1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Guy With the Glasses" Talkback 13 (Warning Strong Language)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

10: Cars: As far as Pixar films goes, this ranks #7 on my list, beating out Ratatoullie, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, and A Bug's Life. I can still watch it and be entertained.

9: Gladiator: Didn't see it, but I have been planning to.

8: American Pie: I enjoyed it. Sure it was over abundant sex joke after another, but that was kind of the point. I also enjoy 2 and 3. The DTV can go burn in a fire for all I care.

7: Avatar: I'll give him this one. Avatar does have a generic plot, and it's mostly an art film, showing off how well they can use Computer Generated Imagery, and the 3D as well.

6: With Honors: I... didn't even know this film existed in the first place.

5: Signs: The fact that this movie was done by M. Night, and it's love surprises me. But then again, the only film I did like that he directed was Sixth Sense.

4: Nell: See "With Honors." for my opinion on this film

3: Matilda: Saw this as a kid. I thought it was pretty dark, but it was a nice kind of dark that it wasn't nightmare fuel for me.

2: District 9: My family RedBox the movie, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Sure the metaphor for this was lost on me before I researched it, but it still didn't ruin my enjoyment of the film.

1: Moulin Rouge: Never saw it.

Looking forward to seeing what movies he likes that everyone hates.

2. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the movies in the list were Bay's Transformers.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

4. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

For being out in the snow for hours on end, Chester remained remarkably well-dusted. ;P

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

6. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

This was pretty fun. Can't wait to see if there's a conclusion in the works.

Plus

7. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

Everybody knows both those guys were only allowed to Captain star ships simply because Sisko was too busy that day to slap them around and take there ships from them.

8. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Well, The Chick's Kirk vs. picard vid was far better than her Dune review. The debate was the most interesting aspect, while the attempts at humor failed.

Although, I did like the Chick was wearing glasses. She looks far better with those. :anime:

As for the debate itself, I found it alright. It seemed rather biased towards Picard, portraying him as a high-minded intellectual, while Kirk is painted as some womanizing buffoon. Still, there were a few valid points.

Also, I'm surprised Nella didn't bring up Picard's Dogmatism in regards to the Prime Directive. Picard blindly followed a directive not to interfere with other species, even if it meant trying to save them from extinction. The whole point of the PD was to protect primative cultures from exploitation. But 24th Century Starfleet uses it to justify cowardice, having no middle ground for instances in which interference would not only save lifes, but also prevent extinction.

Kirk never blindly followed his orders, he broke the rules if it meant saving life. Picard comes off as blindly following orders. That's not heroic.

Ok, very true. But even Sisko looked up to Kirk,

9. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Honestly, I was expecting Spoony to come in at the end and declare Captain John Sheridan to be the best.

10. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

Had to share this.

[​IMG]
    He's come twice to the University of Connecticut for the free convention "Ucon @ Uconn" and I've been to both of his panels

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Sweet! What are the two of them like in real life? And, is that actually Tommy Wiseau's autograph on the poster?

12. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

The two of them are really chill and a couple of cool guys. And yes, that is Tommy's signature.

13. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's a funny thing when you're talking at work and one of your co-workers brings up TGWTG talent. Specifically, we discussed Spoony's videos. Always makes things seem more 'real' when people away from the computer discuss these things.

14. GregX

GregX Active Member

That's what I would have done.

[​IMG]

15. Gatomon41

Someone needs to throw in Bright Noa :p

16. Gatomon41

17. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator