1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

• Like Like x 3
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

And if we do see a Wonder Girl introduced in this particular continuity, she will probably be Cassie, not Donna.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

It could be possible for Donna to be introduced in this continuity.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

4. Otaku-sempai

Possible to see Donna Troy, but unlikely I think. Wonder Woman herself hasn't been in the world-at-large for long in this continuity. Donna wouldn't have appeared in time to be a founding member of this Teen Titans. She would have to be introduced as a new character. That makes it seem more likely to me that we would see Cassie Sandsmark instead.[/QUOTE]

5. AdrenalineRush1996

Unlikely as Wonder Girl, yes but not unlikely as Troia. They could have a new origin for her as like you said, WW hasn't been out of the world-at-large for long or they could just retcon that part for Wonder Woman.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Frankly, if Wally and Roy can have been active as hero's and part of the original Teen Titans years ago, they could probably find a way to work in Garth and Donna despite the issues with how young and relatively new to the game their mentors are continuity-wise.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, they could just pull some retcons in order to make this work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Judas Contract teaser:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

First 5 minutes it appears. And so AWESOME. Five years ago is perfect, just what I guessed on my version of the timeline. So this incident was around 2012, about 2 years before War. That would make Beast Boy 11 years old or so as Star stated, his powers manifested when he was 11, in JLvsTT so he was about 15 in that movie. Hm, and Dick would only be Robin a few more years, 3 at most up to events of Son of Batman.

EDIT: Some comments on screening showing up on #judascontract already. Marv Wolfman is in the audience, too.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks pretty awesome. Great action and nice use of comedy as well (Robin's reaction to seeing Starfire for the first time, or what other languages the other Titans know :p).

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Well-Known Member

And no fan asked about Garth and Donna Troy? Are they really fans? I am indignant! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I now totally want more flashbacks to the original Teen Titans team. This group looks really awesome and cool together, and seem to play off each other quite well, and I'd love to see this period of the group explored more at some point :cool:.

I have to say, while I wasn't convinced when I first saw the sneak peek, Sean Maher does a decent job of portraying a younger Dick here as Robin, and making him sound more "youthful" while still distinctly his Dick Grayson :).

Would it really be Beast Boy if he didn't think about pizza all the time :p?

Of course Speedy is the one who says not to underestimate a pretty face :rolleyes2:.

All the Robin and Starfire moments (their eyes locking, the kiss) put a big smile on my face :D.

Kid Flash knowing Spanish feels like another Young Justice reference...

Something tells me Bumblebee was really glad to finally have another girl on the team :sweat:.

I'm guessing it's going to be a plot point that Starfire stuck around on Earth with the Titans and never went back to retake the throne from Blackfire...

I'm really wondering what happened to Bumblebee, Speedy, and Kid Flash after they apparently left the team in the interim between the five years o_O.

I'm especially curious to find out Wally's relationship with Barry and if Roy's appearance here implies Green Arrow is currently active in the DCNAU. With the former, I'm guessing it will get retroactively established that The Flash has been active longer then War implied and had a partner like Batman did ;).

It makes you wonder how long Dick's Robin career was. They've implied he started very young, so assuming he's, say, 18 here and 21 when we first meet him as Nightwing in Son of Batman, if he started at 13 (around the same time as Young Justice Dick) that would give him about 9 years as Robin :proud:.

The passing of Miguel Ferrer was a big loss for everyone :(.

Huh, I didn't know Bourassa worked on Static Shock...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

In the past, on twitter I think, Tucker said Dick started when he was 10 years old like Damian. In theory, around the time Talia got pregnant or early 2000s.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Otaku-sempai

For both Bruce and Dick the ages at which they were orphaned has usually varied between 8 and 10 years. It depends on who is telling the story. From The New Teen Titans (Vol. 1) #39:

And the New52 comics seemed to take a page from the Joel Schumacher Batman movies with an older Dick Grayson.

• Like Like x 1
    #235 Otaku-sempai, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think this may be the entire panel. 43 minutes. EDIT: Watch out around the 37 min mark - spoilers about the end credit teaser.

There's only so much time and under 10 people get to ask questions I think. Given enough people, they would come up. It's not polite to question if they're fans or not. They loved the movie and wanted to ask questions about the movie. Not who wasn't in it.

I'm sure in time if they do more TT movies, they will show up. But from day one, Tucker stated he's not going to do literal interpretations and that extends to team rosters. Asking about them here would be a waste of a question and probably have gotten a vague cryptic response that neither confirmed or denied them appearing. Plus, there's still a lot of ambiguity about how long those TT were around, who was a member before and after that scene. There's still a lot to learn about the TT's past.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #236 Yojimbo, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We don't know how long the Titans have been active as a group, exactly, nor just how much of a roster shakeup they went through in those five years before only Dick, Kori, and Gar were the only members left, so there's probably time for Donna and Garth to have been members at some point if the creators ever want to feature them :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SFSnaggle

SFSnaggle Member

After years of waiting it is nice to finally see this classic tale given an animated adaption.

Also pretty nice timing in terms of synchronicity given not long after the release of the film the comics will be doing a spiritual successor in the upcoming Lazarus Contract.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Otaku-sempai

You make a good point, though you're forgetting that Raven and Blue Beetle had joined the team by the time that Damian was brought in while Dick seems to have quit the Titans. If the Teen Titans had be reduced to just three members the team would have probably broken up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. juan1193

juan1193 Member

Wait there's an end credit scene? Does that mean we are going to continue getting Teen Titans movies? Yes! The more movies the better!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.