1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tex Avery's MGM Unit

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Jinxey77, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Jinxey77

Jinxey77 New Member

I have a few questions regarding the Avery unit

Why did Irv Spence leave this unit (around 1942 - 1943) to join the Hanna-Barbera Unit?

Was there a falling out between Avery and Preston Blair to make Blair want to direct his own cartoons?

What was the last cartoon Tex directed before his break in 1950 and what was his first cartoon when he came off his sabbatical?

Why did Ray Patterson leave the Hanna-Barbera Unit to join the Avery unit?

I know I'll get some criticism for this last point....
    His gags were so far out it makes me wonder if he was ever under the influence of anything lol

2. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

I cant answer this because I don't know about MGM toons, sorry. Maybe, @Cool_Cat or @Daffyrocks may be able to answer.

3. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Tex also made cartoons in 1951, 1952, 1953 etc. I know he had a year's sabbatical from MGM beginning in 1950 (to recover from overwork), but I don't know the last cartoon before and the first after, unfortunately

4. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

@Daffyrocks, how do you have the links on the bottom of every post, is there a way to edit your profile to do so?

5. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Seriously? Don't you know about the user's signature? Why do you put such stupid questions?

6. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Sorry, I don't know these stuffs.