feel the Nicktoons should be limited to one timeslot at a time. In fact, each timeslot should really have its own genre. 12:00am: All That (anchor of the block that's not going anywhere, plus variety show), 12:30am: Sitcom or Drama, 01:00am: Game Show, and 01:30am: Nicktoon.