"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by John Pannozzi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi 30 Years of Turtle Power

Over at the Technodrome forums, someone involving with Nick (TV's Kyle, a noted cartoonist who I believe was a member of these boards at one point), spilled a few details regarding the new TMNT cartoon:

2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

So will the Turtles actully go to school? Will there be a lot of romantic tension like on the new Young Justice show? Intresting.

3. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

So basically your telling us this show is going to be emo drama like everything else that has been ruined on Nickelodeon?

4. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

If they want to take risks, how about they don't live in seclussion, go to school, have their friends, either everyone knows about their excistence and for some reason there is no objection to their excistence because they are heros, or Donnie invented something that lets them have a human faces like Mark Change from Fairly Odd Parents.

Some people object to them having love interstes, I want them to have love interests. What is wrong with that? I at least want one or even two of them to have their classmates assuming they are in school as love interests.

5. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Let's not and stick with what has worked for YEARS, Let's stay the course

6. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Where the heck did the idea that they were going to school come from?

All he said was it focuses on the teenage aspect of their characters, nothing to do with school.

7. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

90's style teens right?

What did Leo look like?

MOD NOTE: Try not to double post. If you can fit it in one comment, then do so.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I'll be interested in seeing what the turtles look like in this new CG series. It might be an improvement over how they looked in the TMNT movie. I'm also glad to hear that they have a balance between action and comedy. I was hoping that they would be able to find a middle ground so that the series isn't too dark or too light-hearted, which might be the case given this information. As for the teenage life-style, I think it's a bit of a jump to say that they'll be going to school based on that. Maybe they'll add more of the typical teenage issues during their adventures, but not have it school-based. I actually wouldn't mind that they focus on the fact that they're teenagers since that would be something different compared to what the 2k3 series did. Hopefully, they'll be able to release some images of the characters or a trailer in the not too distant future.

9. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

The idea of them going to school, that was speculation coming from me.

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

A nice blend of comedy and action you say? I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Also, I was expecting this to be a reboot anyway, so that detail doesn't surprise me.

Interested in seeing what they plan to do with the "Teenage" part of the TMNT, considering that the other shows really didn't touch up on that detail.

11. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

What teens? I'd rather them just be on action not teenager things that I could get from those live action teen shows :shrug: Gee I wonder if that Leo/Kai stuff will be the on and off romance in the series :sweat:

12. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

The fact that the staff behind Fanboy and Chum Chum found the animatic to be good frightens me.

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

If the people from Teen Titans are part of it, I know what characters they are going to use as a blue print. Maybe Kai will be turned to stone, and than later she claims not to know Leo.

14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

The Turtles always do, "teenage" things in every version, so I don't see what the big deal is here.

15. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

If this is what they have plans for the Turtles don't know what they will do with the Shredder...........instead of adding the Shredder they just put Bebop and Rocksteady in his place, i didn't had high hopes for this new show anyway.

16. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi 30 Years of Turtle Power

To be fair, Ken Mitchroney WAS the artist on some of the issues of the celebrated Archie-published TMNT Adventures comic book. I think I'll take his word over people who have never seen anything from this upcoming show.

17. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

That'd break Leo's heart though :p
    Holy crap, I didn't even think of Shredder yah what the heck can they do with him here?? Be Principle of there school? Ahh I can already imagine the theme song :shrug:

18. PC!

PC! lolwut?

The comments in this thread are making me laugh out loud. The Shredder as the principal of the turtles' school...that would be amazing. XD

Hey, if we have some Teen Titans alums working on this thing, I'll definitely give it a shot.

19. Azeke

Azeke New Member

End of they year?

I thought the plan was to start airing it in a few months?

:(

20. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Uh I thought the plan was to have the Turtles Cartoon Air in 2012. I mean he even says at the end some stuff may be ready by the end of the year but they obviously want at least a half season's worth of material before they start airing the series so we're still looking at next year for an air date as has already been stated several times since we knew that this series was being made for Nick.

I really don't know why you guys keep tossing around romance and school and the like when there's been no mention of the sort. Here's all that's been mentioned of the show.

From what I remember the original 4Kids Ninja Turtles was going to be in CG (thus why they have the turtles van in CG) and going to be quite different from the turtles show we got. So I don't see any surprise in this show being CG. I doubt it will be 2007 TMNT movie quality CG but if it's Penguins of Madasgacar level that's still pretty good.

I guess this is where people bring up romance bu really it just says different character relationships. Hey as long as they aren't adding in a 5th Turtle and there's still a feel of the four as brothers then it's still all good. I hope.

So what you're saying is that there's going to be lots of action and comedy in this series eh? Then uh why is brickrrb2 saying it will be an "emo drama" then if it's an action comedy/mix? Of course people always clain action as impressive and comedy as laugh out loud funny when trying to promote a show and of course some of thsoe things are subjecive so once again wait and see.

I haven't watched much of the 80's series, and I've only seen like half of 4Kids TMNT turtles but it does seem despite their attidue sometimes and extreme gear they don't often act like teenagers. Yeah they get their guidance from Splinter but that's the closest it ever comes to them seeming like teenagers really.

I'm all for throwing Teen Titans refrences where they don't belong but I doubt it will be a lot like TT. (I always did want to see a Turtles and Titans crossover though but like that would ever happen. Maybe we'll get a refrence to the Titans though in this series at least in the background) . Espiecally if it's suppose to be a CG series. Hmmm it will be interesting trying to pick up on the TT influence in a CG series that's for sure.