"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Aug 24, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IDW Comic Series

1. *****

40.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Jesus Christ did Hun go toe to toe with Slash, not even 2k3 Hun could do that.

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I was surprised they brought Hun back so quickly but I guess they needed someone to split Slash away from the Mutanimals. I know Hun is strong and I think there's some scientific/mystical element to it if I remember correctly from an older issue but I think he shouldn't have been that big of a challenge to Slash.

Also - Bishop! Interesting development...

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Are our heroes starting to fall apart?

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #55

[​IMG]

Story by: Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow
    Art by: Ken Garing

Description: Recent events have strained many relationships amongst the TMNT and their allies. Many must decide whether to trust or to betray, to separate or to stay, and to love or to hate. Time takes its toll, but where do the Turtles go from here?

Comments?

4. Wonder Woman

I good issue that reunited Mikey with his brothers at the end. This felt more like a wrap-up to an extended epilogue from issue #50's fallout. It was a great issue but I think I'm going to stop with the monthlies here and just get the trades. As much as I enjoy getting this book, I've found that after issue #50 I can wait to get the entire story together as this book still suffers a little from 'writing for the trade.' Lots of interesting stuff is getting set-up and it looks like Kitsun and Apolex are setting up the title's next big event slowly but surely.

5. James Harvey

The start of a new story-arc! Leatherhead is here...

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #56

[​IMG]

Story by: Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow
    Art by: Mateus Santolouco

Description: The Turtles return to the Technodrome to monitor the revival of the Utroms. They are surprised to meet a new mutant there— Leatherhead! Will the mysterious mutant be friend or foe?

Comments?

*Note: Unless there is discussion to warrant it, this is the last issue-specific post for this discussion thread. If conversation picks up, then a new post will go up when each new issue hits. Otherwise, this is the last one for the foreseeable future due to lack of discussion.

6. Wonder Woman

This will likely be my last arc as a monthly reader. I want to see what's going on with Leatherhead but after that I think I can start waiting for the trade. While the book is still really great it has slowed down a bit after issue #50 which is understandable. It needs time to catch its breathe. I am glad that Mikey is back in the fold so I'm curious to see how that will work out since he's not a massive fan of the current status quo. I'm glad Leatherhead is finally here and I can't wait to see how this arc plays out.

7. James Harvey

With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows now out on the big screen, now is a good time to revisit the current IDW series!

[​IMG]

Who is still reading the title? Is it still a strong title? What is it doing right? What is it doing wrong? How do you rate this interpretation of the Heroes in a Half-Shell?

8. Wonder Woman

I'm still reading it. I think it's one of the most underappreciated and most consistently great books out there. Outside of the Nicks cartoon and the 1990s movie, this might be my most favorite take on the Turtles. I got used to their new reincaration-themed origin (which is even open for interpretation with Krang's involvement) and I like how they have been drawing from so many different past interpretations of the Turtles. I am moving to rades though. The Leatherhead arc was my last monthly read and now I'm switching over as I find it reads better and IDW is getting better with releasing the trades at a good pace. And I think except for maybe one or two issues, the art has been great from the get go. I think the only stumbling blocks these books have had was the Caey & April mini. Eveyrthing outside of that has been really enjoyable. Even the first issue of the new weekly Bebop & Rocksteady mini-series was good.

9. James Harvey

It's time to return to the sewers (and this discussion thread) for a very special Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles event! Usagi Yjimbo is here!

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES/USAGI YOJIMBO ONE-SHOT

[​IMG]

Writer/Artist: Stan Sakai
    The TMNT are teleported to a world of talking animals-the world of Usagi Yojimbo! When the samarai rabbit embarks on a quest to save Japan and the deadly Jei blocks his path, a Turtle team-up may be the only chance for survival!

Discuss this special one-shot issue!

Also, keep an eye out for the special weekly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X event, beginning next week!