1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The talkback for Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is now live! Go check it out!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Is that what the suit looked like in the trophy case in Son of Batman? I seem to recall it looking more like the actual classic Robin costume in the comics then, which is why Damian made fun of it :sweat:.

I think Bourassa has done about 5 Robin designs by now. He's designed Dick as Robin twice, did a Jason design for the shrine to him in Young Justice (unless that was somebody else?), designed Tim, and finally got to design Damian for the animated movies :cool:.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Off the top of my head, I recall the top half matched this recent design. I'd have to rewatch. But I think both he and Batman probably went through more than one version of their costumes in the early years -- and that scene was more Damian being Damian than him mocking the suit - that was his way of admitting he wanted to be Robin, imo.

EDIT: Okay, @Frontier, yeah so while the display cases change every Batman movie -- you can see Batman had 5 suits total at most (BvR), 3 at the least (SoB, BB); there has always been one Robin suit on display, and Nightwing has had 3 so far. But for Robin, as I noted, the top half matches but then in this flashback you can see there's the addition of pants, slightly different boots than the pixie ones in the case, black instead of green 'underoo', addition of elbow pad. In Son of Batman, Alfred remarked Grayson wore the Robin suit that was on display when he was a child. I think it's fair to say in his teens, Robin tweaked the original suit to reflect his age at least once as seen in the flashback. It's poetic that Damian essentially did the same thing Grayson did and tweaked the original Robin suit to his liking.

Mod Note: The movie is now available wide! Head over to the talkback thread to continue the discussion!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.