1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

Terra makes most sense as a figure. Have we gotten a female figure with these?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Off the top of my head, I know for sure the Gods and Monsters did - of Wonder Woman. Assault on Arkham might have been Harley.

Past ones for these in-continuity ones were Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Deathstroke, Superman. Joker for TKJ. Zoom for TFP. Brainiac for Unbound. Batman for TDKR Pt. 1. Joker for TDKR Pt. 2. Manchester for The Elite.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #162 Yojimbo, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Agreed, though with the inclusion of Jaime's parents in the voice cast, it looks like the movie is going to throw some extra attention his way. Surprising, considering he didn't even exist when the original story was published.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. btgr

btgr Member

Not to mention that Judas Contract will be Jaime's Parents' very first animated appearance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. juan1193

juan1193 Member

I did not expect to see Blue Beetle's parents!! I guess that means he'll get more attention than I originally anticipated? As a fan that makes me incredibly happy!! Also I must get that figure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The breakdown of comic book nods was well done but the breakdown of the movie continuity left a lot to be desired. I laughed then groaned when Smith didn't identify who Beast Boy was fighting and played it as a mystery when it's plain as day a H.I.V.E soldier or pointing out "leaving what appears to be the Titans Tower." Shrug.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Glad to know I was right on with the VA's for the original Titans :).

A part of me realizes Gleason probably brought back the Young Justice VA's for expediency sake, especially for characters who probably won't have a role in the film past that one flashback sequence, but a part of me thinks it might have also been meant as a tribute to the show as well :anime:.

Plus, it'll be nice to hear those VA's as those characters again while we're still waiting for season 3 ;).

Jaime's parents showing up is a nice susrprise, particularly with the return of DC vet Maria Canals-Barrera as Jaime's mom, given I was expecting Blue Beetle to be the least developed of the Titans in this movie.Happy to be wrong :D.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder what role they could play. Maybe a flashback or the present when he reveals to them he's Blue Beetle. I recall they did that in the comic and caused a 'stir' because he up and disappeared to go help the JL.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Orangesilentplanet

Orangesilentplanet New Member

What gave the original Judas Contract it's emotional "umph", was the relationship between Terra and BB. We haven't seen much of in the clips given out. It was BB's feelings for Terra that gave the story its tragedy, otherwise the fans wouldn't have felt any sense of loss over her fate.

I really hope the producers are able to convey that conviction in this DVD. But so far, the only thing I notice is that Terra is taller than BB.

Orangesilentplanet

10. Greg91

Greg91 Member

We haven't seen much footage, so Beast Boy and Terra could easily have a strong relationship. We just have to wait and see. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, so far we saw Beast Boy and Terra kiss so that arc looks to be part of this movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

The relationship between Changeling and Terra originally played out over many issues of The New Teen Titans even before the start of the "Judas Contract" arc. This animated film only has about an hour or so to establish and develop it, so there is no way to explore it in all of its depth and breadth. That's just something to keep in mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, if look at JLvsTT - it was more focused on Robin and Raven but some good bits for Beast Boy and Blue Beetle with a spotlight on Starfire. I think it'll be the same case here but with Terra and Beast Boy with some good bits for Blue Beetle, Robin, and Raven with a spotlight on Starfire and Nightwing.

Obviously, we've seen in the previews and past movies they're not beholden to adapt everything 100% so I'm curious how things will play out between Terra and Beast Boy. I doubt they plan to repeat JLvsTT so some flipping of the script will happen, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Orangesilentplanet

Orangesilentplanet New Member

Where? Where did you see that? I haven't.

Orangesilentplanet

15. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Joker's Henchman

It's in the long sneak peak attached to JLD

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Beast Boy's relationship to Terra is probably going to be as central to the movie as it was to season 2 of the cartoon, in that it'll give Terra more conflict over betraying the Titans for Slade and possibly give Gar his own arc.

Whether it'll be developed well amidst other sub-plots or characters and in the movie's run-time is another question entirely...

• Like Like x 1
  17. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

Since I really loved Justice League vs Teen Titans, I'm really looking forward to this movie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Interview with Ernie Altbacker
    -J.M. DeMatteis did the first outline but another project came up, Altbacker did a second outline and got the greenlight to write, there was around 3 drafts total
    -Altbacker's favorites to write were Deathstroke and Terra. For Terra - "she’s kind of living two lives and it’s screwing her up"

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess 3 drafts makes sense for what's been a long-teased project for the animated feature line...

Terra leading a double-life? I wonder what that entails :rolleyes2:.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, actually 4. Because Oliva, I think, in that Hall of Justice podcast revealed the Wolfman script is totally separate from this one. They started over in other words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.