1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Guy With the Glasses" Talkback 14 (Warning Strong Language)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kind of liked the Nostalgia Chick's take on Newsies. I've never seen the movie myself, but I did get a few laughs from her finding young Christian Bale adorable, poking fun at the over acting and how Disney made a musical based off a time where starting a union could lead to people being killed. I kind of like how she just lists out her points since it feels like she's having more fun than when trying to create a storyline. I thought the defeat of Dark Nella was a bit too easy and it felt a bit rushed, but I was never a huge fan of the storyline. Unlike the storyline for Linkara's videos, which I do agree can go on for a bit too long, I couldn't really get into the Dark Nella saga. Maybe it just felt too odd for me, but I just went with it.

2. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'm probably going to be the odd-girl out, but I liked the Dark Nella Saga. I'm only going to assume this is attributed to my like for Nella in general because I usually don't care for the ongoing sagas of whatever the various video makers do. I do agree it should not have lasted as long as it should have, but devil's advocate, this is one of those very rare exceptions.

Also, Newsies. *fangirl squeal* :D

3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

4. Vanitas

Vanitas Member

It explains why he wouldn't leave it to his daughter, but to a pig!? How does that even work?

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Because the pig saved the grandson from drowning and became a hero mascot. And also you can hear what he said if you listen really hard for about 5 seconds.

.... Look really you're actually trying to find a reasonable excuse for what happens in this movie? You are fighting a losing battle my friend.

Wow, and here Beastmaster 2 looked like a ridicolous medival fish out of water story and then something with as much bad special effects and vulgarity comes out. It's like someone in the 80's found out about Your Highness and Thor, had 50 dollars, created his own fantasy in about 5 minutes and made a movie about it. Lot of great bits here from Spoony talking about his expierenc with libraries, trumpters that play whenever someone enters the throne room, how to tell the two brothers apart, Spoony not wanting to have to deal with something that reminds him of that other movie he just took on, him thinking at first the brother attacked the black guy out of race and then realized it could of been a "I'm in your way" thing, how they didn't bother stopping time in the second fight, how it would of been over if they just cut the wizard's head off, the brother's turn making more sense then Anakin in the prequals, the final ridicolous fight and the ending gag. I think all those commerical jokes went on a bit too long for this particular review but I have to admit though it was funny.

Here's something interesting though. Remember the part of the review where

That's actually not as much of a joke as you'd think and is the perfect lead in for...

6. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

The closed. Go here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.