1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrorist attacks in Western Europe

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by GWOtaku, Jan 7, 2015.

1. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

I agree it is tough, but you have to start at destroying the training centers and taking away the resources that these terrorists have. If these supporters that are scattered all around the world don't have the leaders feeding them the money and resources to do this horrible things I think a lot of this will stop. Will it ever go away completely I highly doubt it because as soon as one terrorist group falls apart another group of crazy people will form. It is a sad world we live in today.

2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm very confused: Yesterday they said two brothers blew themselves up and they're looking for a third person (in this photo):

[​IMG]

This morning they said they caught the third person.

Now they're saying...the third person was who blew himself up and they're looking for the brothers?!?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I don't know who came up with that, but here in Belgium we still get to hear that they're looking for the third person with the fisherman cap.

Flemish kids channel Ketnet explained in their news bulletin ''Karrewiet'' what happened two days ago, why it happened and how we should deal with it. It has been recommended to let your children watch it.

I don't know if this has already been announced officially, but within a few days there should be 2 check-ins available again at Brussels Airport :)

4. wonderfly

Okay, sorry, it had become confusing. But this news report spells it out pretty well:

From that article:

What is known of the men suspected of direct involvement in Tuesday’s attacks:
    • Ibrahim El Bakraoui, one of two brothers involved, is believed to be one of two suicide bombers who died at the airport.
    • Najim Laachraoui, an ISIS explosives expert believed to have built the bombs used in both the Paris and Brussels attacks, was the other suicide bomber who died at the airport. He and Ibrahim El Bakraoui are believed to be the men seen in a surveillance photo pushing luggage carts and wearing solitary black gloves that may have masked detonators.
    • A mystery man dressed in white, wearing a dark hat and possibly a disguise who has not been identified was also seen pushing a cart in the surveillance photo. He is believed to have placed a bomb at the airport and fled the scene. Authorities are looking for him.
    • Khalid El Bakraoui, the brother of Ibrahim El Bakraoui, is believed to have died in a suicide blast at the Maelbeek Metro station 79 minutes after the airport attack.
    • A second man seen with Khalid El Bakraoui and carrying a large bag at the Metro station is believed to have been an accomplice. Police are trying to determine if he is a suspect who was arrested Thursday night. His identity has not been revealed.

So that clears things up rather well, for me, anyway...

And, in breaking news (also mentioned in that link above), there appear to be some raids occurring in Belgium right now...

5. Red Arrow :D

John Kerry was in Belgium today. His speech was in French and Dutch. I don't know why, but this cheered me up a bit :)

6. Red Arrow :D

Something like this can only happen in Belgium...
    07:58 suicide bombings in Brussels Airport (which is located in Flanders)
    08:50 Flemish government forces the government of Brussels to evacuate all metro stations, but no one listens
    09:11 suicide bombings in the metro of Brussels

And now the government of Brussels is saying they didn't get the message...
    All those people wouldn't have died if our government wasn't divided like this.

In other news: the third bomb of Brussels Airport didn't explode entirely. It was supposed to destroy the entire building.

7. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

That would of been quite a nightmarish scenario, so that is why one of the 3 survived he probably wasn't expecting for a dud bomb, still thank goodness it did not went off.

8. wonderfly

I'm curious what most in Brussels think of this wave of Anti-Immigrant protests that broke out a couple days ago:

9. Red Arrow :D

Anti-immigrant protests? Huh? There were immigrants in it!

They're just European football hooligans. These people are just breaking things because they're mad at IS, like the rest of Belgium isn't mad at IS :rolleyes: This is just an excuse to destroy everything, to show nazi salutes and to shout which football team is the best.

If they would REALLY care about what happened in Brussels, then they wouldn't have destroyed those flower bouquets...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#49 Red Arrow :D, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. Red Arrow :D

Trump said that ''living in Brussels is like living in a hell hole right now''. No, it's not xD

The people of Brussels are now tweeting pictures of Brussels with #hellhole :D
    [​IMG]

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

12. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'm curious on this point. Trump and others in the North American media are making this point, that Brussels and other European cities are filled with crime that stems from migrants, that jihadists are everywhere, and that the media and governments are refusing to report on it. Is there are any truth to any of this? Those are pretty serious charges.

13. Red Arrow :D

I'd say Brussels is safer than most American cities. I haven't seen any jihadists so far, but yeah, that doesn't mean they aren't there.
    European media makes it look like all Americans are just shooting at each other with all those school attacks every week or so xD
    My mom doesn't dare to visit the US because she doesn't want to die yet.

14. wonderfly

So what you're saying is: it kinda goes both ways.

Because all I hear is that there are sections of European cities that have become "Muslim Caliphates" - places where the Muslim populations have their own laws and they don't have to obey the laws the rest of the country does. The mantra is: because Europeans are so hellbent on tolerance and showing how loving they are, they don't notice the homicidal maniacs growing in presence all around them...

An exaggeration, probably, but so is what's being said about U.S. cities, I'm sure...

Here's an article on Trump and his comments on London (which I think is what Spideyzilla was referring to...)

15. Red Arrow :D

I'm glad you guys think we're so tolerant and loving xD
    But no, immigrants are actually treated inhumanly in most European countries. All immigrants wants to go to the UK, Germany or Sweden because those countries do care about them.

Anyway, Molenbeek is not a muslim caliphate. Yes, most people speak Arabic over there, but that's not because we're so tolerant and all that. It is more complicated than you think.

(simplified explanation below :v:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. wonderfly

Well yeah, as far as the UK goes, that's what I'm saying about the loving and tolerance - look what it gets you: people beheaded in the streets.

17. Red Arrow :D

The thing is... the UK is an island. It is almost impossible for immigrants to cross the British ''borders''. That's why the UK was always able to be so ''tolerant and loving''.

Most European countries already had strict laws and reglementations about immigrants long before the Syrian war started, but the UK never had to, you know, until now. The British politicians are still optimistic noobs when it comes to immigration, but I guess that is about to change.

18. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Let's remember that Brussels terrorists, the Paris shooters and the guy who committed that beheading were all born in either Belgium, France or England. None of them were immigrants. Homegrown terrorism seems to be the most disturbing problem here. As ISIS continues to be bombed in the Middle East, who's to say homegrown terrorists in various other countries won't commit attacks as retaliation for the bombings? I'm Canadian, and the new Trudeau government has brought in 25,000 refugees already, and aims to allow 25,000 more. Here in Ottawa, we had an incident two years ago where a soldier was shot to death at the War Memorial by a jihadist who then ran to Parliament Hill to try and kill the PM. Is allowing these refugees in a good idea? I'm starting to seriously question it. Suppose just ten of them are terrorists masquerading as refugees?

19. wonderfly

At least 80 dead in Nice, France.

The terrorist drove a truck through a crowd of people. He was also armed to the teeth, and there are reports he was shooting at the crowd while he was driving.

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

This stuff just keeps going to record heights of extreme, this guy being even more extreme by running over others.