1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Guy With the Glasses" Talkback (Warning Strong Language)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

In honesty, Toriyama's style makes even the women look fairly manly. His style is very butch, so I can imagine why none of them qualified.

2. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

You know, I did also expect for Holli Would to be on the list somewhere. I mean, picture a cat fight between her and Jessica Rabbit.

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Holli may have ranked in if more than a thimble full of people saw Cool World. It was such a bomb that few people even remember it now; it only occasionally turns up as the topic of a bar trivia conversation starting with: "Say, do you remember this movie that came out years ago called...?"

Hmm. Maybe That Guy should do a review of Cool World. That could prove to be worth a chuckle.

4. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Well, the Sci-Fi Channel did use to put it on the air.

Actually, I like to see a NC review on Cool World and this is coming from a guy who actually likes the film.

5. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

^^This

I call for a Top 11 hottest anime women from That dude in the suede.

Why? I dunno, I'm just tossing out ideas.

6. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

That I'd like to see as well. Who wants to bet that Rei Anyanami will be on the No. 1 spot?

7. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Mr Suede seems a bit biased to me. Seems all he's doing is broadcasting the average anime fanboy opinion.

8. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Then he would needed to made aware of the fact that Cool World was originally conceived as very different (and better) movie, which you can read all about in the recently-released book "Unfiltered: The Complete Ralph Bakshi".

Actually I several of the female characters in the Dragon Ball series quite attractive. In addition to Bulma, there's Chi-Chi, L(a)unch, #18, and Videl.

9. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

I still think that would've made interesting movie. Hell, I say get Tobe Hooper to direct Bakshi's original.

Why Tobe Hooper? I don't know, it's just that the guy does alot of crazy and disturbing Horror films and Bakshi's original vision of Cool World fits the bill.

10. garfield15

Animenia cometh

His Animenia theme song is nice

The AMV song with Azumanga Daioh was hilarious

So, who else wants to re-watch RahXephon after seeing that AMV

11. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Just saw, definately agree with him about AMVs. They're good if done well.

12. BrendaBat

BrendaBat WTF!?

So far, all the new people on That Guy's site are really funny. And its cool to always see fresh content on the site. :)

Mr. Suede is a lot of fun. As much as I love That Guy With The Glasses, its nice to have an equally talented anime geek doing videos on the site (even if he did start off as a shameless rip-off).

13. garfield15

Have any of you guys seen the rest of the spoony one's vids? They are freakin' hilarious. I mean better than the AVGN hilarious (he does video games like FMV's and stuff) And his website is even better. He has full page reviews of movies that he does and doesn't like and they are so good, I wish that they would become videos. For instance, he did a report on "Akira." Now I'm one who will defend that movie to my death but after reading the review and the way he tore into it, I seriously couldn't stop laughing (especially with his comment of Tokyo blowing up is the equivalent of "It was a dark and stormy night). However, I would advise him to check out the new dub to avoid the accent problem the old dub had.

Follow that dude in the suede's and the NC's advice and check out the spoony one. He's awesome.

14. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Actually Spooney has been my favorite of the bunch of these internet mini-celebrities that's been popping up for a while now; I'm glad to see he's getting more exposure (with hopeful a bit less of the massive TMI moments like in the 'make my video' video).

15. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Where are his vids again? I like to see them.

16. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Why would he need to be? He doesn't need to know any of that in order to give the film a good, nostalgic review.

17. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Here and he also has a YouTube account.

18. Movie06

Movie06 Active Member

Ah, thank you. Say, does he have any plans to do more video reviews on various movies?

19. Draft

Draft Active Member

got around to watching the other users

GYMDK was too weird for me. Plus he's french. But That Dude in the Suede is great, even though i'm not a big anime geek. didn't like the spoony Guy intro (except the Govonator Soundtrack), but the FMV video was great (Suede is still the best tho)

Edit: Nevermind, Spoony is the best. His videos on his site are great, and are pretty long (one lasts a full 1/2 hour!), and is still able to keep up the NC/AVGN pace. Sometimes they do run a little too long and sometimes the jokes aren't as great, but I think he's going to be the next big Online Reviewer

#679 Draft, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  20. Master Moron

Master Moron Active Member

Looks like the Nostalgia Critic finally fixed his videos. I don't know what he did, but I can watch them now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.