1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Active Member

Yeah, I fully expected that once we saw the teaser at the end of JL vs. TT. I figured the only way the Wolfman script would remain relevant would be if they decided after all to make this a non-continuity movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's kind of funny he uses the word "classic" when the image features the Damian Wayne Robin and Blue Beetle #3 :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Active Member

Is there a new printing of the collected graphic novel coming out this week?

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I might have seen one in the May solicits that just came out last week.

EDIT: Okay, so there's a new printing for April 26. An a new NTT omnibus in August is what I saw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #185 Yojimbo, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I just saw this earlier today, so I'm not sure if it was already confirmed but an re-release TPB comes out April 26th.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, just saw it. You ninja'ed me when I was editing. lol. April 26. They should release it oh I don't know, before the DTV?

3/3: Blue Beetle still released.

• Funny Funny x 1
    #187 Yojimbo, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Heh, the perfect image for international women's day :anime:.

I'm sure Dick isn't at all self-conscious about his girlfriend being able to kick his butt :p.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Will he complete the set with a Raven image ;)?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/8: Yup. Raven

I have a feeling she's been doing that to him since they met and she's one of the few who can. lol.

3/12: Beast Boy in gorilla mode. An announcement Monday it seems. I think it will be the Wonder Con panel info. It is March 31 to April 2 this year.

Bourassa confirms, in the comments section, no Batman in this movie.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #192 Yojimbo, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member

It's kind of sad that Batman being absent in a movie is a good thing, even something that people are celebrating. At the same time, this is the first DC Comics Animated Original Movie without Batman (and the first true non-Batman or Justice League movie) since 2013 so I'm certainly happy about that at the very least. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's fine with me Batman isn't present in the movie. Especially considering this is supposed to be a Teen Titans story, and Batman already had a pretty large role in Justice League Dark.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has issued details on the World Premiere of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Check it out below.

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT TO HOST EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE OF
    TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT MARCH 31 AT WONDERCON ANAHEIM

Teen Titans actors Sean Maher, Jake T. Austin, Taissa Farmiga, Kari Wahlgren,
    Brandon Soo Hoo & Stuart Allan to attend Screening & Panel Discussion

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment continues its annual WonderCon tradition with the exclusive World Premiere of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, the next DC Universe Original Movie, on the evening of Friday, March 31, 2017 at WonderCon Anaheim in the Arena of the Anaheim Convention Center.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will screen at 6:00pm in the 4,000-seat Arena, followed by a panel discussion amongst the film’s acting stars and filmmakers.

The entertaining post-screening panel will feature Sean Maher (Firefly/Serenity, Batman: Bad Blood), the voice of Nightwing; Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) as Raven; Jake T. Austin (Wizards of Waverly Place, The Fosters) as Blue Beetle; Brandon Soo Hoo (Tropic Thunder, From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series) as Beast Boy; Kari Wahlgren (Phineas and Ferb, Legion of Superheroes) as Starfire; and Stuart Allan (Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood) as Robin/Damian; plus director Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke), supervising producer James Tucker (Batman Bad Blood, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders) and character designer Phil Bourassa (Justice League Dark, Young Justice). Additional panelists will be announced as confirmed.

Inspired by the 1984 DC story arc from Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract finds the Teen Titans – Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Robin and the just-returned Nightwing – working as a cohesive team in their never-ending battle against evil. But their newest teammate, the mysterious and powerful Terra (voiced by Christina Ricci), may be altering that dynamic. Meanwhile, an ancient evil, Brother Blood (Gregg Henry), has awakened, and familiar foe Deathstroke (the late Miguel Ferrer) is lurking in the shadows – both waiting to pounce. Ultimately, the Teen Titans will need to battle their enemies and their own doubts to unite and overcome the malicious forces around them in this twisting tale of intrigue, adventure and deception.

Fans will have the opportunity to meet the cast on Friday, March 31 when all of the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract panelists will sign limited edition, WonderCon Anaheim exclusive mini-posters at the DC Entertainment booth. For information on the cast's Autograph Signing, please visit Hall D on Friday morning.

An encore presentation of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (without an accompanying panel) is slated for Sunday, April 2 at 3:15pm in the Arena.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will be distributed on Digital HD starting April 4, 2017, and on Blu-ray Deluxe Edition, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD beginning April 18, 2017.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have never been more happy to hear that Batman isn't in something :anime:.

Nice to know about the WonderCon premier :).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool Titans logo ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely looking forward to more Starfire in this movie :D.

• Agree Agree x 2