1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Teen Titans : The Lost Season

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by DeathscytheVII, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

Wait a minute, Deathscythe old pal, I was just wondering, how much of the city is evacuated? At first you made it sound like the whole city was gone, but now there are people fleeing. My brain is tired... nitpicking... must continue... Nope, that's all that was bothering me.

2. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Thanks JAG :D i always did like the kids from SOHP, glad to see they were still good here. And yes haha, Beast Boy has his chance ;) whether he likes it or not.

Yeah, too bad you can't say "damn it" on Teen Titans :(, well, at least not yet ;)

'Parts showing' HAHAHA *writes it down ;).

As for Overload, it always puzzled me why an electrical monster would be afriad of water, when water conducts electricity. So...water powering him would feel more appropriate IMO

No problemo Arrakhat ole buddy ;)

I tried to distinguish the fact that the Titans were fighting Overload in the downtown area, which consisted of office buildings and was pretty urbanized. (i.e, the settings where they fought plasmus in "The End pt 1" or Terra in "Aftershock Pt. 1") The park however, is located on the edge of downtown, with only a few big buildings in sight. ("Sum of his parts"). It's a considerable distance away when you consider how big down town Jump City is shown in (watch "For Real" for an idea of just how big downtown Jump City is)".

Overload's Rampage is concentrated in downtown, but the residential and park areas aren't affected.

Hope that lengthy thing satisfies your nitpick :cool:

3. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Another good offering there. I'm now quite sure how, but Fixit is really creepy...though in a good way. Not sure if that makes any sense, but rest assured that you're doing a top-quality job with Fixit anyway.:anime:

And now we know why the "episode's" called 'Circuit Breaker'...but I doubt the finale will be as easy as it appears.;) :evil:

-Matt A-

4. Arrakhat

That makes sense. I guess that happens every time the Titans fight downtown against a huge monster. Or Maybe Cyborg doesn't care whether or not the buildings he throws at monsters have people in them.;)

5. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

That made me laugh. . .even in the most difficult situations she can play out as funny, through just her being naive. Also, very awesome way to introduce Fixit into the 'normal' world again. The moment when the people began to run away from Fixit was actually really emotional, though you hinted at the fact that the boy with the prostethic arm(I remember him from the show, I believe)didn't seem that judgemental of Fixit. Like I said, I particularly liked that part of it. . .Really well written. Your fight scene with Overload; I stand by the fact that Overload is still ten times more awesome here than in the show. . .Also, it was nice to see Fixit help come up with a plan to stop Overload, but I'm sure BB is going to have an objection or two to this. . .I can't wait for the next part of this!:anime:

6. DeathscytheVII

Thanks matt ;). I guess the creepy part is part of Fixit's character, no matter how i try to write him haha. But i'm glad to see it went well with you. He is a very sympathetic character though, despite his creepyness, which is one of the reasons why i miss his presence on the show.

I've always wondered about that building part lol. Guess the titans have lots of insurance :)

WOw, haha thanks Death! I've always wanted to take this whole "Dealing with being half human half machine" bit a little differently this time. Fixit and Cyborg in many ways, deal with the same problems, and are similar. I only wished there was episode on the show that dealt with this :(. As for the kid with the prosthetic arm, thanks! I was scared that I didn't write that part well enough :D I really like that kid though, he was great in SUm of his parts.

Haha yes, also a shame that my favourite muscle villain doesn't get the treatment he deserves in the show! RAWWWR!

Thanks Death :) The next update should be in a week, and then its showdown.

----

Note: I'm currently trying to teach myself how to draw, but for now, im limiting myself to copying pictures...oh well, hopefully i'll get good by the time i reach "Trial" as there are some nice fanarts i have been meaning to draw.

7. Arrakhat

Deathscythe, learn to draw. I want to see your fics in picture as well as words. Oh, and after reading your last installment again, I've got to say the most moving part was Cyborg's "They finally realize there's a monster line." So tragic to think of how Fixit must have felt.

I almost want Overload to explode. Let's see if the Titans' insurance policy covers that.:)

8. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Hhhhmmm. . .Making Overload explode would be an interesting touch. . .Heheh! Of course Arrakhat is right, they better have an good insurance policy.;)

9. DeathscytheVII

hehe, i'm alrady starting up the first sketches now, hopefully they will turn out good :( im basically learning basic shapes and anatomy right now. And judging from how well/crappy i draw the pictures, some people reading this may be happy/or not happy :D

Though look forward to some Photoshopped pictures lol.

For the Cyborg part, i'm glad you found it very moving, when i wrote it, i wasn't sure if i got that point across.

I believe the policy covers everything short of total destruction of the city XD convenient haha.

And you all seem very keen on an explosion, we'll see ;)

10. JAG

JAG Active Member

Well, yeah. Explosions make everything better!:evil:

11. Arrakhat

Yes they do. What's a life without a few bangs? BORING! Explosion please!:D
    Oh, and Deathscythe, I'd keep trying on the drawings if I were you. Mine always feel cartoony and flat, but correct anatomy/proportions and shading can solve that easily.

12. Ravenfire666

Ravenfire666 the past team...

Same here

13. DeathscytheVII

Ravenfire: Merci ;)

JAG/Arrakhat:

Good newS! My first rough drawing is almost complete, and next i have to colour it! Expect it in a few days maybe?

-------------
    Act 3

The Titans made their way exhaustingly across town now, it was high noon, and all of them, except for Cyborg, had been fighting for the last several hours of the morning, and the exhaustion of such a long fight was beginning to take its toll on them. They had to take Overload down, now.

“Yo Robin, any word on our giant spark plug?” Cyborg spoke into his arm communicator as he, Fixit and Beast Boy ran down the street.

Robin, who was several blocks away, riding on his R-Cycle, shook his head through the communicator screen.

“We last sighted him in the financial district, he may be trying to find a power substation which connects him to the plant.”

“Where’s the nearest one?” Cyborg asked.

“I’ve pinpointed one by the Stadium, I’ll send you the coordinates now.” Robin said quickly.

“Gotcha, me, B and Fix can proceed on foot.” Cyborg replied back.

“Geez man….” Beast Boy huffed exhaustingly as he ran. “Why are we running.”

“Because, SOMEONE” Cyborg shot Beast Boy a sarcastic glare. “trashed my T-car.”

“Oh…” Beast Boy laughed. “Right, that.”

Fixit however, offered a helpful suggestion. “We can make better time if we utilize the sewer tunnel system, it should offer us a more direct approach to our destination.”

Cyborg nodded. “Alright Fix.”

“Tell me again why Raven and Star aren’t flying there?”

“Because Raven is going to get the T-Ship, we’ll need it, and Starfire is busy scouting for Overload with Robin.” Cyborg explained, rather impatiently.

“And I’m supposed to attach this thing-a-ma-bob to a ONE HUNDRED FOOT monster?!” Beast Boy groaned as he held out Fixit’s newly fixed device.

“Hey, Overload’s a machine right?” Cyborg smirked. “And I don’t know anyone who can wreck machines as fast as you B.” He patted the Green Titan’s back.

“ER thanks…..is that supposed to be a compliment?”
    The communicator went on now.

“Cyborg, this is Robin.”

“Come in Robin.”

The Boy Wonder appeared on the screen now. “Overload has just been sighted heading into the old electronics warehouse, i’m forwarding the coordinates now.”

Cyborg stopped dead in his tracks now, right before an old manhole in the street.

“Alright man, we’ll see ya there in a few.” Cyborg said casually as he lifted the manhole cover off the sewer entrance and placed it on the side walk, just as Fixit and Beast Boy stopped in their tracks.

The three heroes looked down the unwelcoming sewer now, which was completely obscured in darkness. What was apparent however, was the wretch smell that hovered above the entrance.

Beast Boy instantly reeled back in horror, holding his nose.

“Um……so…….I call not being first?”

Meanwhile, high above the city, the T-ship began circling the downtown area. Clumsily, the air craft swerved left, just in time to avoid hitting an office building square on.

“Robin,” Raven said flatly, using all her strength to try and straighten the steering wheel. “Tell me again why I’m flying this thing? I’m not exactly the expert here.”

“Because Cyborg and Fixit are working on their device, and I don’t trust Beast Boy in front of so many buttons.” Robin replied via the communicator.

“Not like I have an idea of how to use them either.”

Robin smirked. “At least you don’t push them. We’ll see you in a bit, Robin out.”

Raven sighed, just as the proximity alarm blared.

WARNING…WARNING…COLLISION IMMINENT.

The computer blared.

“Well…you’re an AI, land this thing.”

IMPOSSIBLE. The computer replied.

“Just do it.”

SORRY, YOUR ON YOUR OWN. The computer bleeped off as the Office building was just fifty yards ahead.

Raven stared up uneasily to see a huge office building getting bigger and bigger in front of her.

“Azarath. Metrion. Zinthos.” Her eyes began glowing white as a black shroud lifted the T-Ship even higher into the air, so high until it cleared the building.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Raven took another look at the coordinates.

“I hate computers.”

Cyborg, Beast Boy and Fixit quickly met up with Robin now, who was standing with Starfire in front of the old abandoned warehouse.

“How joyful it is to see you again friends!” Starfire sniffed the air. “Tell me, is there a reason why it smells like a Tamaranian Zofnarb?”

“Um….” Cyborg wiped some sludge off his arm. “We can explain later. What’s the situation.”

“Overload’s in there, he just. Disappeared.” Robin said grimly.

“Smells fishy.” Cyborg transformed his hand into a sonic cannon. “Better prepare ourselves for anything.”

“Why? It’s not like Overload has the brains to set a trap, right guys?” Beast Boy shrugged.

“In any case, we have to stop him here. If he reaches the power plant, it won’t be an overload anymore, it’ll be a city-wide meltdown.”

“Alright, let’s go.” Cyborg nodded.

The double doors to the warehouse were blasted open, lifting up a huge wave of dust that loomed over the darkened parts of the abandoned building.

Cyborg and Robin were the first to enter. One had a sonic cannon, fully charged, while the other was armed only with his trusty bo-staff.

The warehouse was vast, with hundreds of dusty old crates piled up on the edges, while ancient pieces of technology, old cars, a humvee, and some computer parts littered the center of the room in a disorderly mess. Obviously, some time ago, this was an important place of operations for someone. Now it was abandoned.

Mostly abandoned.

“Greetings Titans.” A booming, monstrous voice echoed through the darkness.

Beast Boy, Robin, Cyborg and Starfire froze at the voice, which they have heard many times through the savage, primitive growlings of the monster they had faced many times.

“Surprised?” The darkened warehouse lit up now, as streams of electricity cackled through the circuit box, and around the wires that sprawled the ceiling. It became so big, that eventually the entire ceiling was just a sea of blue energy from Overload.

“My power source is constantly upgrading all of my capabilities, soon, not even you can match me.” Overload said in a surprisingly intelligible tone, although his voice was still as low and primitive as ever.

“No more ‘Overload Crush this’, or ‘Overload destroy that’……”

Eventually, the electricity spread to the rest of the warehouse, so that three of the surrounding walls were completely covered by Overload’s electricity.

“I have evolved Titans, far beyond what you thought I was. Soon, I shall have all the power I need to stay like this. Forever!”

“Titans! Go!” Robin shouted, and he and Starfire rushed forward, along with the rest of the titans.

Thousands of whip-like arms, varying from size and length, began sprouting from the walls and ceiling now, all of them shooting straight at the titans.

Beast Boy instantly transformed into a mouse, dodging the blast as it tore a crater into the ground. He hoped through the pile of old computers, using his small size to hide in the cracks, the circuit breaker held tight in his mouth.

But the new and improved Overload was quicker, his one large arm quickly splintered off into thousands of small arms, each one as thin as a strand of rope, and they all stabbed right into the pile of computers.

“Come out, Come out, where ever you are!” Overload gave a cackled laugh.

“Yo! Sparky!” A voice cried out.

A sonic blast tore the giant arm apart now, followed by a salvo of blue tipped missiles that blasted a hole in a section of the wall.

Robin meanwhile, was viciously battling more arms that sprouted from the wall with his bo staff. The Boy wonder jumped, avoiding two whip like tentacles as they swiped down, then he swung, cutting one of Overload’s arms in half.

Overload simply grew back his arm at a ferocious speed, and with a giant roar, he charged up, illuminating the entire warehouse in a blinding blue flash.

“AAH!!” Cyborg yelled in pain as he shielded his eyes.

“Can you match the power of an entire city, little tin man?” Overload said mockingly, just as two arms carried the Humvee and another old pick up truck next to Cyborg.

Before the Titan could respond, Overload slapped his arms together, crushing Cyborg between the Humvee and the car he was holding. A sickening metal crunch was heard as Cyborg was caught between the two vehicles, leaving a huge dent in each one.

Cyborg groaned weakly as he emerged from the wreckage, falling down to one knee. He looked up, just in time to see Overload wrapping the Humvee with his arms from the ceiling, planning on dropping the vehicle on his head.

“HIYAAAH!” Starfire flew straight at the lifted vehicle, both hands charged with green energy. Overload roared, and slammed the car down with his arm.

The two forces met in mid air, and a shockwave reverberated through the warehouse as the massive explosion took out the dozens of arms that sprouted from the ceiling.

Cyborg meanwhile, gathered his wits and stood up, slightly dazed, to see a smiling Starfire give him a thumbs up.

Before the two titans could do anything, the entire section of wall that was next to them sprouted thousands of electrical arms, all of them surging straight towards the prone pair……

….only to be interrupted as a gigantic sonic blast sliced through all the arms, destroying a nearby section of wall in a huge explosion.

Cyborg and Starfire looked to their side, and in amazement, saw Fixit, carrying an RPG-type weapon in his hand.

“You will leave my friends alone.” Fixit said coldly, the gun still smoking in his grasp.

“I do not know who you are.” Overload’s face emerged now, the small circuit board that was shaped like an eye quickly peeked through the ceiling. “But I will destroy you all the same.”

More arms sprouted from electrical wires on the walls, forming a gigantic arm that was sent straight for Fixit.

“Not on my watch.” Robin slid his way just in time between Fixit and Overload, twirling his bo-staff like a helicopter blade and slicing Overload’s arm into many pieces.

Beast Boy meanwhile, peeking through a small hole in the pile of old computer and machine parts, saw Overload’s outstretched face on the ceiling, and decided it was the opening he needed.

He transformed into a hawk, bursting out of the mountain of old machines. Swerving left and right to avoid the dozens of rope-like arms sprining for him, the green titan made his way closer and closer to Overload’s face.

Closer…and Closer…..

Beast Boy smirked, unable to see the large arm that blindsided him in mid-air.

With a roar, Overload swung, throwing Beast Boy across the room. The panicked Titan transformed back into his human form in mid air, grasping the chip in his hand just before he landed against the wall with an ‘oof’.

The other titans gathered next to their fallen friend, while Overload began seeping out of the walls and wires, forming himself into a huge pile of electricity in the center of the room, until finally, he assumed his humanoid form again.

“Feeling a little tired Titans? After all, you haven’t had any sleep.” Overload said mockingly as he approached the heroes, who uneasily prepped themselves for the next attack.

Overload laughed. “Don’t worry, I will end this quickl-“

Before Overload could even gloat even more, a huge rumbling noise shook the entire warehouse, and all the occupants suddenly stopped in their tracks. Overload and the Titans looked at the ceiling in puzzlement as the sound got louder, shaking off old ceiling tiles and dropping streams of dust to the floor.

Eventually, the mystery was solved.

With a huge crash, the ceiling above Overload exploded, and through the hole, the T-Ship dived straight down. Overload stared up blankly as the entire roof and ship came down on him.

“Oh-“

The villain was cut off as the T-ship and roof crashed down on him, throwing up a mountain of wreckage and dust into the air, with the T-Ship on top of it all.

The cockpit of the T-ship opened now, and through the opening, a coughing Raven crawled out.

Starfire flew to her friend’s assistance. “Raven, Friend, are you damaged?”

“No Star, I’m fine.”

“May I inquire as to what happened?” The Tamaranian asked.

“Nothing, I figured I was flying in circles, so I set the autopilot to land where Overload was.” The titan coughed. “It worked.”

Another rumble was heard now, and instinctively, Raven and Starfire took to the skies as the pile of wreckage erupted into a mountain of electricity. Even the T-ship was thrown onto the ground like a toy.

“You think you’ve beaten me!?” Overload laughed.

Beast Boy took the chip in his hand now. “Dude, I liked you better when you were dumb.” He squinted his eye, taking aim at the small chip that was located on Overload’s body. Now that the monster had revealed himself, the circuit board was completely visible now, vulnerable.

The Green Titan smirked, tossing the chip into the air. As it flew, he transformed into a llama and opened his mouth, letting the circuit breaker fall right in.

“Prepare to be annihilated.” Overload stepped forward, and the Titans braced themselves for the upcoming attack.

Beast Boy spat.

“WHAT-“ Overload barely had time to reply as the Fixit’s chip flew straight at his circuit board, attaching itself magnetically as it came into contact with him.

In that instant, huge sparks of electricity cackled on Overload’s face, and the monster reeled back in pain as a wave of new electricity surged over his body. Overload arched his back as more energy was gathered from around his body, forming a huge blue ball on his circuit board, until finally, the energy simply dissipated, and the Titans noticed that Overload had shrunk back to almost his normal size.

“You were saying?” Robin said seriously as he stepped forward, the rest of the titans and Fixit behind him.

“Let’s end this.” Raven said bluntly, focusing her energies onto the ground, before tearing out a water pipe that suddenly sprayed a huge stream of water at the electrical villain.

Overload screamed as the initial blast of water hit him, and he began shrinking, but eventually, even after a huge dousing, Overload stopped shrinking.

The monster gave heavy groans as it recovered from its exposure to water, and soon, he managed to regain his strength.

The Titans widened their eyes in surprise.

“It is too late foolish biologicals. Overload has had upgrades long enough to develop immunity, soon, it shall be complete. You cannot stop Overload.” He said in a slightly less intelligible, but still menacing voice.

With a ferocious roar, the monster charged.

“Raven,” Beast boy nudged her shoulder. “I have an idea.”

“You certainly pick the best times for them.” She replied dryly as she focused on the fifteen foot monster charging them.

“Just trust me, now, just do this…..” Beast Boy whispered on into Raven’s ear. Then started running towards the T-Ship

“OVERLOAD WILL CRUSH!!!”

“Azarath! Metrion! Zinthos!” Raven threw up her cloak now, and a huge black portal emerged from it to cover not only Overload, but everyone in the warehouse as well.

Soon, everything faded into black.

The darkness subsided quickly, as the titans soon found themselves in the old battle scarred downtown area, where an already furious Overload was contemplating his surroundings.

“You want the power plant?” Raven said dryly. “Looks like you’re back to square one.”

“This was Beast Boy’s plan?” Robin, completely exhausted now, said wearily to Raven.

“You’ll see.” She said.

“I do not know how much more of the ‘pummeling’ I can endure friends.” Starfire said as she floated tiredly above her friends.

Only Cyborg seemed fresh enough to take on this latest assault.

“Well, whatever B has planned, he better do it quick.” The titan charged his sonic cannon again.

“Do not worry friend. I can offer my assistance as well.” Fixit said calmly, taking another device out of his cloak, this one shaped like a disc.

“Not if Overload destroys foolish biologicals first!” Overload growled, then charged.

Raven, Robin, and Starfire braced themselves, while Cyborg gritted his teeth, steadying his aim as Overload got closer.

Fixit threw his disc onto the ground, which instantly threw up a blue force field.

Overload, unable to stop his drive, flattened his body against the electric barrier. Not even thinking anymore, the monster furiously pummeled the field with his hands, only with no effect. The Titans were safe inside.

“HEY OVERBUTT!” A loud cocky voice shouted from the air.

Overload turned around now, and he saw Beast Boy heading straight towards him.

Flying the T-Ship. Straight at him.

“You like power huh?” Beast Boy smirked, squinting his eyes as he aimed straight for Overload. “Well, here’s something for ya!”

With a violent roar of the engine, the T-ship rammed straight into Overload. It hit him so hard that it actually impaled the monster, dragging him along with the T-ship as it pulled straight up into the air, accelerating quickly into the atmosphere and leaving a trail of smoke in its wake.

As the ship accelerated, climbing hundreds of feet into the air, Overload gave a laugh, digging his arms into the ship.

“Energy! The power! All mine!” Overload cackled, absorbing pieces of the ship.

The hatch to the cockpit blew open now, and a smirking Beast Boy gave Overload a cocky salute.

“In space, no one can hear you explode.”

Then he transformed into a hawk and dove away.

Overload, still puzzled, looked into the console of Beast Boy’s cockpit.

10…....9…….8…….

“URGH?!”

Meanwhile, in the streets, dozens of citizens joined the titans as they all looked up into the sky.

The first thing they saw was a green peregrine falcon, which dove down, landing next to the titans and transforming back into Beast Boy.

“So, how did you like that.” Beast Boy brushed his hands confidently.

Cyborg however, was far from impressed, he was looking up, yelling frantically at Beast Boy. He grabbed his friend, swinging him wildly.

“AW man, you did NOT do what you just DID! I just repainted my baby!”

Beast Boy was stunned at this, and at first couldn’t think of anything to say.

“Heh…oops?”

The explosion that followed in that instant didn’t help either.

The sky was quickly illuminated in a bright yellow light, as a huge fireball erupted hundreds of feet above the city, blowing away nearby clouds while thousands of chunks of debris fell from the sky, leaving smoky trails in their wake.

“Um……told ya my explosion plan worked?” Beast Boy shrugged nervously.

Cyborg sighed. Sadly, he was used to this by now.

More debris fell from the sky now, and one of these objects was a busted up computer chip that landed straight onto the ground in front of the titans, still smoking.

“Overload……….ugh………toasted…..”

The villain groaned, then powered down. He was defeated.

Slowly, but surely, the citizens began emerging from the rubble now, all of them clapping their hands and cheering the titans. Eventually, a large crowd gathered in the street.

“Boo-YAH! Aside from Beast Boy destroying my stuff.” He gave the green titan a glare.

Which quickly faded back into a smile, he couldn’t stay that mad at Beast Boy.

“Everything’s good.”

Cyborg raised his arms in celebration with the rest of the citizens. “Now who’s up for a nice big afternoon of Stankball!”

Beast Boy yawned, “Maybe tomorrow.” Then he dragged his feet slowly away, only to stop dead in his tracks as two blonde girls joined the crowd, raising their hands eagerly.

“We wish to play!” The twins said.

Beast Boy had a huge smile on his face, instantly energized.

“AAaaaand I’m just the guy to teach you!” The green titan smirked, instantly positioning himself between the two ladies.

Meanwhile, Robin, Raven, and Starfire, struggled to just keep their eyelids open.

“Alright Titans.” Robin yawned, the toll of a whole night and morning’s fight already on his face. “Do whatever…….just Go!”

Raven nodded, while Starfire just floated aimlessly in their general direction, ignoring the huge crowds of fans that surrounded and followed them.

“Alright y’all!” Cyborg said cheerfully as he gathered up a group of young fans, “before we go to the park, I want ya’ll to meet a very good friend of mine! Fix-“

He turned around. No one was there.

“Fixit?”

As he tried to look, more fans swarmed him.

Fixit stood there, watching quietly as the crowd gathered around all the titans, congratulating them on a days good work. He did not wish to leave, but he found himself forced outside by the massive tidal wave of fans who ran to meet their heroes.

Instead, he observed, watching as he always did from an alleyway. Even from here, the crowd seemed awfully large.

Some familiar voices however, caught his attention.

“COOL MAN, that was like, the most awesome thing I’ve ever saw!” A child ran up to Cyborg, jumping onto his robotic arm and hugging it tightly.

It came from one of the children he had met earlier. In the park.

“You are the coolest Cyborg!” The blue capped kid with the prosthetic arm smiled as he was carried by his hero.

He laughed, holding his fake arm in front of Cyborg, who dutifully shook it. Cyborg meanwhile, between greeting his followers, was looking around the crowd, as if finding something. More people gathered around Cyborg now, ranging from businessmen, to cops, to even moms, all of them shaking his hand, praising him, and some even hugging him. Thanking him for the good work he did in protecting their city.

They were all there for him.

It took Fixit seconds to compute the scene, before he turned away from it all. The revelation disturbed him deeply, that the children he had so horrified hours before, now treated Cyborg, like he was one of their own.

But I have humanity….how come it is not acknowledged? How come they can see his? Is it…..because I am malfunctioning? Is it….because I am a monster?

He unconsciously stared at his hands again, only this time, he felt even emptier.

Why is it me…just me?

Fixit entered the darkness of the alleyway now, away from the cheering crowds, the titans he called friends, the one called Cyborg, who he had thought was the same as him.

“I am sorry Cyborg, But I see now that you were wrong. You were always wrong.” Fixit said calmly, to no one in particular, turning around to walk away.

The truth had dawned on him. Even he was different from Cyborg, the half machine.

“The data I have gathered is irrefutable.”

Cyborg has so much……so much that he didn’t have, nor understand. He did not know what was more frustrating, the fact that he did not have what Cyborg had, or the fact that he did not fully understand what it was he was being deprived of.

“You said we were the same, but you are wrong.” Fixit said in his monotone voice, walking even deeper into the alleyway, until he finally came upon one of his tunnels.

If he ever remembered what crying was like, he would be doing it right now. The bitter feeling of rejection and frustration was overwhelming him, but no tears passed through the metallic optic sensors that were his eyes.

Indeed, he maintained his composure with a metallic calm.

“I see now, the things that make us different.” Fixit’s eyes glowed red, and the passage opened, to reveal a passage down a dark tunnel.

“You belong here, I do not.”

With those last words, Fixit disappeared into the darkness, to return to the place he knew he truly belonged.. As he disappeared, a cascade of small robotic red eyes lit up the passage......

.....back to where he belonged.

His dark world, filled with his machines.

THE END.

Stay tuned for the next episode!

#413 DeathscytheVII, Dec 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2005
  14. Arrakhat

FIRSTIES!

And first off, hurray for explosions! This was a great end to the chapter. Possibly the most emotional scene you've done yet, minus a few from your episode where BB goes blind. I also loved Beast Boy's plan. Llama spit, explosions, Fixit returning to his catacombs (and so returns the status quo), this was great. I can't wait until the next episode.

I can't wait to see your drawing either. I personally never color mine. I never do a good job when I try.

15. JAG

JAG Active Member

Awsome ending! Beast Boy's plan was great. "In space, no one can hear you explode." That part was funny. And you wrote the ending really well. It makes you feel sorry for Fixit. I kept thinking somebody would come thank him, too, but that never happened. Poor guy.:(

Can't wait for the next story!:D

16. DeathscytheVII

AHAHAH, funny thing how you guys wanted an explosion so badly, and i planned it all out before hand ;). I guess it was just a coincidence hehe.

Thanks for the Fixit scene! I wasn't sure if I allocated enough time to it, but i'm really glad it worked out :D. Yay, another emotional moment!

Beast Boy's llama is awesome, just seeing him peg Gizmo in "Deception" made me want to see him use it more :D

Sometimes, life isn't fair eh? But thanks for the comment! Really appreciate it!

Man, i just cleaned up my picture and i REALLY want to post it...it turned out really good for my first Human drawing. I NEVER drew humans before, and WOW...hehe anyways, look forward to it soon.

I was gonna add some background music to Fixit's scene, "Tomorrow" by S-71, but meh....maybe ill upload it soon.

17. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

BB got some girls in the end, after screwing up so badly throughout the entire episode. . .That was a nice touch, and it seemed like after everything he went through, he kinda deserved it. I just want to know; how bad of shape is Overload in if he's just in a damaged chip form? It seemed like the worst I've ever seen him in, and definitely he deserved it. . .It was kinda ironic, when his speech became more complex as he evolved, he reminded me of Slade in some respects. There were little things about his speech that just kinda pointed to a Slade type feeling. . .I don't know how to explain it:sweat:. I liked that Raven landed the T-Ship right on top of Overload in the warehouse;
    That made me laugh. . .and I also liked;
    That part got to me alot; that was a really sad ending. . .I really thought that he was finally going to fit in and he didn't; I have honestly never read something that drove what loneliness is like so very well, seriously. That was some talent in descriptions, of course I'm always blown away by how you can go to writing an awesome action moment, to a happy moment, to a sad moment and make all the descriptions so very good! It also served to drive home just how different Fixit was from Cyborg. . .and also how much the Titans have in general. . .Do I even have to mention, once again, how awesome Overload was? Oh, what the heck, I'll say it anyway; the actual show still needs to hire you to write for them! I can't wait for the next eppy!

18. DeathscytheVII

you can't deny the fact that BB is almost as big a pimp as Cy ;) so.....lol fits well. Besides, I always wanted to see him get back to those two girls in EDHHD.

As for Overload's damaged chip form? Everytime the Titans defeated him he's been in that form, its basically a way of saying he's out of power, i guess this one is worse....since his chip is smoking from the explosion ;) but not that much worse off.

Overload sounding like slade? Haha didn't intend to, but now that you pointed it out, i can see some of the similarities (the taunting comes to mind.) Well, when i wrote that part, i tried picturing in my head Overload's voice, but oh well, Slade = badass. Overload talking intelligently like Slade = almost as badass :cool:

Honestly Death! Thanks so much! Considering the awesome emotion and character depth you portrayed in your own fics :) I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Fixit is in many ways very similar to Cyborg, but at the same time, Cyborg doesn't realize all he has going for him. One of the reasons why i think Cy in eps like "Cyborg the Barbarian" and "only human" was weak was because he doesn't realize how lucky he is, compared to Fixit. Really. I hope they do a Cyborg Ep that brings this comparison in.

It's a better take on Cy's "dealing with being a machine" theme than what he has done in the past...crying over it.

Overload = best muscle villain ever! (some are inclined to disagree ;) haha).

Work on the show? I wish haha, but those guys are talented enough already. Besides, I heard CN is not renewing Teen Titans after this season :(...booo

19. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

So, what did we have in that finale there? Some quality gags (esp. Raven in the T-Ship, where she was no more skilled than the one she always mocks), then Overload being spine-chillingly bad-ass, then a brilliant "oh sh*t" moment as the previously agreed plan didn't work, then Overload being taken down in a very funny and stylish way (loved the Alien reference), then some more quality "end of episode" gags (yes, BB is a natural-born pimp), and finally, much to my surprise, a very bitter and unceremonious closing scene with Fixit. An eclectic bunch of stuff, and all brilliantly handled. As per usual.;) :anime:

-Matt A-

20. DeathscytheVII

I only made Overload what I wish he was in the show, nice to see it work out, a muscle villain with a brain? deadly stuff. I would pay to hear BB's actor say that exploding line haha. Fixit was really the center piece of this episode, and yay! it surprised you :)

Thanks alot mate!

NOW!!! Remember how I said to look forward to a few familiar Original Characters later on this season?

Here's one of them

[​IMG]

Note: This scourge is basically my interpretation, sorry if i didn't draw it true to your descriptions Pun-3x :S i dunno how to incorporate one horn on a guy, i'm used to drawing two. And whenever i think Firnusium, i think red hahaha =/
    -------------------

#420 DeathscytheVII, Dec 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.