1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Guy With the Glasses" Talkback 13 (Warning Strong Language)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

He's The Nostalgia Critic: He remembers it so we don't have to!

He does it all. Reviews crappy movies (even if they're good, decent, so-so), picks a fight with a game reviewing icon and still has time to make movies that are 5 seconds (1 minute) long!

Then of course we have other entertainers such as The Nostalgia Chick who reviews bad shows/movies for the female demograph since the Critic is well a man.

While she didn't make it as a Nostalgia Chick, she reviews animation, video games and japanese type entertainment. Those who think that "Men Are From Marz, Women Are From Venus", Marzgirl would like to have a word with them.

Disclaimer: It's important to note that the videos are for satire purpose thus not a full out complaint.

Those videos and more can be found on thatguywiththeglasses.com.

Related Threads:
    - Previous Talkback

- Linkara's Atop The Fourth Wall Talkback

2. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

Might as well start since this has bugged me.

Where does NC get that evil laugh track from?

3. CR!

CR! New Member

4. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

Ah thanks. No wonder it sounded familiar.

5. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I'm glad he acknowledged that 'He never knew when to quit' was a genuinely good gag. It's one of the few things I remember from the film.

I'm also glad he's seemingly taking this themed month in a seemingly comedic route. I've said before that I don't really like it when he puts his audience on alert with screamers and such. Speaking of, I agree he did a good job at calling out the movie's attempts at that tactic. "He's on the bed...he's on the bed.." indeed.

I wonder if he'll review the rest of the series, like Slamdunk Ernest and Camp Ernest?

Oh and if you want a scary Ernest moment, check the character's Wiki photo- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ernest_P._Worrell.jpg

6. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

#6 Chaotix12345, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
  7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

That Guy Riffs: Mr. Bungle. This is definitely my favorite "That Guy Riffs" so far. Most every joke hit the mark.

"He put his hands on the cake; CRUCIFY HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!"

8. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

I slight correction regarding the Ernest Scared Stupid review. Doug said that it was the last movie in the series to be released theatrically. Actually, Ernest Scared Stupid was the last one to be released by Touchstone/Disney (the rest of the movies were released independently). The actual last "Ernest" movie to be released in theaters was Ernest Rides Again from 1993

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. I kept on laughing from the puppet scene through most of the lunchroom details. The message was just so weird, as was constantly bringing up Mr. Bungle in like every other sentence at least. It's hard for me to remember a scene where I wasn't breaking out in laughter and hoping that I wasn't going to wake up anyone who had already fallen asleep.

10. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Well, Snob is in top form as always, Its just, well, I feel really ecky, like I just read the Necronomicon and Cthulhu just ate me whole and spat me out. :crying:

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

That episode of That Guy Riffs was hilarious. "Thou shall not Bungle." :D It was easy though, that film was hilarious in it's own right. Also, it's like a cross between color and sepia tone. It's like someone crossed the frames from Wizard of Oz and filmed this.:sweat: I wish Rob was in more episodes of, well, anything. He's almost as funny as Doug.

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

The newest NC Is up. The NC Counts down the Top 11 Scariest Preformences as another speical Halloween Episode. What will be on the list? Find out...Now.

http://nostalgiacritic.blip.tv/file/4237479/

#12 Neo Ultra Mike, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
  13. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

14. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Nice list. For some reason, I kept thinking that Lawrence Olivier as Dr. Szell would pop up eventually, but this expectation was unmet. This is alright by me.

Pleasantly surprised though that Lecter was at a low spot of the list, and was more for his performance on Red Dragon than Lambs. Kinda interesting and a bit fitting really, since I did enjoy the former quite a bit and saw him to be quite scary, although Ralph Fiennes was just as much. A Manhunter reference would have been quite well-suited for this though.

I did like the return of a scared yelp which first surfaced in the Batman Old vs. New.

15. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of Jack Torrance (played by Jack Nicholson, of course) in The Shining. I mean, he gets a bit hammy at times, but there's some scenes - all those times he just stares, for one, and that one with Danny that just weirds the hell out of me every time - that are incredibly unsettling.

Otherwise, though, definitely a solid list.

16. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

17. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

JesuOtaku presents DeathNote...in 5 seconds.

Oh, it appears JO was assimilated into the D-Reaper, thus delaying her updating schedule. :sweat:

18. Vegard Aune

Vegard Aune Member

What, she already showed that in a previous video. Besides, she's supposedly being let out tomorrow in order to give us something... *coughitcan'tpossiblybethezerotworeviewcough*

19. Robin2099

Robin2099 Active Member

I'm surprised that Jack Torrence and Freddy Krueger both didn't make the list. Freddy may have been cheapened a little bit with the crappy sequels but there's no doubt that Robert Englund didn't scare the crap out of people as Freddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.