1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrorist attacks in Western Europe

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by GWOtaku, Jan 7, 2015.

1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

It's time to take the damn fight to those pucks in ISIS and wipe them off the face of the earth once and for all.

2. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'm sorry you have to put up with this crap, too, France - you always seemed so peaceful. Faizing terrorists!! GGGGGRRRRR.

However, we also can't ignore that there are plans to go to war over this..... Do we even have the resources to waste doing this?! Realistically... NO. Not without worldwide support (As in, not because America said "we gotta do this, despite how our own people are struggling from the money we waste on this by ourselves!"). Yeah, I'm going there with this, because while justice must be served, I need to - out of my distrust that America will do this effectively and/or efficiently - we don't need another Iraq / Afghanistan (we failed ROYALLY in those two places!).

I can already see this ending up like the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns if America does put troops on the ground (as in, not ending well and being a royal drain on the economy, the people, and everything that matters, besides lives affected by all of this in need of avenging...).
    I know we need to do something about ISIS, most certainly we do! I just feel we Americans CANNOT be the only ones doing it, either.

Seriously, how many more civil rights are we going to faizing give up for safety and security that isn't nor wasn't ever there - and I'm not just talking America and this freaking stupid Patriot Act / NSA / TSA garbage - I'm talking other nations who are acting on fear (which is what the terrorists want (and are winning because of!), hence why America is losing royally, besides other nations that should know faizing better.), rather than rational thought by enacting such... fascist (cowardly) laws to "protect" and "watch over" the people.

Look - I so want to see ISIS dealt with like anyone else, but not if it means promoting fascism in areas that don't experience terrorism on a grand scale, unlike nations with unstable and weak governments like those in the Middle East or most of Africa (how we continue to ignore these good people makes me quite enraged!).

TL;DR... I want to see ISIS dealt with for this, but not at the unnecessary continued expense of our privacy and civil rights. All kneejerk reactions that come from doing so are what the terrorists need to really win, and so far - they have, judging by how fascist America has become toward the very people we've sworn to protect from people like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #22 I.R. Shokew, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

As expected, these terrorists lived in Flanders, but no one knows where they are now.
    There are about 800 Belgian muslim extremists and 700 of them are currently either death or still fighting in Syria or Iraq. (It is hard to find out if they are still alive)

The Flemish government is obviously doing everything wrong. Many of our taxes go to ''poor'' muslim extremists :sweat:
    I don't know how, but the Netherlands really knows how to integrate their immigrants. I can understand Dutch immigrants perfectly, but I don't understand a word of most Belgian immigrants.

#23 Red Arrow :D, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

While I am sad, it's funny how Americans are so paranoid about the attack yet they happen every day in Third World countries but the media never mention them. This shows that the media has a Western bias. I am starting to think that Americans just don't care about developing countries and think of them as "hotbeds of terrorism". What I want is for the US to get rid of the Western bias and not think of countries by stereotypes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

This is true and its sad. And lets remember that many of the attacks to these third world countries have been done by the US or other western countries. We could go forever about this subject and the different causes and"justifications" but in the end, I think these terrorist attacks are the results of how terribly some issues have been handled through the years and it is obviously related to this "western bias" and sadly, they've screwed it up so badly that I dont think theres a good solution anymore :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

There wouldn't be any terrorist hotbeds if the US kept their trash here where it belongs, instead of picking fights with "good intentions" everywhere to hide from the fact that this gov't has screwed up the nation far beyond repair - so much that not even revolt (lovely as it sounds) will fix everything.

We're wasting our resources on war - yet the real wars are here in the US (education, healthcare, business, media of all types, minorities, gender, LGBTQ, wealth equality - issues worth being mad over because they're all being handled poorly, while wasting money on terrorists we created for ourselves to distract us from the truth.).

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hope you don't mind, Wonderfly, but I tweaked the topic title. At first I thought that France had ANOTHER terrorist attack but it's the same topic from a month ago, bumped.

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

#28 wonderfly, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  9. wonderfly

To @Red Arrow :D - let us know you're okay, if you can. Sounds like all of Belgium is on lockdown today.

10. Red Arrow :D

My dad and nephew work at Brussels Airport, but they are okay.
    The ceiling of a departure hall has collapsed completely.

This will probably lead to the separation of Belgium. Flemish nationalists are going to use this to their advantage. They'll convince everyone that you can't trust anyone outside Flanders.

#30 Red Arrow :D, Mar 22, 2016
  11. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

Just awful news. My thoughts go out to all the families of the victims in Brussels as well as for the Country of Belgium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

My goodness this is awful, the Paris attacker was caught the other day, yet another wave of terrorist attack Belgium now, it really is frightening to see how they want to inflict pain on the innocent.

13. The Great Gazoo

These terrorists have no souls at all. They prey on whoever no matter how innocent the people are. The need to be dealt with and dealt with hard. That means armies from all over the world need to unite and come together to send a message to them and destroy them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Red Arrow :D

They used nail bombs to create more victims.

There will be 3 days of national mourning.

EDIT: Wait, why is the gun yellow? :sweat:

#34 Red Arrow :D, Mar 22, 2016
  15. wonderfly

I put that image in a spoiler box, Red Arrow, as it's a little risque, but I understand the context behind the image.

16. Red Arrow :D

Okay, I had accidentically removed the spoiler tags by editing the post, but I've put them back.

17. The Great Gazoo

Just saw you are located in Belgium. Please stay safe and keep us updated. Know that the people in America are thinking about you all.

18. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

19. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Absolutely deplorable.

20. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Much easier said than done. This isn't like past conflicts where the enemy was conveniently gathered in one place or one country. ISIS is scattered all over the place. How do you get rid of every last cockroach in New York? You don't.