1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Guy With the Glasses" Talkback 15 (Warning Strong Language)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

While browsing the site, I noticed that a certain "watcher" was no longer listed as a contributor to the site. Does anyone know what happened? A miracle :confused:

2. Beat

Beat Retired

Apparently the site let him go last month, and he made a video to clarify.

Seeing as the Distressed Watcher was to be frank, an unfunny idiot, I can say I'm sad to see this at all.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

He was by far the most despised person on the site, but I thought he had some kind of ironclad deal. They've let some people go due to inactivity (Goggles) or due to mismatch of interests (a puppet show was on the site for a while, which no one watched). Did they boot DW out for his unpopularity, or what?

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Allow me to straighten you out as you have some details wrong.

- First off, Goggles was not let go due to inactiivy. She was busy with her own life and voluntarily quit the site late 2010, going into effect early 2011. In fact a good amount of the former contributors quit themselves instead of being fired. Little Miss Gamer quit wanting to pursue a career in puppetry, Lordkat quit to go work at Justin.tv since he was tired of making his regular until we win show (though he's still friends with people on the site since he still works on stuff with Nash, Skitch and others. Not to mention he still talks with them on skype quite often), Apollo Z Hack quit because... well it's a long story that involves the large production of his Reviewaverse show, relationship difficultes he was having with one of the members, and rumors he had head about the production of Suburban Knights. But honestly inactivity isn't a reason TGWTG will let you go if you let them know of the reason why you'll be inactive for a certain period. As shown by Suede leaving then coming back.

- The Puppet show was Transalyvaina Television and yeah they were let go. I think they just wanted some more exposure for their series anyway and they and the Jewish Guy's contracts were not renewed and eventually left the site. The only other people were let go were Fool Fantastic (who had a three episode trial run that failed so he wasn't even an offical member just one who failed his trail run) That Aussie Guy (No one's given an exact reason but it's been assumed due to spreading rumors about the Channel Awesome members and trying to ruin the reputation of the site he was kicked off June 2009) and two others....

- Mike Ellis and of course the Distressed watcher. Why mention them together? Because the former's firing is eventually the reason why the later was let go. Based on what DW said in his youtube video he was friends with Ellis once DW was on the site who would often joke with him and talk some smack about some of the other contributors. (Like Linkara for instance). Eventually Ellis was let go in August 2010 and since he was a CEO of Channel Awesome and one of the original founders I presume it was more then just talking bad of people, but they haven't exactly said why. Anyway after Ellis was let go TJ eventually found his videos getting a "lower" placing then they normally did on the schedule. See on most daily TGWTG you get seven new videos. And DW (aka TJ) said his was always like 4 or 5 out of 5 or 6. And then they started becoming 5 or 6 out of 6 or 7. And because they were getting a lower placing, the views were apparently dropping some. Which dosen't really make sense to me as if you liked the guy you would of seen his videos anyway and watched them as it dosen't matter whose really placed on the schedule, but that's the story he stuck with.

And with the lower views he started to become lazier with his weekly videos and started putting less and less effort into them and thus the quality started to noticably drag. Ones that not only noted him less views but also more hate and flames. Channel Awesome actually had to stop him from uploading one of his planned videos (Top 10 gayest music videos) due to the fear that video would get him flammed by pretty much everyone. That along with commerical companies not wanting to put their ads in TJ's vids eventually led to him getting fired. He was actually let go in July but had till September to post videos and even explain to everyone what happened and promote his new site (that he wants to make to compete with TGWTG) but due to disinterest he stopped making videos in July and a couple of weeks ago his videos disappeared off the site. so yeah that's the story of what happened to him more or less.

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

A TGWTG ripoff site with Distressed Watcher as head. Yikes. It would die a dog's death. I hope he actually has given up.

6. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

7. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Went on longer than it should have, but here's the new thread.

This one's closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.