1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Aug 24, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW Comic Series

1. *****

40.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A new installment of the acclaimed Micro-Series!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VILLAINS MICRO-SERIES #1: BAXTER STOCKMAN

[​IMG]

Written by: Erik Burham
    Art by: Andy Kuhn

Description: Baxter Stockman is busy working for Krang on the Technodrome... or so it appears. Little does Krang know that Baxter has secretly been working on his own project that is both mutant AND machine! But when creation turns on creator, Baxter’s trademark smugness might be in short supply! Will Baxter come up with a plan B in time to save himself... and the world?

Comments?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I bet nostalgia fans really enjoyed this what with the fly-like android that Stockman made. I thought it was a cool little nod to the 1980s show and overall this was a really good story. It adds a nice layer to Stockman's story and shows that he has his own plans in the works that rival Krangs which I'm interested in seeing come to fruition. Kuhn's art was really good and actually seemed like a step up from his run on the comic a few months back. It was a bit darker and grittier I found.

3. James Harvey

A new epic story-line begins! The perfect jumping-on point!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #22

[​IMG]

Story by: Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow
    Art by: Mateus Santolouco

Description: “CITY FALL” part 1: A normal night on the town for Raphael and Casey turns deadly when the Foot Clan appears in full force. The resulting chaos is only the first step in Shredder’s master plan! The stakes have never been higher, and lives are on the line. Don’t miss the start of the biggest story arc to hit the TMNT yet!

Comments?

4. Wonder Woman

How awesome is the artwork and how awesome was the story? Does anyone think that Casey is actually going to die? I doubt it, given how popular the character is, but it still makes for a great cliffhanger. I found the book has been a little sluggish of late, but still good, but this issue was like a major jolt in energy. Probably the best issue of the series to date! I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it!

5. James Harvey

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VILLAINS MICRO-SERIES #3: OLD HOB

[​IMG]

Written by: Jason Ciaramella
    Art by: Dave Wachter

Description: Old Hob has made a lot of enemies since his ooze-induced transformation. His once comfortable life as a lazy cat was abruptly stripped away from him, forcing Hob to learn how to survive, the hard way! After Baxter’s deadly betrayal, Hob’s through being a lackey. Now he’s ready to branch out and start calling the shots!

Comments?

6. Wonder Woman

This Old Hob one-shot was probably the most disappointing one-shot to date for the IDW TMNT titles. Hob is still as one-dimensional as ever. This really doesn't add anything to the character. The best part of the entire issue was the cliffhanger which seems to bring us right back to the "City Fall" arc going on in the main comic. A letdown for sure.

7. James Harvey

One of the best comics out there today! Don't miss this issue!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #23

[​IMG]

Story by: Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman
    Art by: Mateus Santolouco, Dan Duncan, Andy Kuhn, Ben Bates, Ross Campbell

Description: "City Fall," part 2: Desperate times call for desperate measures as unexpected alliances take shape. Will the Turtles be able to find the Foot Clan's HQ in time to stop the next phase of Shredder's heinous plan? Plus, the return of the witch Kitsune! What ancient evil will she unleash? One Turtle is about to find out!

Comments?

8. Wonder Woman

I was a bit worried how they were going to fit in all the artists but they did it perfectly. Leonardo's hallucination/trance was a great idea. Not only did all the different art styles fit but they actually helped the story. Each artist referenced a particular story arc they previously illustrated which was a smart move to make the artist jam seem more natural. This was another great issue and I can't wait for the next. I wonder just how far gone Leonardo might get and how much Shredder and his crew will have him brainwashed.

9. James Harvey

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VILLAINS MICRO-SERIES #4: ALOPEX

[​IMG]

Written by: Brian Lynch
    Art by: Ross Campbell

Description: Alopex, the first mutant of the Foot Clan, has quickly become one of Shredder's most useful agents. However, when she sets out to learn more about her past, she discovers a devastating truth that could have her questioning everything she knows about the Foot Clan!

Comments?

10. Wonder Woman

While this mini-series still hasn't given a lot of personalty to Alopex it was still really beautifully drawn. Ross Campbell knocked it out of the park. It seemed like they were going to go into some neat territory, especially with Alopex remembering her pre-mutation life, and I like what Shredder did to induct her into the Clan, but I wish there was a bit more still. I am curious to see if she'll follow through on her word to eventually kill Shredder. She could become an ally to the Turtles during City Fall. Kinda like IDW's version of Ninjara.

11. James Harvey

The epic storyline continues! What are your thoughts on this ambitious storyline so far?

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #24

[​IMG]

Art by: Mateus Santolouco

Description: "City Fall," part 3: With the hunt on for Leonardo, the remaining Turtles take whatever help they can get... but can they trust a truce with Old Hob?! A startling climax will change the Turtles forever!

Comments?

12. Wonder Woman

Fantastic stuff. Not the best instalment as I found this story was mostly set up. But still that scene where we get to see Dark Leo and how he trashes Splinter and the Turtles was actually pretty terrifying and really well handled. The artwork is so great here. I'm surprised this story is more of a big deal among Turtle fans.

13. James Harvey

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VILLAINS MICRO-SERIES #5: KARAI

[​IMG]

Written by: Erik Burnham
    Art by: Cory Smith

Description: Karai, a deadly assassin, is the embodiment of the Foot Clan. But it was not always that way! Explore the shadowy history of this complicated character and see exactly how far her ambition takes her! Secrets from the past and present revealed!

Comments?

14. Wonder Woman

I really like how this Karai one-shot helped to fill some gaps from the Foot Clan mini-series. It also provided some nice insight into her character, although I wish there was a bit more. It was a surprise to see Dark Leo be such a jerk to her. While I get how him being brainwashed to basically switch the memories of Shredder and Splinter would change his loyalties I didn't think it would make him such a jerk. I guess that was done to emphasize the change. I'm interested to see where this goes with Shredder and building a mutant army.

15. James Harvey

The epic storyline continues! What are your thoughts on this ambitious storyline so far?

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #25

[​IMG]

Art by: Mateus Santolouco, Kevin Eastman

Description: "City Fall," part 4: City Fall continues as Shredder reveals his new second-in-command: Leonardo! While the underworld readies their armies, the Turtles must come together if they have any hope of saving their brother. Don’t miss this landmark 25th issue that sees the launch of a full-scale war on New York City! The Savate, Foot Clan, and Slash are all back — along with a couple of shocking special guests!

Comments?

16. Wonder Woman

I bet a lot of people were happy with the cliffhanger for this issue! Looks like Bebop and Rocksteady are on the way and sooner than I thought too. The story is still really enjoyable so far. I'm interested to see how they're going to snap Leo out of his brainwashing.

17. James Harvey

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VILLAINS MICRO-SERIES #6: HUN

[​IMG]

Written by: Mike Costa, Ben Epstein
    Art by: Mike Henderson

Description: As the new leader of the Purple Dragons, the villainous Hun joins the war in City Fall! He’s already making friends in high places and imposing his will on anyone who stands in his way! Hun’s past will devastate the Turtles’ future!

Comments?

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ugh, reeks of a retcon with that reveal of who Hun is. Onward to Bebop & Rocksteady. But I do have to say, when everything reaches a flashpoint, there's going to be a lot of people that won't be too happy with the Shredder and his manipulations.

19. Wonder Woman

I wasn't a big fan of Hun's backstory. I agree with you, Hun. It also seems like a desperate way to tie the characters closer together. Hun is Casey's dad? Not happy with that. I do appreciate the backstories these micro-series are providing especially when they're pulled off great. The last few have been a bit uneven but still fine.

20. James Harvey

The endgame starts to fall into place...

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #26

[​IMG]

Art by: Mateus Santolouco, Charles Paul Wilson III

Description: "City Fall," part 5: While Leonardo and the Foot bring the fight to the Savate ninjas, the other Turtles call upon all of their allies to prepare for War. City Fall continues to escalate when Splinter crosses a line by helping Old Hob get his revenge!

Comments?