1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by PapaGreg, Oct 3, 2014.

?

How would you rate the Third Season of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?"

1. *****

62.5%
  2. ****1/2

12.5%
  3. ****

12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

12.5%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Our heroes are in hiding in the third season premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

[​IMG]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    #301 - "Within The Woods"

The team tries to deal with the possibility that Leo will not get better; a new mutant captures Raphael.

What did you think of the third season premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

For me, personally I thought this was pretty good, I liked the Friday The 13th vibe from the series and Leo recovering. Also the Turtles never looked right without their masks and Seth Greens voice fits more with Casey than Leo

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So they written in Leo's new voice, that is interesting. Ironic the season 3 premere the same day of Korra Book 4 premere and Leo is in the same place of Korra, feeling useless and depresed.

Anyway this was a nice sort of breather episode, the turtles aren't going to be ready to take back the city just like that, it is going to take some time. But not 3 years, ha ha ha.

3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Well beyond the slasher references (Jason Voorhees in particular) the Creep seems to be in part inspired by the Bloodsucker (and the River story line) from the original Mirage comics.

4. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Seth Green's Leo sounds pretty weird, sounds like a really sick Chris Griffin. Great opener either way, I liked the situation Raph was in.

5. Kimsicle

Kimsicle Guest

Can someone link the episode? =S

6. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I figure the Creep being mutated plants is also an homage to The Heap, Man-Thing and Swamp Thing.

How the shell does that thing turn Raph into a plant creature, suck out all his mutagen and reduce him to a flower? Then more importantly how can Donatello take the flower and turn it back into Raphael? Man he sure has gotten good at undoing mutations. That said, it was really stupid of him to make that mutagen medicine but not as stupid as it was for Leonardo to carry it with him and then drop it even if he was really out of it at the time.

Gonna take a while to get used to Seth Green as Leonardo, since they said he was out for 3 months I'd have believed his voice went through puberty instead of that explanation that getting hit in the voice box did it.

I loved the allusions to the comics and the first movie's adaptation of the turtles recovery period.

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

This was a pretty good Friday the 13th homage
    especially Jason's early days

8. Jay

Jay The Greatest American Hero

I have to get use to leo's voice.

9. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

The entire opening homage was classic.

10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Seth gets Leo's personality right.

11. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

I have faith Andrea Romano will direct him well to get the personality correct, but man his voice is quite jarring compared to s1/2

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

If Donatello can fix Raphael, can't he fix Ice Cream Cat?

13. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

I'm guessing Donatello has to use mutagen to create his antidotes and he's saving it for sentient victims, like April's Dad or Mutagen Man, rather than a random stray cat. That and Mikey probably likes Ice Cream Kitty better that way.

An excellent opener to the Northampton Arc, though I wish we could've taken a couple of weeks off to let the situation sink in a little. I hope April's journal becomes a recurring framing device, if only for this story arc. The turtles' new favorite cartoon looks like Thundarr with some He-Man thrown in the mix. Leo's new voice will take a little getting used to, but right now it definitely fits with a more tired, injured Leonardo.

I thought the episode itself was a very solid "Cabin in the Woods" story and The Creep made for a very intimidating antagonist, though I'm not sure why Raph became dog-like and then a plant when he was drained of mutagen. I'm also really not sold on how quickly Donatello cured Raphael or the fact that the resolution happened entirely off-screen.

Still, a great opener to the season.

14. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

[MENTION=65151]Kimsicle[/MENTION] Nickelodeon's website has the episode. If you have the right internet company that Nickelodeon supports, you can watch it now. Otherwise, I'd recommend itunes.

15. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I don't care if Mikey like Ice Cream Kitty better that way that poor cat needs to be changed back.
    Donnie should've been working on making more retro-mutagen after the first batch.

16. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Right now that cat is like number 3,087 on their priority list.

17. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

[​IMG]

#302 - "Enemy of My Enemy"

Premieres: Friday, October 10th, 2014 at 7:00pm ET/PT on Nickelodeon

Donatello discovers and befriends Bigfoot who is being hunted by a collector. Donatello then convinces the others to help protect it.

Comments?

Note: A talkback thread was not put up by regular board members, so I quickly put this together for any discussion. Please edit as necessary.

18. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

The ending was so just creppy. But as long as they are happy. It looks like April was clueless on Donnie's feelings for her, and not getting what he was trying to say. I thought she knew that in the season 2 finale.

19. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

This episode was mostly filler. It was pretty silly compared to the shows' usual fare. I hope that the Turtles, April and Casey don't spend too many more episodes in the woods, as it may grow tiresome if overdone. Also, the Bigfoot bathroom joke I could have done without.

Regarding April/Donnie, I'm kinda with Raph on this one; I'd like to see Donnie get the point and move on. It's clear that April doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but a romance between a human and talking mutant turtle isn't going to go anywhere. In this instance, I think that the 2003 TMNT series handled April and Don's relationship better, where they had brother/sister twins type of relationship.

20. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

This episode SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED, the villain was crappy and lame, the love triangle was annoying as crap, and bigfoot sucked as a supporting character

Also a little off topic but expect Hun to come back

[​IMG]