1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 4, 2017.

?

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" - Discuss the animated movie and leave a rating!

1. *****

5.9%
  2. ****1/2

17.6%
  3. ****

41.2%
  4. ***1/2

17.6%
  5. ***

5.9%
  6. **1/2

5.9%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

5.9%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment bring one of the most momentous Teen Titans plotlines in comics history to animated life! Discuss the animated feature and its home media release here!

[​IMG]

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
    Studio:
    Warner Bros. Animation
    Release Date: April 4th, 2017 - Digital; April 18th - Blu-ray/DVD

Synopsis: Led by Starfire, the Teen Titans – Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Robin and the just-returned Nightwing – have built a cohesive team in their never-ending battle against evil; but their newest teammate, the mysterious and powerful Terra, may be altering that dynamic. Meanwhile, an ancient evil, Brother Blood, has awakened, and familiar foe Deathstroke is lurking in the shadows – both waiting to pounce. Ultimately, the Teen Titans will need to battle their enemies and their own doubts to unite and overcome the malicious forces around them in this twisting tale of intrigue, adventure and deception.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is directed by Sam Liu from a screenplay by Ernie Altbacker. Sam Register is Executive Producer; James Tucker is Supervising Producer; and Alan Burnett is co-Producer.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Bonus Content:
    -Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, featuring the talented creators and voice cast.
    -Featurette – Titanic Minds: Wolfman and Perez: This revealing documentary explores a creative partnership that has lasted decades as Marv Wolfman and George Pérez come together to discuss their careers and one of the most famous runs in Teen Titan history, The Judas Contract.
    -Featurette – Villains United—Deathstroke: When the super-soldier Deathstroke appears, the forces of good will be in the fight of their lives. This short featurette reveals the origin and unique abilities of this villain.
    -Additional Sneak Peeks
    --From the DC Comics Vault – Two Bonus Cartoons
    Note: Bonus content may vary between Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD editions.

Discuss the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract animated release here!

Please note this talkback is for both the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract animated feature and home media release. Discussion for both are now housed in one single talkback discussion thread.

Related Threads:
    -Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Subsite (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Classic Graphic Novel Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League Dark Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League vs. Teen Titans Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: Gods and Monsters Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: War Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans "Aftershock, Part 2" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans "Aftershock, Part 1" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans "Betrayal" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans "Titan Rising" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Teen Titans "Terra" Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: Remember, we appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

I bought this on iTunes today and this was a great movie. With Justice League Dark and now this, WB's 2017 slate is really good so far. The pacing was good although I wish they spent a little more time with Terra's backstory and her being a new member on the team. Or even just used a little more exposition to Nightwing to give us some clarification on Terra and her status on the team. All in all I thought this was a really well done movie and a solid adaptation of the original story. Yeah, they made a fair amount of changes but I can't believe they kept the creepy relationship between Terra and Deathstroke relatively intact. There are a couple moments and a few bits of dialogue that was uncomfortablke. I also like how this movie built off continuity of some of the previous movies as I find it gives us a better idea of this DC Universe.

And since this is a spoiler thread I believe that spoilers are fair game so you've been warned (if you don't want to be spoiled then you should avoid a thread that is clearly labelled *spoilers*). The cameo by Wonder Girl at the end was a great tease and Jericho surviving the movie was a nice nod.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I don't know, I didn't really dig Tera's voice here, sometimes she doesn't try, other times she's trying to hard.

Damian seemed to improve a little bit, showing more empathy and concern for others, but he is still a pretty big... little jerk. :/

I thought it took some decent liberties with Tera, plus the stuff with Jamie was good; Dick and Kori is always fun to watch, and anything with Tera is is a delight... but for the life of me, are they really shipping, "Daiven?!" Come on, really?!

Although, I kind'a wish they didn't kill of Deathstroke, (again) because I hope to see more of him afterwards (played be a different actor of course :/)

All in all, there's not too much for me to talk about, it's a flawed but pretty alright film.

6.5/10

4. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Was there a Dedication?

5. Troy Troodon

6. WebMasterSage

Shoot. Well Im sure somebody did. I mean Miguel Ferrer as Deathstroke is easily perfect Casting on Paper but at the same time, it's sad that it was announced on the day Ferrer Died.

I guess that's where the Death in Deathstroke comes in.

7. Troy Troodon

I may re-watch it at some point, and maybe give a full contrastive review while I'm at it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. WebMasterSage

Good Idea.

9. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

I thought the movie was very well done. It was still a tragic story despite so many elements being changed. Every member played some role that mattered.

I do think Beast Boy's "social media affinity" could go, it comes off a little awkward and forced, especially when we're in 2017. "Hey look Twitter!" is very, very dated.

Some very interesting, but very spoilery points about the end:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Active Member

Good news, especially about D! I was certain that was J who we saw in previous footage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

While not perfect, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is another enjoyable DC Universe Animated Original Movie title. Features solid storytelling and a couple legit surprises. Full review coming soon!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Troy Troodon

So to answer your question, no they did not dedicate this film in memory of Miguel Ferrer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. WebMasterSage

Aww. :(

14. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Well, that's kinda heartless...Though I could understand if the credits were made well before he died, they could've easily inserted something like a dedication.

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll probably post more thoughts later on, but I just wanted to say I was very happy and surprised seeing that wonderful new addition to the team, as revealed towards the end. The way the interview was going I was expecting Kevin Smith to be actually talking about Terra, not knowing what has happened, and for Beast Boy to set him straight. It's cool seeing the original version of the character appear since I was expecting a newer take on the character to be used, if they ever got around to bringing her into this continuity.

Other than that, a very good movie overall. A good adaptation of the story from the comics with plenty of action, drama, suspense and even some neat comedy and romantic scenes spread throughout. I liked just about all the stuff going on with Nightwing and Starfire - not only in regards to the Titans mission (which was also very good, with Kori being the actual leader and starting to doubt herself since Dick came back) but also taking their relationship to the next level. Plus, some very nice interactions between them.

I guess the Beast Boy and Terra connection felt a little rushed but it was still handled well. Plus it would have been a waste if they didn't address it at all seeing as how it was a pretty big part of the story. I liked how all the Titans had their own little story-arc separate from the actual plot of the movie. I was surprised Blue Bteetle got this much exposure here. As well as meeting his family and a potential love interest (a girl with a number on her t-shirt :p).

Slade's return was handled well enough and while it was a pretty simple explanation as to how he's still alive, it made sense. I don't know if he survived his fight with Terra in this movie but the end credits teaser sets up the next story nicely and there should still be a connection to Slade somewhere in there. The relationship between Slade and Terra was handled pretty well. Brother Blood himself was a decent villain though I had a feeling he would end up being overshadowed by the other two previously mentioned characters.

Probably the only thing that actually bothered me is they never mentioned what happened to the other original members of the team seen in the flashback at the beginning of the movie. That scene was also pretty awesome. I would have liked seeing an entire movie with that team of Titans but a flashback sequence was the next best thing.

All in all, a very entertaining movie. This was the one I was looking forward to the most, out of the main 3 announced last summer, and it didn't really disappoint.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. btgr

btgr Member

I think Blue Beetle's potential love interest is Traci 13. The name "Traci" was seen in the End Credits voiced by Bumblebee's voice actress. As for the number on her t-shirt, I think its a "13". I don't recall any DC female characters having the number 12 on their t-shirt.

17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought they made it pretty clear that's who it was supposed to be. She also had a name tag saying "Traci - Volunteer" the first time Jaime meets her.

EDIT: And he also calls her by name when he's talking to her on the phone.

18. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Oh wow, I loved Traci in the comics and did not pick up on that. A bit disappointing that her character has had her race changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Random bit of trivia: The Daffy Duck cartoon Dick and Kori are watching is "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery". Another scene from the same cartoon was also used in Son of Batman.

• Like Like x 1
  20. juan1193

juan1193 Member

Yeah I'm also disappointed they changed Traci 13's race. She looks more like Brenda than Traci honestly (Green eyes, Red hair). I'm hoping they change that in future movies, assuming she appears again.

Anyway I enjoyed the movie and thought it was a solid addition to the DCAMU! Does anyone know what that end credits scene was teasing?

• Like Like x 1