1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Rate and Comment on the fifth season of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!"

1. *****

75.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

25.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

You know, another thing I found weird is that when Donnie first confronted Vizisio he takes the heart, but instead of striking him in any way he turns his back on him and does a victory pose. That seems very weird to me considering how in the beginning episode we see Donnie gunning for the mob boss but he doesn't take a chance to so much as hit him, its like if Kurapika from HXH captured a spider but instead of hitting him/her he did the Can-Can

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So this was the final episode of the Kavaxas arc. Heading this episode was Team TigerClaw( here's another article about them ) in their first episode of the season. I recall talking to them at the time, one of my friends had a few shots with 1000 cultists( okay 20ish or whatever it was ) and they just slow down the computers so much, The last episode I worked on and just finished, had a crowd shot like that too that was maddening.

Another issue from what I remember is the broken streets were a new set altogether, and if I remember right it didn't come in for the start of their episode. So they had to do their layout with the regular set and just some quick proxies. I forgot to mention in 'The Forgotten Swordsmen" the temple where the climatic fight happens with Tatsu, the set was really small, so the characters were all scaled down as the set, if scaled up, would mess up the lighting rig, so everyone was like half size in that part of the episode. As this season progresses, this will become a common theme of Nickelodeon not exactly making our jobs easy.

So at the time we saw the animatics, I was surprised that Kavaxas and Shredder were dealt with, since I was under the impression that it was going to go all season in some form but after this episode is when I knew how the season was going to go down with all these different arcs. Zombie Shredder was an interesting look and powers, and I guess him in Kavaxas and Rahzar are burning in the pit( man I spent so much time bringing him back to life! :p ), this was a really impressive episode when it came to scale in action, with the cave fight with Hothead and Shredder and the ghosts in the streets. It was great to see Splinter again, and was able to properly say goodbye to his family and friends. Fun to see school Lo Pan...I mean Ho Chan ;)

Hope everyone really enjoyed this first arc, it was fun being a major and minor part of it and we have some cool stuff and weird stuff coming up this season. I just finished up my contract on Friday after completing my third episode so I'm no longer on the show and animation is wrapping up soon anyway so soon no animator will be. It was the coolest and most challenging project I've been on and most rewarding. Crazy I remember wanting to be on this show when it was in season 1 but I was in school at the time and they wanted more experienced or really great out of school people to be on it. I never thought I would get to be on it 4 years later. Real honor but I'm ready to take a vacation :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #22 Wonderwall, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Xxerox

Xxerox Member

It is like i was watching a new Ghostbusters movie/cartoon.

4. General Mike

General Mike Member

I guess this wouldn't affect ratings, but as someone who DVRs the show, the name change was not picked up by my X1 system, so I missed the first 4 episodes. I did just catch up on DVR and I do like the idea of shorter arcs.

Got a good laugh at the Mikey's story of meeting Megan Fox on the rooftop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Ratings do not matter as much as toy and merchandise sales.

6. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

TMNT only has one hour special in Sunday June 18 at 9AM

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

And I assume that is the series finale.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

8. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Actually season 5 has 20 episodes, meaning there are several more episodes to finish for late 2017 or 2018, season 5 started last march

#28 kanc, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  9. Turtlefan

Turtlefan New Member

There will be a final crossover with the 1987-1996 series turtles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Finally! Because Nick changed some scheduling, my second episode is airing in a little over 2 weeks, which is earlier than I hoped. It'll bee good to see it air but even better for me I can use it for my demo reel now :)

No no, as it was already mentioned above there are plenty of episodes left.I think after the special airs there is still 14 episodes after.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. General Mike

General Mike Member

Are the remaining episodes stand alones, or are we going to get to see a couple more multi part stories?

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think there'll likely be standalones, although I expected the same for the start of the season and that ended up being standalones as part of an ongoing, multi-part, storyline :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I thought they were done with Shredder and co. and this was just going to be a season of anthology stories. Nope.

When you get right down to it, season four was really the emotional conclusion of the show. Season 5 is just the gravy on top of the mashed potatoes or cherry on top of the sundae.

But hey, way to go with this series. They got to run the whole gamut of Turtles lore and told some good stories with some topnotch A-list talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Turtlefan

Turtlefan New Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

They sure know how to milk stuff.

16. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

TMNT S5 will feature 5 story arcs -

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Action!

Action! Active Member

This should be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And I ain't talkin' bout Newtralizer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So did they show both parts? I'm out of the country so I'm not sure what aired. I can still talk about it though since I worked on part 1 of the 2 parter. On the subject of storyline. I believe there's only one one off episode, the rest are multi parters but they are all contained to their respective story lines.

This episode for team rahzar is later in the production pipeline but Nick moved it up for marketing reasons for future episodes. So my team and team Leo are the beneficiaries of that decision. This episode my team really hit the ground running since we all learned a lot from our first episode. And aside from one set, everything worked out from a technical standpoint. The future would be less kind but I'll tell you guys that story for another day...

Pretty cool to have all these different characters from the different adventures all in one two part episode. I had a lot of fun working with pretty much all of them. My main segments were when mona and Sal talking in the cockpit and her daydreaming, the Bishop vs Newtralizer one on one fight, the soldiers repelling, and Raf shooting the big gun at newt. Among other stuff.

It's just one big old monster mash episode as Newt is just wrecking stuff in nyc or dimension x. The salamandrians and the EDF, and then Dregg shows up with his bugs. And lightning powers. It was quite the spectacle

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1