1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Rate and Comment on the fifth season of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!"

1. *****

75.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

25.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yup and I got to work on one of the last episodes. It's something I'll say that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

3. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Wow. Silence on the end of the Yojimbo arc? Overall, I gotta say I've really enjoyed this arc. I like how everything takes place in Usagi's dimension and it's basically one big quest. All the characters are pretty well developed and there are some great fights as well.

It was a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Woops, I forgot to post my thoughts on the individual episodes so I'll just post what I posted elsewhere altogether.

'Yojimbo':
    This was actually done way later in the season, production was the last one before the final arc of the show. Should be the first team Donatello episode that's aired so far. Team purple episodes are the ones I helped out on the least but I think I did some revions on this one.

Real fun episode that I would have liked to work on in theory, but I remember there was a lot of issues with new sets, characters, props, etc. Also so many shots with lots of characters probably meant slowed down machines. Add horses to the mix, it would still have been fun but yeah what a hassle that would be.

Usagi is always fun to see show up in TMNT, and he's great here too. He's a great warrior, cool design, and he's shown in a good way here. Kintaro I found annoying but in an intentional way, he was funny too and even kinda cute in that way pugs are. The turtles didn't stay under mind control long but they looked cool in the darkness with the white eyes and a nice little fight with Usagi.

The climax was a lot of fun though with the extended fight on horseback over the forest and mountain terrain. Real neat stuff that I tip my hat to team Donnie on that.

'Osoroshi no Tabi':
    Not a lot to say on this episode. I enjoyed it though, if nothing else it was cool to see actual Japanese mythical creatures, like tenuki and jorogumo. Now if we got wanyudo in this episode we'd be set.

Team Bebop worked their stuff on this episode. I remember i did help out on this one a little bit. The thing I remember was the tenuki with Raphael's head, I didn't know the context of it and the textures weren't on so I thought he was just wearing a bear costume.

'Kagayake! Kintaro':
    Cool enough end that I had some issues with from a story perspective. Anyway this was production wise the last team Mikey episode. They did great and I know it wasn't easy with all the ponchos, they were a hassle to deal with.

I enjoyed the mountain pass fight sequence with the snow cat ninjas. I got flashbacks to the Caradhras scene from fellowship of the ring. The final fight was pretty good too. I had a slight issue with kintaros change of heart, I did see that they did little things to show he was warming up to him, yet he's threatening to have one of the boys to have his head chopped off. I wouldn't have minded that in the last two episodes but it slightly annoyed me here.

But the bigger issue I had was his sudden use of magic. I figured we'd see it with him being the golden child but just a few hints of it would have been nice. But I appreciated the fact he just didn't totally solve it with his magic. Also it was nice to see that Jei's mind control wasn't so easily defeated as it looked in episode 1 of the arc. I figured his visions in previous episodes were just him messing with them externally but he still had his claws in deeper.

Overall I enjoyed it but I think it needed the fourth part more. Would have given the adventure have a more epic feel since we are traveling to a whole new world, and it would have been nice to see more of a bond with usagi and Leo, and even more opportunity to see more yokai like oni. Overall I enjoyed it and too bad they didn't get Usagi in sooner in the shows run. I would have rather that than all those farm episodes lol.

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I finally watched the Usagi Yojimbo trilogy and those were great episodes. The second part was the weakest as I felt it took away from the main story a little too much. The first and third parts were really great and are up there as my favorite episodes of the entire series. The action was superb. Each fight scene was intense and amazing. I really liked the coloring they used for the final fight with Usagi and Jei. Some of the best animated TMNT episodes ever without a doubt. I'm just loving this seaosn. Did you work on any of these episodes, Wonderwall?

6. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Do you mean in general or the Usagi arc? The episodes I animated full on were 'The Forgotten Swordsman', 'When Worlds Collide pt.1, and the first episode of the final arc.

As for the Usagi arc I only helped out in the layout and primary phase I think of the first two episodes. Also some fixes after the final animation phase.

7. Chaos160

Chaos160 Occasional Member

I enjoyed the episode Lone Rat and Cubs, but I've noticed a slight inconsistency in this episode.

Young Leo was voiced by Seth Green, but Leo only had that voice because Shredder damaged his vocal cords in the Season 2 finale The Invasion.

Since Lone Rat and Cubs obviously takes place before The Invasion, they should've brought back Jason Biggs, or even Dominic Catrambone to voice young Leo for story consistency.

Just a minor nitpick, but a great episode regardless.

By the way Wonderwall, do you think a full production order list of this season could be provided somewhere down the line? If not, that's okay.

#68 Chaos160, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  8. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

So Splinter knew about the Kraang all along. Interesting. This was a really fun episode and a nice little origin to what would lead Splinter to living in the sewers and why he decided to train them. Also the baby turtles were adorable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Jason is or was persona non grata so that wasn't happening. I guess it was just easier since the other three were doing the kid voices so they just figured, what the hell.

A full production order eh? Like something official or do you just want me to list them out? I def can do the latter. Less certain on the former since I don't have it on me or I might have to look. Regardless I do know it by memory so if you just want a list I can do that no problem. Also I have for every episode put links to my old line managers articles that have the number on them. I could compile that at seasons end too.

As for the latest episode, once again I'm late but since we're on hiatus again...I figured I can post this whenever.

Last episode was fun and really cute. I know some people were put off at first a little, but I was confident that people would turn around and think the baby turtles were cute.

This was the first red team episode, team Raphael to be exact. Long overdue as this was the first episode worked on after the kavaxas arc. They did a great job and have another episode to come. Personally I helped out a little but nothing big, just a few shots from layout, primary phase and a fix here and there. Minor stuff that we did to help other teams out.

The action was good as usual and it was great to see Splinter one last time. Also got to see quite a few sides to him in the half hour. His strength, fears, regrets, humor, and kindness. I haven't seen the pilot in a long time so when I first saw this episode a year ago I wondered if it would muddy continuity but it seems like most people I've seen didn't find it did. Splinter never really finds out what they are or their names but does tell the boys a story of how dangerous it can be in the outside.

Hopefully we will have the show back soon and no more hiatuses. I know the DVDs come out soon which is...I don't know. I don't make the call on that and no one gets Nickelodeon.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chaos160

You listing them out (the latter) is fine. Thanks!

If it's not too much trouble, maybe the full production order lists for seasons 1-4 could be provided as well? If not, it's fine.

Also, I'm really looking towards to the 1987 crossover arc!

• Like Like x 1
    #71 Chaos160, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  11. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

**Scroll down for a chance to win a copy of Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady on DVD!**

Three new episodes debut as part of the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady DVD release, now available!

[​IMG]

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Home Video Debut: September 12, 2017

Released by: Paramount Home Entertainment
    Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady - When 80's Shredder and Krang appear in our dimension, they employ Bebop & Rocksteady and find their plans are succeeding better than ever.
    The Foot Walks Again! - The Turtles must train their '80s counterparts to face a greater threat than they've ever encountered.
    The Big Blow-Out - The Turtles enlist the help of the Mighty Mutanimals to stop Bebop and Rocksteady.

Discuss these three new episodes of Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles!

Click the image below for more details on the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady home video release (feel free to also discuss that home video release right here)!

[​IMG]

**Win a copy of Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady on DVD!**
    Want to win a copy of Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady on DVD and some cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stickers, courtesy of Paramount Home Entertainment? Simply send an email titled "TMNT Contest" to jamesfcharvey @ gmail.com with your name and mailing address! The contest, open only to U.S. and Canadian residents, will run until 11:59pm (local time) on September 13, 2017. Two prize packs are being given out, so don't wait and submit your entry now! Winners will be chosen at random and contacted before the end of day on September 14, 2017. Details on the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles: Wanted - Bebop & Rocksteady DVD are available below!
    For the first time ever, episodes of Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will arrive on DVD two months before their television debut in Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady, hitting shelves September 12. This clock-stopping and time-hopping special is sure to be an instant favorite among modern day fans as well as superfans of the original 1980's series.

This thrilling addition to the Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD franchise features four time-bending episodes that tests the Turtles both mentally and physically as they continue, as always, to fight for justice and protect their city. Also available exclusively to this DVD is an animated music video featuring the Turtles rocking out to the song "Ice Cream Kitty," which was written and performed by Greg Cipes (voice of Michelangelo) and DJ Hymn.

Dimensions collide in this one-of-a-kind Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles special, when '80s Shredder and Krang transport themselves to present-day New York. There they team up with Bebop and Rocksteady for the ultimate throwback throw-down against the Turtles. This four-episode collection not only brings back classic and villainous faces, but also takes fans back to where it all began - with a newly mutated Splinter on the run while protecting four baby mutant turtles.

Produced by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady will be available on DVD September 12, for the suggested retail price of $21.99.

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady contains the following episodes:

-Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady - When 80's Shredder and Krang appear in our dimension, they employ Bebop & Rocksteady and find their plans are succeeding better than ever.
    -The Foot Walks Again! - The Turtles must train their '80s counterparts to face a greater threat than they've ever encountered.
    -The Big Blow-Out - The Turtles enlist the help of the Mighty Mutanimals to stop Bebop and Rocksteady.
    -Lone Rat and Cubs - When Splinter is first mutated, he must learn to survive the life of a mutant on the run while also protecting four baby mutant turtles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I'm way too behind on this show, but it's such a shame its remaining 10 episodes got sent to Nicktoons. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I really liked the three-part episode. I thought the 87 Turtles were handled fine here though I am sure fans of the old Turtles will likely not be thrilled with it. Only a handful of the episodes from the old cartoon are really any good, so I didn't mind some of the well-deserved jabs in this, but it was very cool to see them hold their own during the big battle at the end. It was also cool to hear the original voice actors reprise their role. I also like how this gave Bebop and Rocksteady a positive note to go out on. I am really interested to see what is in store for the rest of the season. Only 10 episodes left, give or take?

14. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether Nick's putting the final episodes of TMNT in a later timeslot on Nicktoons as they're a bit darker than other episodes, especially the classic monsters ones.

15. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's just nick wanting to burn off these last episodes. It's kind of sad that this how they are ending the show. On the positive note at least we don't have another long hiatus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chaos160

Wait. TMNT 2012 HAS BEEN MOVED TO NICKTOONS!?

Wow, I guess even very successful cartoons get moved to that graveyard.

I'm curious, does any show that gets moved to Nicktoons confirm that said show is pretty much over?

17. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

TMNT 2012 wouldn't be the first popular show to be moved to Nicktoons before ending. Personally the quality of the show hasn't exactly been what it used to be.

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay since I was asked for the production order episode list, here it is since most of the episodes have been released somewhere in the world and all have been listed and advertised.

1. Scroll of the Demodragon
    2. The Forgotten Swordsman
    3. Heart of Evil
    4. End Times
    5. Lone Rat and Cubs
    6. The Curse of Savanti Romero
    7. The Crypt of Dracula
    8. The Frankenstein Experiment
    9. Monsters Among Us
    10. When World's Collide pt. 1
    11. When World's Collide pt. 2
    12. Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady
    13. The Foot Walks Again!
    14. The Big Blowout
    15. Yojimbo
    16. Osoroshi no Tabi
    17. Kagayake! Kintaro
    18. The Wasteland Warrior
    19. The Impossible Desert
    20. Carmaggedon

And that was season 5 of this version of TMNT in production order.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Rest of new TMNT continues in October.
    #512-514 as a 3-part movie "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" #508 "The Frankenstein Experiment" Leaving only #509 to air